rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miss Universe - Host crowns Colombia by mistake, Miss Philippines wins

Miss Universe - Host crowns Colombia by mistake, Miss Philippines wins

Quote: (12-22-2015 03:35 PM)The Wire Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2015 01:01 PM)heavy Wrote:  

Am I the only one who thought this might be a marketing gimmick?

Exactly what would they be trying to market?

This is a must read on a previous Miss USA pageant controversy from 2010. I think it applies the same.

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/05/d...s_usa.html

Quote:Quote:

You may be tempted to think that these scandals are blown up in the media in order to boost ratings for the pageant. Yet while everyone knows about the controversies, you can't find one person (other than me) who actually watched the pageant. The marketing has all failed, from Vanessa Williams to Carrie Prejean. Why would they think seeing half naked women in lingerie would entice me to want to watch them fully clothed? Whoops?

IIa.

"The photos seemed designed to generate controversy and buzz about the pageant, TODAY's Matt Lauer suggested to pageant president Paula Shugart. 'Yes, to some degree it's marketing,' Shugart admitted"

Wrongolongoria. The controversy isn't to get viewers to watch the Pageant, the controversy is to get viewers to watch the Today Show.

Shows don't operate on their own, they're soldiers in a standing army. Miss USA is run by the Miss Universe Organization, owned by Donald Trump and NBC Universal, which is co-owned by GE and Vivendi. That means the Miss USA pageant can be enjoyed as a loss leader for MSNBC, NBC, USA Network, Bravo, A&E, Hulu, Activision/Blizzard, and Universal Studios.

And rival media is free to capitalize on it if they want. Oh, is she Muslim? Then off to Fox News and Glen Beck and etc. You think CBS is talking about it because they want to boost NBC's ratings?

Messages In This Thread