rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are the wealthy to blame?

Are the wealthy to blame?

Quote: (10-02-2011 09:13 PM)All or Nothing Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2011 08:17 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

I think it's a much more complicated answer than that.

I don't blame the wealthy, I (in part) blame those in power (that includes the higher ups in banking, pharmaceuticals, etc. Movers, shakers, people with influence). The two aren't always mutually inclusive. Wealth is also a very broad term. The lower class might consider someone who makes $250k a year wealthy (they aren't), while the middle and upper class would consider it the minority earning over $1M/yr. Earning $1M a year isn't what it used to be.

Reality: The average person is a moron who doesn't understand how the world works (but thinks they do).

Hmm, is it the "shakers and movers" that are the entire problem? Hasn't the U.S. placed regulations and taxes upon some of these people that would hurt them rather than help them?

Quote: (10-02-2011 08:50 PM)Brian Wrote:  

its a lot more complicated then just the wealthy. i place most of the blame on the whores running the country who are more concerned w/staying in power and buying votes then doing what is in the best interest of the country. the more free shit you promise (and deliver) the happier everyone is, at least until the bill comes due - ask the Greeks how thats working out right now.

I see this as a problem too. I think I heard this recently that Congressmen spend more time raising money and campaigning than actually doing their job. With their short terms, they tend to make short term decisions in order to stay in office over long term decisions that would benefit the general public.

Also, I think another part of the problem is that the U.S. peaked as a country ~40 years ago. It seems that this is the natural decline of the U.S. It seems like an inherent part of human nature almost. Rome faced this same problem. At one point it peaked and then afterwards it slowly declined into nothingness.

Maybe, this is just human nature. People have become complacent in the face of the general 'ease' of their life. A lack of hustle has deprived people of their desire to fight or die.

I know some powerful people who were in or still are in the Federal Reserve. They're basically untouchable... it's unbelievable how they came to be and the amount of power they wield.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Messages In This Thread