rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Star Trek Discovery ticks all the Social Justice boxes

Star Trek Discovery ticks all the Social Justice boxes

Quote: (10-02-2017 03:36 PM)MikeS Wrote:  

I've actually enjoyed the first three episodes. Despite the tough, black, female lead with a male name (which they even joke a little about in the third episode), it feels like a much more modern and action filled show - but still with plenty of talk and occasionally too much exposition (two first episodes, not so much an issue with the third) - than any previous Star Trek series. More like the latest movies in that regard. Also modern fights, people who hate each other and blood and gore in the third episode. Visually it also looks like a high budget show.

The female lead hasn't even annoyed me so far - beyond simply being a symbol of what SJWs love by way of being tough and black (but that's really modern Hollywood for you, to more or less severe extent. Personally I'm far from giving up on movies and TV series, there's still lots I mostly find entertaining). Despite her toughness and skills (raised by Vulcans. Yeah!), she's definitely also shown to have some rather major flaws - won't say more because of major spoilers.

I think the reasons why you like it are precisely why I dislike it. Would rather watch TNG & DS9 reruns. Hell even some voyager reruns just for 7.

CBS will bomb with this. It financially won't be able to carry its weight.

Messages In This Thread