rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the second date dead?

Is the second date dead?

Quote: (01-13-2016 10:58 PM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

I learned this the hard way when I started dating again after getting divorced a couple years ago. Make-outs, hooking up, and then nothing. Then I had to learn it again a year or so later after getting out of another relationship.
So I automated. Every date at the exact same place, same booth (in a corner, for touching), 2 blocks from my place, 1 drink, and then I say "let's get out of here." Don't even say where we're going. All because I know their will be no second date.

10-11 years ago I was so clueless I didn't even know how to end a date, and I'd still get another shot.

Last month I got an easy # off Tinder from an Asian chick. A bit thick, not above a 6- but she seemed pleasant, sweet, and easy to deal with, and since I wasn't hard up with the rotation I decided on a little experiment given that I wasn't even sure I wanted to bang her.
Instead of my standard first date bang routine, I took her to a weird music thing. Presented it as a challenge, like "I don't know if you'll dig this."
She bit, ended up digging it, and even ponied up for her $30 ticket without me even saying anything. Afterwards we went for a drink, and I gave her a ride home (like 5 minutes). I didn't try to get into her place or even go for a kiss. It was a much more pleasant low pressure experience.

She texted me as I was getting home, and also over the holidays, and I'd say I could probably get her back out if/when I try. But I haven't.
I guess I'm just not attracted enough. It's easy to project ZFG in this kind of situation. And it's working. But I know if it was a chick I was really into it really wouldn't be like this.

If there's no 2nd date it'll probably be because of me, not her. Kinda shitty that I'm doing to her what cuter girls do to us.

Independently proven over and over again...

"The power in a relationship lies with whoever cares less"-Uncle Wayne

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread