rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online dating currently sucks. Here's why (and what to potentially do about it)

Online dating currently sucks. Here's why (and what to potentially do about it)

Quote: (07-23-2016 07:26 AM)griffinmill Wrote:  

There's a lot of gold in your post. I've been doing online since back in the days of Yahoo Chat. Yes, really.

Hey hey, if we want to talk about how OG we are, I was pulling chicks off AOL and AIM around 1999-2000...[Image: banana.gif]

It usually wasn't worth the effort though, as in those days there "were no girls on the Internets" and most messenger app chicks fit the stereotype of the 300 pound WoW girl gamer. There were a few diamonds in the rough, but it wasn't really necessary college because social circle, and particularly night game at clubs/raves once I turned 21 was so. fucking. easy.

I remember I met up with one sloot from AOL at a Type O Negative concert circa Halloween 1999. She ditched me at the end of the concert to go hang out with the band on their bus. It seems I lost my one chance to become eskimo brothers with Peter Steele. Oh well, in hindsight I can hardly blame her. [Image: sleepy.gif]

Quote:Quote:

I don't doubt Vincent pulls some hot chicks - but it's largely-location dependent. There are possibly some locations where you can pull high-quality women, but still, the ROI ain't what it used to be. Your main point is a salient one: social circle and/or daygame is the future.

Yeah, Vincent's posts seem to make me really want to visit the UK, and soon.

Quote: (07-23-2016 02:15 PM)Putin Closes Wrote:  

I'm personally still a huge fan of online game, especially as the nightlife venues keep shutting down. I would rate my average tinder bang hotter then the one's I've met via nightlife (as beer goggles tend for you to go +1) and I save a ton of money.

All the straight clubs I remember from ~15 years ago in Providence, Rhode Island are gone now. Pretty much every nightclub or bar has to be at the very least gay friendly if not outright gay to survive. I don't think it's an overstatement to say that social media has made Providence the gayest little city in the nation.

Boston's headed the same way. All the dive bars and dance clubs are being bought out, and turned into condos or upscale wine bars with organic appetizers and shit to appeal to couples and white collar professionals.

Messages In This Thread