rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mexico City Data Sheet

Mexico City Data Sheet

I've been in town for about 6 days now with about 10 more and have gone out a few times. Most of the intel from previous posts are still relevant and valuable but here's a few updates from my perspective:

Pata Negra: Still relevent. Came here on a Friday around 11AM and posted up. Opened a few sets and spent about 3 hours with two single fresas who spoke good English. We danced and drank, made fun of Mexican men and I had a good time. Settled for a number which ended up flaking. When we left around 2:30AM the place was jam packed (maybe a poor 65/35 ratios with many women in social groups). The line outside was also very long by then.

Chuchito Perez and Club Social Rhodesia: Came here on a Thurs night with another RVFer. Chuchito is more of a warm up spot as everyone are seated at tables eating dinner or having drinks. Rhodesia next door sucks in my opinion. It's in a dark basement, the music is loud, and there was no talent / pretty empty up until 1AM when we left. The only saving grace is the shots bar in the back room which has cool shot mixtures for 40 pesos.

Mono: This place is dope. Went here after Rhodesia and cover was 100 pesos at 2AM - open until 6AM apparently. We missed it the first time and walked past it. It's actually on top of a big car garage / ware house type building. It's pretty big, has a large bar / dance floor with DJ that places house / techno music. I chopped it up in the smoke pit area and got into some good conversations. There's a good mix of international and English-speaking chicas here that were well turned out. The ratio seemed about 60/40, a lot of girls came with their bf's but I would come back. Didn't pull but could definitely see it happening here.

Walther: Permanently closed. Wanted to go after reading previous posts but was disappointed to find via google maps it's out of business.

Ragga Room in Antara: Permanently closed. Went here on a Saturday night ready to roll solo dolo and it was no longer in business.

Joy Room in Antara: Still open and looks really exclusive. Again, tried to get in on a Saturday by rolling alone and despite showing up early, the doormen said I needed a reservation. With further inquiry, he revealed that you need to "have a connection" / "know el capitan" to get in, and is not as simply as signing up for a guest list / on Facebook. Saw a lot of high end fresas start to roll in with their friends / bf's around 2 AM and everyone was really dressed up. Not sure if it's only because I came on a super exclusive event night or that I am Asian and don't look Latino at all thereby not getting in. The doormen who was friendly suggested I go to the karaoke place next door but I declined and bounced.

Phoenix in Roma: An amiga of mine says she hangs out here sometimes. There's no cover / long line and the drinks are reasonably priced. Came here after trying the above two places and was pleasantly surprised. It is more of a smaller, cosy bar than a club but the ambiance is nice and you can have good conversations.

There is good talent here but most are in social groups at standing or seated tables. I still managed to get a pretty solid number here by posting up at the bar and engaging a chica when she came to buy drinks for her group. She then introduced me to her friends celebrating a bday and I got the in.

Lastly, I second the day game in the big streets from Condesa leading to Reforma 222 and inside. The monuments along the way also make for easy opens if you play the lost gringo / looking for a store / Starbucks angle. I tried both direct and indirect day game - both work equally well but direct will require more Spanish abilities for teasing, challenging and building rapport.

Datasheet: Vancouver, BC

Messages In This Thread