rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shoulder...impinged and impaired

Shoulder...impinged and impaired

I have the same issue, here are some things I do to manage it:

1) Massage balls - you can get these in sets of differing hardness, I use the hardest one, put it against the wall and lie on the ball and massage the area that gives you the most issues. I noticed using the computer (my mouse hand) aggrevates this alot so I end up doing this like 4-5 times maybe even more a day. As many times as you need to do sort it out.

2) Sports massages - Find yourself a decent physiotherapist that can release the muscle, they can do wonders.

3) Shoulder dislocations - Someone above already posted this excersize, increases mobility in the shoulder really nicely.

4) Skin the Cat - You can do this on a pull up bar, look it up and try get as deep as possible in this position, think of it as a nice stretch.

5) Handstands - This is advanced shit but I recommend you start taking up handstands, they work the small stabilization muscles in your shoulder which can help strengthen it overall and prevent future issues. This is a long term goal you should work at over time, start doing against the wall, learn a free standing hand stand, then learn to tidy up form (straight hips, pointed toes and good hand placement). Planche work also counts, so progressions such as frog stance (and variations of frog stance, notably used a lot in Yoga for poses), tuck, advanced tuck etc...

6) Deload/rest week every 4/5 weeks or at the end of whatever training cycle you do. If you hammer your shoulder with bench week in week out something will give and you will end up having to stop for like 1-2 months like has happened to me before.

It will likely never go away, I've had this issue since dislocating my shoulder 2 years ago and I constantly work at it. Doing the above helps keep my shoulder healthy though so I don't have to take long recovery breaks cause ive fucked it up something bad.

Messages In This Thread