rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Euro 2016

Euro 2016

Quote: (06-14-2016 08:44 AM)britchard Wrote:  

Hang on where is this idea that Belgium have a world class team coming from? As far as I'm concerned, they have 2 world class players (Hazard and Kompany). The other good players are Courtois, De Bruyne and Alderweireld.

A lot of the other players wouldn't even get in England's team, and that's saying something. Our full backs, strikers and midfielders (excluding Hazard/De Bruyne) are better.

Also got the pleasure of listening to the wonderful Italian national anthem, that would really get you pumped as a player!

The Belgian team apparently has the highest market value of all participating teams, that's where the assumption comes from.

But I agree with you, a lot of that value comes from Hazard, Benteke and Lukaku who are some of the most overvalued players in the world for me.

According to me:
world class players: Courtois, Kompany, De Bruyne
very good players: Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Witsel, Naingolan, Dembele, Carrasco, Hazard, Mignolet
decent players: Lombaerts, Mertens, Batshuayi
not good enough to ever win something: all the rest

Basically I think we are as strong (or stronger) than any team on the goalkeeper, center back, defensive midfield and number 10 positions.
Our strikers and wing backs suck, wingers are a mixed bag (and Wilmots refuses to use them) - England (and other teams) is indeed a lot stronger on those positions.

Messages In This Thread