rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Snapchat is dying

Snapchat is dying

Snap views are going down along alongside decreasing monthly users. The killer was Instagram's Stories clone.

Quote:Quote:

Most reported declines in Snapchat Stories view counts ranging from 15 to 40 percent, and a reduction in how often they or those they monitor post to Snapchat Stories. Meanwhile, our sources report rapidly growing view counts on Instagram Stories, and engagement-to-follower rates one social influencer talent agent called “Insanely f*cking high”.

[...]

In the 25 weeks since launch, Instagram Stories has reached 150 million daily users. That’s the same number of users that Snapchat’s whole app reportedly hit around June 2016, after seeing swift growth from 110 million daily users in December 2015, Bloomberg reported.

[...]

Social talent agent Charlie Buffin who represents some former Vine stars says one of his top creators was averaging 330,000 views per day on Snapchat in late 2015 until June 2016. But by December, they were receiving 205,000 to 250,000 views per day.

“It is clear to us that regular users’ Snapchat usage/engagement have gone down significantly since the release of Instagram Stories” writes Buffin. He also noted that “Snapchat removing the Auto-Advance feature has affected the natural ‘binge-watching experience’ for consumers, which is really cutting into views for creators.” But Snap Inc doesn’t seem to care. “Snapchat has always remained distant from its creator community, which is not a strong move for the company” Buffin concluded.

[Image: snapchat-unique-viewer-decrease.png?w=680&h=444]

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/30/attack-of-the-clone/

Its IPO is also not doing so well.

Quote:Quote:

It's another down day for Snap, the parent company behind messaging app Snapchat. The stock briefly fell below $19.00 per share and is down almost 4% today. The current price is just around $2 above its IPO price of $17.00.

Many analysts have a negative view of the stock, believing it will follow in the footsteps of tech companies like GoPro and Twitter that have struggled since going public rather than mirror the success story at Facebook.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/...1001846576

I'm noticing that the e-celebs I follow on Snapchat are crossposting to Instagram's Stories, meaning I don't need to open Snapchat as much. And Instagram also has the pictures and explore tab that Snapchat doesn't have. With Whatsapp also cloning Snapchat's signature feature, I think this will spell the end of Snapchat.

Messages In This Thread