rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Multiple bombings across Thailand, 4 dead

Multiple bombings across Thailand, 4 dead

Crazy night... I was with my Thai girlfriend 30 minutes before in the same area before he bomb went off!! She lives right near it and wanted to go home and changed while I went to check out some bars. I was only 200 metres away when people started running like crazy down the street towards the beach. I went into the middle of the road and tried to film it but my camera is fucked on my phone so we went back to the bar and drank more cause we thought it was a bomb threat. I didn't hear the bomb go off cause of he music at a local bar. People were crying and in a panic, it was like being in a movie but I'll never forget the fear which I found exciting [Image: smile.gif] We stayed for another 30 minutes before all bars where shut down and we heard someone had died and someone with blood on their arm.

I only heard now that my Thai girlfriend that she knew the one person that was killed.

Hua Hin is in lockdown where we are told to stay at home where I'm about 5km out of Hua Hin. I've heard there has been about 4 bombs in Hua Hin in 24 hours, one at the clock tower, train station so i'm just going to chill in my room with my girl for no and drink some Red Label. [Image: smile.gif]

I think ill stay stay away from the tourist places for another week and stay home until things die down. Thailand has been hit hard...

My phone was at 80% before I went to bed but when i woke up it was flat from my mum ringing me.

What a rush!!! [Image: smile.gif] [Image: smile.gif] [Image: smile.gif]

Quote:Quote:

HUA HIN, PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN

(Thursday) 10.15pm "Double-tap" bomb explosions outside a neighbourhood bar killed one woman and wounded 21 people. The first one went off at a beer bar on a soi behind Ban Hua Hin Municipality School. The second was less than 1000m away, at Selakham intersection on Poonsuk Road.

9.10am Two explosions occured near the Hua Hin clock tower opposite Ban Hua Hin Municipality School. Moments later, a bomb exploded nearby. A woman died at a hospital and four men were injured.

10.00am: Explosive ordnance disposal officiers destroyed a third bomb found planted on a motorcycle parked in nearby Wat Hua Hin.

SURAT THANI

3.30am: A fire broke out at the Taveesin Plastic shophouse on Kanchanavithee Road. The damage was estimated at 10 million baht.

8.00am: A bomb exploded in front of the marine police office on Na Muang Road in the municipality. A female municipality worker died at a hospital and three bystanders were injured.

8.30am: A bomb went off in front of the main police station, 300 metres from the previous bombing. There were no injuries.

PHUKET

(Thursday) 7.00pm: Two suspected bombs were found in China Town and Sai 2 Roads in the Patong area. They were destroyed.

8.00am: A bomb went off in front of a police booth at the end of Walking Street Street on Thawiwong Road in tambon Patong, Kathu district. A motorcycle taxi driver was slightly injured.

8.00am: A device exploded in front of the Loma Park on the same road, but caused no injuries.

8.00am: A bomb exploded in front of the Coconut Village hotel. There were no injuries.

PHANGNGA

2.15am: A fire gutted a weekend market, a popular shopping venue among tourists, in Khao Lak

9.15am: A bomb exploded Ban Nang Niang village in tambon Khuek Khak. One vehicle was damaged.

9.15am: Two bombs went off in Khao Lak. No casualties were reported.

TRANG

(Thursday) 3.00pm: A bomb exploded at Centre Point market, killing one food vendor and injuring six.

4.00am: A fire burned down the local department store Lee Mart Super Ka Song, formerly Diamond Store. The store is in front of Trang train station on Satanee Road in the municipality, 1km from the previous bombing site. No one was injured but the entire three-storey building may be a write-off, with estimated damages of 100 million baht.

KRABI

In Krabi, a fire ravaged a shopping venue in front of Au Nang beach early Friday morning, damaging five shops. Damage was about 10 million baht.

CHUMPHON

8.00am: A bomb exploded near the governor's residence in Muang district.

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT

8.00am A fire broke out at a snack section inside a Tesco Lotus in Muang district, causing damage worth about 100,000 baht. There were no casualties

Late Friday morning, the US embassy issued a "security message for US citizens" on the bombings.

"Thai officials have identified no US citizens among the injured victims," it said.

US "travellers to the area should avoid the affected areas, review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security...hin-blasts

Messages In This Thread