rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is the Manosphere anti-Vegan?

Why is the Manosphere anti-Vegan?

Quote: (05-24-2016 03:02 AM)tanner Wrote:  

This thread seems to show how the whole point is being missed about animal and vegan issues. Like I said before I am a vegetarian for about 30 years now. It is the best decision I made. I power walk half a marathon once a week and go to the gym often. However the health reasons are minor. The main reason -75% - is ethics. We are destroying the planet at a rapid rate. The number one cause far above any other is meat production. The world needs to cut down on meat production immediately by about 80% minimum for its survival. We all have an ethical responsibility to future generations. The facts are quite clear. Instead of debating the facts here, one needs to watch the recently released documentary called Cowspiracy. It has had an enormous impact and vegan community has been exploding all around the world. Simply meat production is destroying the planet. You can argue against this all you want here. However, just watch Cowspiracy first. It is creating a huge change in the way people think.

Hence veganism is not really about health issues -- that is secondary. The primary is survival of the planet for future generations.

Why can't people against cows and mass beef production, do their part to help control deer populations across the US? Venison has no chemicals, hormones, and is much healthier than beef. Failure to keep their populations in check harms our local ecosystems.

What about the rampant wild hog issues? I don't know the numbers for other states, but they cause at least 50 million dollars in damage a year in Texas. Would a vegan eat meat for these causes? Wild hogs don't have chemicals, etc.

What about the underfishing of certain fish and other seafood? Overfishing has hurt many species in the past, but now there are underfishing concerns in certain parts.

If everyone started eating vegetables only, these populations, including wild wolves, mountain lions, and others would get out of control very quickly. Some species will lose and risk extinction.

The stark reality is that balance is key. Balance in diet and ecosystem. God tasked man with managing all the resources of the Earth. Extreme actions in avoidance of balance will negatively impact the earth. We are to be good stewards of the Earth and all of it's resources (animals).

Your primary goal is misguided if management of the planet is the goal. If you want to only eat vegetables for personal health reasons, that is your prerogative, but do not use the Earth's well being as an example to only eat vegetables. That argument will never hold up, because if anything you should be holding a rifle and helping out your local hunters maintain the ecosystem around you. If you do not want to eat the meat, donate it to a needy family.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Messages In This Thread