rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vinny's world travel log

Vinny's world travel log

Georgia - country of ugly women, tasty food, beautiful scenery and amazing wine.

Last week I travelled to Georgia. Planned a trip solo a week in advance but to my surprise few days before leaving one of my regulars decided to join. She even bought her own tickets. Since she never traveled outside of Ukraine I had to meet her parents to show them I am safe. I had to promise I will bring her back in one piece [Image: biggrin.gif]

What a great decision to take her. The girl 19yo, Ukrainian 8.5 was a 10 in Georgia, 11 even. Every one who had eyes stared at her, guys girls, old men. She was points above any girl I have seen in Georgia. Even she noticed how bad things were. Lesson learned, when travelling to Caucasus region take your own girl with you.

Ancient country with layers and layers of history. Wars, kings, struggles. To give you the idea of how old the place is Kutaisi the 2nd largest city was the land where Jason and the Argonauts arrived in their search for the legendary Golden Fleece.

Georgia is a poor country so food, transport and accommodation are cheap. Surprisingly even cheaper then Ukraine. We found a guide who showed us around Tbilisi for a day and only asked for around 3 euro for his services. I gave him 6.

1 hour bus ride to Mcheta (ancient capital) is only 30 euro cents. (euro is pretty much same as dollar fyi)
A hotel booked 1 day in advanced 16$. A bit outside of center but nicely remodeled room with fresh furniture.
A meal for 2 with a bottle of wine and a dance show 18$.

Aparently Georgia is one of the first places on the globe where wine was produced. The oldest wine jug remains found here are 8000 years old. I like wine so I liked the place. It was a time of harvest so every few minutes on the road you see trucks full of grapes. Most of Georgian wine is red and it is some of the best I have ever tried. They have their own ancient technology, their own kinds of grapes and they seem to know what they are doing. Trip to wine region was a success.

We took a trip to mountains but, the weather was against us and you could not see the snowy peaks. However climbing a steep hill on an old soviet car was fun.

To sum up. If you ever go to Georgia, go for a week or longer. 5 days felt like 1. Country has a lot to offer. It has warm sea and snowy mountains, amazing food and friendly people. Remember to bring your own girl from Eastern Europe, she will appreciate it and so will you.

Messages In This Thread