rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bruce Jenner: "Call me Caitlyn"

Bruce Jenner: "Call me Caitlyn"

Quote: (06-01-2015 01:22 PM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

The one thing I have noticed about the transgender debate/issue/question, etc, is quite possibly one of my favorite left wing hypocrisy - embracing "traditional" femininity - but only for trans women.

Bruce Jenner doesn't just want to be a woman, he wants to be a pretty girl. He got his hair all done up, wore a pretty swimsuit and is on the cover of a fashion magazine - and everyone approves. He wants to wear makeup and dresses - all markers of traditional femininity - and that's all good with liberals.

Feminists usually rally against "traditional beauty standards" - makeup, fashion, slender figures, deeming them oppressive. But when a man becomes a woman - he doesn't become a neon haired SJW fat acceptance Lindy West freak - he wants to become a pretty girl.

We are now living in an age where men are better at being women than some women

If anything you would think feminists would be against people like this given their sustained efforts to erase distinctions between genders for the last few decades and declare everything equal. A major belief in their agenda is that the majority of gender roles are culturally ingrained but yet "inter-sectional" feminists who are gung-ho about trannies constantly cite scientific studies that the brains of trannies have a similar structure to those of the sex they claim to be. These trannies as you pointed out make even MORE effort to act like stereotypical women which implies that there is indeed a hardwired component of gender behavior.

So which is it? Either you have to disavow trannies to hold on to the belief that differences in stereotypical behavior between sexes are cultural and not wired in to the brain or you have to admit that there is indeed differences between men and women that go beyond just physical traits. I've yet to see a feminist that has been able to resolve this dilemma. Instead they just act and think inconsistently in the way you described in your post.

Just another example of the inconsistencies in third wave feminism which I spoke about in an old post http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-46101-...#pid985045

Messages In This Thread