rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone else feel general dislike toward members of your own ethnic group?

Anyone else feel general dislike toward members of your own ethnic group?

I'm half Chinese. I hate how modern Asian societies ditch their own culture for fleeting success or the pursuit of western tastes.

Quote: (10-06-2016 11:35 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

I think the number 1 thing holding back many Asians is their strong loyalty to family. I see it all the time in China. Sometimes your rice farmer grandma DOESN'T know what's best for you. This isn't to be down on Asians, because many of them are breaking free of that mindset, but I see it every day. Dad believes bullshit passed onto him from grandad and so and so forth and you have a seemingly unbreakable chain of betatude strangling young Asian guys in a way that doesn't happen with Western dudes. This isn't something I hate about asian culture and I really have no business talking about asian problems, but it's just an observation of mine after a year and some change in China.

While this forum does speak a lot about family, sometimes it's worth noting that families can also be the epicenter of really stupid and caustic ideas.
Keep in mind that the modern Asian family is in many ways an emasculated version of its traditional self. In China it used to be that the men of the family aspired to earn glory or knowledge or wealth and pass it on through multiple sons. Now they struggle to get a job, apartment, and car so that they can pay the bride price for some immature, domineering, or entitled woman and have a single kid who will grow up to be just as if not more troublesome.

Unfortunately many Asians have the idea that tradition is holding them back when actually it's the ills of modern industrialized (re: communist, whether in essence or form) society.

I wish that Asians would read and learn from the classics rather than spend all their time studying for math and English tests. Chinese people often find that you don't actually need to know high-level calculus at work and that the "English" they learn in school is usually garbage.

Messages In This Thread