rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities

Quote: (12-09-2016 02:58 PM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2016 02:39 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

If your kids want to become a Mechanical Engineer, you have to send them to a university for that. You cannot homeschool that, or 2 year college that discipline. No one needs Stanford, I was just using that as an example of a high ranked school with smart people in it. It could be Rice, Carnegie Mellon, UT, Texas A&M, etc.

When I was a teenager and still in military school, I was given the advice by one of my mom's friends (successful engineer): "If you go into engineering, go to an engineering school. If you go to a regular university, you will be stuck studying while everyone else is partying. At an engineering school, everyone is in the same boat and activities are structured around the heavy duty course load".

The man was 100% right. The funny thing is my college was 'old school'.. I had to take a number of credits in liberal arts. Most of the my liberal arts courses were old school as well (Western literature free of PC stupidity).

If I could do everything all over again, I would have gone to the Air Force or the Navy. Back then no university could have taught me what I needed for what I actually do for a living except for those two entities.

One possible problem would have been my crazy desire to want to fight and being athletic I would have eventually tried out to be some kind of spec ops guy. Some folks I know in the AF and Navy said, they would have likely sent me into a systems/cyber command type job and told me to shut up. Hehe.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Messages In This Thread