rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Trip To Bangkok July 2015

My Trip To Bangkok July 2015

Quote: (07-24-2015 03:35 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2015 10:21 PM)Armogan Wrote:  

Conclusion
Everyone bows at you in Thailand, is super respectful, and speak english its amazing.

Come on...

I hate to rain on the parade, guys, and I honestly tried to just bite my tongue on this, but no one takes issue with these statements at all?

It sounds like you had a blast and killed it. Great. And you obviously earned the respect of a lot of guys here too.

But surely, even though you were only here for 10 or so days (or however long), you know that this sentence is far, far from the complete picture...right?

I can only speak from my experiences during my short trip to Thailand. Perhaps, you have different views and opinions.

Based on my observations:

1. When I entered a restaurant, bar, 7 11, store, etc., everyone bowed to me and said "kha". Not because I was walking around like King George V, but as a greeting. I concluded that the majority of Thai people are quite respectful; naturally, I bowed back.

2. No one treated me with disrespect or was rude to me except the dickhead taxi drivers that constantly tried to scam me.

3. Every Thai person I met could speak English, except for the taxi drivers. I actually suspect most knew what I was saying but pretended to not, in order to take the long way. This is unlike many other Asian countries that I have visited.

These are things I valued during my trip to Thailand, and in no way were they meant as disrepect. Don't take those statements the wrong way. I wish American people were more like Thai.

Messages In This Thread