rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Aging Well

Aging Well

Now that I've gotten back into exercising I'm realizing how fast a body can just turn into shit after not having been taken care of for a year or two.

I used to be very athletic, and in pretty decent shape, but that turned to shit when I got into drinking, partying, and lounging around, and now I'm going back to living a semi-healthy life again.

After the initial few weeks when I got into a routine at the gym my body felt really weird. When my upper body muscles began developing and I went on a run I felt like I was supporting an extra mass I wasn't used to anymore. It was a pretty great feeling, because it reminded me of a time (only two years prior) when this would have been a totally normal feeling.

Which got me to realize, if we don't take care of our bodies as we age, and don't develop routines to maintain our bodies, we can easily turn into the slow moving old guys who just don't have the energy to get around.

This is an especially important thing to realize when you're in your early-to-mid twenties when a lot of you guys who used to be really active in high school and college go out into the "real world" where physical activity is not always at your doorstep and you have to make an effort to get out and stay active.

So, I'm realizing this now, luckily still relatively early in my life, that I need to work on all aspects of my life, all the time. The moment I start getting lazy atrophy quickly begins to work its magic.

We have to work on ourselves throughout our lives. We have to fight laziness. We need to constantly stay in the youthful frame of mind where we are always learning, and building. Constant growth and movement is the real key to a happy life.

Messages In This Thread