rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I noticed the "Everything is Going Great in the World" Crowd has gotten a lot quieter

I noticed the "Everything is Going Great in the World" Crowd has gotten a lot quieter

Quote: (12-05-2015 09:28 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Quote: (12-02-2015 06:36 AM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

"If you don't like it, leave."

That's what I did and my happiness has been restored. Will I ever go back to the US?
- NO. The US doesn't come out ahead of Ukraine on anything that concerns me.
I now live here on a comfortable salary with a great job and am able to easily save 66% of my take home pay while being around the most beautiful feminine women in the world.

Everything is Going Great in My World

Write a data sheet. Break it down, I am curious about what all is involved in getting the needed work visas and permits to work in EU and Ukraine specifically. Can you get by with only knowing Russian language? How long did it take you to learn the language and game the local hot women? I cannot be the only person considering such a move, you've already done it, tell us about it.

I'm a teacher here and am treated very well since they value native speakers of English. The pay is just shy of a professional salary in Ukraine but I'm given an apartment to live in which I share with one roommate, the rent is around $110-$120 a month depending where the hryvnia is at. Because I don't have a car and my housing expense is subsidized by my school I am able to save most of my salary (paid in cash).

This job wasn't difficult to get and the authorities don't care so much about Visa's. In fact I just spoke to a Canadian teacher at our Thanksgiving party and he came on a tourist visa (90 days) 3 years ago. He overstayed the visa and never left for the entire 3 years before finally leaving and re-entering last month. All he had to do was pay an overstay fine (800 hryvnia) and they stamped his passport and let him back in, no problems. As long as you don't get into trouble with police here they don't give a shit about your visa because you're a well-to-do westerner teaching Ukrainians how to speak English.

If you're in the IT industry then it could be very difficult landing a job here because it is one of the only competitive industries in Ukraine. IT is one of the few industries that Ukrainians are flooding into because it actually pays very well if you can land a job. My teaching gig is very relaxed with lots of time off, my salary isn't amazing but because my expenses are so low it feels like I make a lot more. I could actually save much more but I've been on a spending spree re-working my wardrobe (just dropped $500 on a winter coat and boots).

I didn't speak but a few words of Russian before coming here. My school provides me with classes and I've also been using Pimsleur and other apps & resources to learn more. Learning Russian isn't like learning Spanish, French, Italian, etc.. It might as well be like Chinese or Japanese or Arabic for a westerner. The point is that learning Russian is a journey, at least for me, but I'm fine with it because I can do it at my own pace and I'm already settled here and not going anywhere. If I was more serious I could have learned far more by now but I got comfortable with where I'm at so I'm not so gun-ho about it. I don't need to game girls in Russian here in Kiev, although I do speak a little when I game because I know they like it. I'm planning to branch out to small towns next summer so I'll have to have better conversational skills by that time. Most girls speak partial English here and if you have a good rapport from the beginning girls will open up and try to speak English, rather than being shy and intimidated, feeling like a failure because they want to talk to you but think they will look stupid if they try. However if you don't live in Kiev Russian will become a necessity the smaller the city you stay in.

My buddy took me to a Russian Sauna last night and it was my first experience being naked around other dudes... and I couldn't have cared less. There's an RoK article about the importance of male only spaces and before last night I had no idea the implications of having such an environment to fall back on. We chilled and talked a lot about life and women at the sauna. I went in and out for 3 hours, sweating my ass off to the point of wanting to pass out, then jumping into the cold water pool, then relaxing on a chair with my balls hanging out. Slept like a fucking baby and this morning my head is clearer than it has ever been in years. Having the male only space and speaking my honest mind about anything and everything is something I never really experienced, even hanging out with friends back home. Fat ass hairy Ukrainians were naked everywhere and it didn't mean anything. Everyone was just chilling, getting back to being comfortable in their own skins, and getting rid of the stress of thinking about women, professional life, personal life, all the other bullshit. Literally stripping away all the layers of horseshit and sweating it out.

Happiness my friends... can't put a price on it.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Messages In This Thread