rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Slate: Gorsuch is everything liberals feared - and more

Slate: Gorsuch is everything liberals feared - and more

Quote: (06-27-2017 07:57 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

Quote: (06-27-2017 05:06 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (06-27-2017 04:28 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

I'll be careful about celebrating these types of law men. They look good for now because of the enemies present but these guys have no qualms in allowing the power of the state to rule over its citizens with overwhelming power.

Yeah please like the liberals were defenders of individual rights...

Thurgood Marshall always wrote excellent dissents in Fourth Amendment cases.

Mind sharing a few examples? I mostly know Thurgood as the guy who, inadvertently or not, integrated the South at gunpoint, caused tens of millions of abortions, and having some of the most thoughtless opinions on the death penalty I've ever read.

A judge needs to be more like a moderator who merely applies the agreed upon rules fairly. He's not the guy who makes the rules. Both Brennan and Marshall were activist judges who completely abused their power completely and lead to the current extreme discontent between the left and the right today.

I agree with others here that the judicial system needs reforming in very important ways. A few major ones:

- No law school to take the Bar (this will lower costs of lawyers by about a factor of 10)
- All judges must run for election every year from pool of qualifying lawyers who've passed the Bar and have practiced for at least 10 years
- Jury trials as much as possible whenever a case impacts people for the remainder of the lives, such as family law cases involving children
- Allow jury members to participate through the internet for non-notable cases (this will speed up the process tremendously), but all records of deliberations must be made available for streaming to the general public during the proceedings of the trial and jury deliberations should be made public after the trial is over
- Accused should be held in much better accommodations than what convicted prisoners are put in, at least two-star hotel quality with a matress, phone, and government approved internet websites
- Minimum number of judges and courthouses must be mandated to meet the demands of the system and to be funded non-negotiably from state taxes (wait times for cases are already absurd... speedy trial my ass)

Bottom line the system we have dates before to the Ancient Greeks for christ sakes, we need to update it for modern living styles and technology, as well as make the system much more democratic.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread