rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities

Quote: (12-09-2016 02:39 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2016 01:50 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2016 11:19 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

I agree with you that teaching your children technology is the key to success, but what's that got to do with sending them to college?

Why do they "need" Stanford and the like? The skills from tech is what they need, the Great Books can and should come from the father himself or through internet research.

The internet is going to replace all liberal arts schools, it's just a matter of time anyways.

Early technology use will assist them on "learning how to work" in college or the real world. Book smarts are not always enough. Technology knowledge is a skill. You gotta have skills to make it in life. The workplace, competition wise, works mostly in the following hierachy: Experience, Skillsets, Credentials/Pedigree.

If your kids want to become a Mechanical Engineer, you have to send them to a university for that. You cannot homeschool that, or 2 year college that discipline. No one needs Stanford, I was just using that as an example of a high ranked school with smart people in it. It could be Rice, Carnegie Mellon, UT, Texas A&M, etc.

If Samseau Jr. with a ~4.0 GPA, after high school, wants to be a Petroleum Engineer, or a Biomedical Engineer, you would be crazy to not let him look at Baylor University or MIT, University of Texas, Texas A&M, or University of Houston for schools. Those particular ones can give him a bigger bang for the buck than just going to a regular university with just a regular Mechanical/Chemical program that has one or two electives at the 4-5th year for petroleum or medical. Or he has to get a plain ME then pray he gets into a Eastcoast school for Medical school. Also, the alumni from those particular schools would put his resume on the top of the pile, just because he went to xxx. People from these schools dominate these fields in the whole country. In many fields, it's who you know, not what you know. It's just the way it is.

So resign yourself to the rat race because there is no way out. I agree that engineering and heavy tech fields benefit from colleges, and that is a legitimate reason to send your kids (especially if they get a scholarship).

It's still an unsustainable zero-sum system that can only end in complete disaster, however.

Quote:Quote:

The internet isn't free and is becoming less free as time passes on. It's more likely people will be able to use online universities instead and that will grow. Still need to pay for it. Guys like you or me won't have a book for everything and even if we did, maybe people learn better in a structured classroom environment. Back and forth interaction with professors harken back to Ancient Greek times. That was a great way to learn then and now.

The internet is uncensorable with the right tools. I don't think the cat will ever be put back into the bag.

Your historical knowledge of universities is a bit lacking. The university system has gone through multiple collapses. After Rome, the university system collapsed and the thinkers like Augustine went to the monastery. And they taught for free.

Eventually the Medieval Schools became bloated, and the great thinkers went outside of the Monastic system and taught within private universities, and this became what we have today.

Now the universities are bloated dogmatic piles of trash, and people are moving to the internet. The internet is the future of knowledge because it is free.

We just need these public universities to drop these ridiculous tuition prices!

Prices cannot go down unless less people attend. The government must stop guaranteeing loans.

Problem is, even if many of us stop attending these schools in protest, all they will do is open up the already bloated, foreign student slots more. AtlantaMan in another thread said UCLA looks like Chinatown. Shit, that isn't the only one at all. Trust me, it could get even worse than it already is, and they will pay whatever the university asks for. East Asians alone have plenty money saved up for this stuff. They don't give a shit about the prices at all. That's one of the major problems. Can Trump fix that? I have no ideas for that.

Ideally this is fixable with proper government policy. But even if they don't fix it people will just migrate to the internet. The manosphere itself is mainly an intellectual movement suppressed out of the university.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread