rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Next Adventure of Ali-B

Alright. Less than a month to go before I start another Rock Star Party Tour. And no, don't ask, tickets are already sold out. jajaja.

So here is my "grand scheme tentative always subject to change to unforseen epic failure" schedule:

1st stop: (censored) (3 days)

2nd stop: Dubai (2 weeks)

3rd stop: Return to work (2 weeks, + or -)

4th stop: U.S. (< 1 week)

5th stop:.....No idea yet. I've narrowed it down to 3 potentials, but they are at different corners of the globe, so hitting them all is not going to happen.

The theme of this trip is "find a job". The 3 destinations I'm thinking are:

China: Go to Shanghai and learn Mandarin, Sanda, and hangout around expats until a job is secured. May utilize YMG on this one.

Brazil: Head straight to Belo Horizonte, teach English part time, until something comes up in the energy sector. Immerse in Portuguese.

Georgia: Go kung fu on Russian, teach English on a voluntary basis to pass time, and concentrate on my own education. 3 month minimum stay.

Of course I'll be smashing pussy in any of the 3, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The Dubai trip is strictly a working holiday. Hang out and pester expats until something comes up.

I'm open to suggestions though. Need to start making plans now. Thanks gents.

Do you have to go back to work for two weeks? Why not just go straight to Thailand?

Come to Brazil, specially if you are blond. There are some real beauties in Minas Gerais state

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (01-29-2012 08:56 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Do you have to go back to work for two weeks? Why not just go straight to Thailand?

Been to Thailand twice. Fun for a visit but not to get the networking I need. I did cross paths with some saturation divers in Phuket,as well as a well connected cat that that dealt with the rich and famous. Too hit and miss.

Quote: (01-29-2012 10:45 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Come to Brazil, specially if you are blond. There are some real beauties in Minas Gerais state

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8956.h...light=belo

I picked BH from the info on this thread. Was hoping to pick the Brazilian players' brains on the optimum location. There are American companies located in Sao Paulo, Curbita, Ponta Grossa, and I believe Rio. My target is mainly the energy sector. Any ancillary companies would do as well.

I will not lie, São Paulo is by far the best (corporate)job market in the country.
Thats the only reason Why I still live here seriously.

But since you are targeting the energy sector , wouldn't hurt to do some research in the cities you mentioned. It's definetely a good time to work in the energy sector here.

Sardino's datasheet seems pretty accurate, I have family in BH and I like Minas , I'm planning to go there ASAP.

The South of Brazil is another good option to look at it.

^^^ Maybe it would be better to base out of Sao Paulo and make recon trips to Curibita/Ponta Grossa and BH.

Sao Paulo------> Belo Horizonte =582 km
Sao Paulo------> Curitiba = 407 km

This would increase operational costs, but will let me explore a little more of the country. I think the language barrier is going to be a killer, especially in BH. Fuck.

Do girls down in Brazil really like tall blond hair blue-eyed guys that much? [Image: huh.gif]

***side notes- Australia still in the running for employment, but I haven't found anything online for Americans yet. It's just too far and too expensive to just show up and hope for the best.

I'm thinking out loud so anyone feel free to chime in. I've got a lot of data to crunch and decisions to make soon. [Image: confused.gif]

From all I've gathered the red tape to work in Brazil as an alien is unbearable. The Economist has an article in like every second number on how Brazil is .50 cal:ing itself in the foot constantly with its protectionistic labor laws.

Quote: (01-30-2012 11:07 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

^^^ Maybe it would be better to base out of Sao Paulo and make recon trips to Curibita/Ponta Grossa and BH.

Sao Paulo------> Belo Horizonte =582 km
Sao Paulo------> Curitiba = 407 km

This would increase operational costs, but will let me explore a little more of the country. I think the language barrier is going to be a killer, especially in BH. Fuck.

Do girls down in Brazil really like tall blond hair blue-eyed guys that much? [Image: huh.gif]

***side notes- Australia still in the running for employment, but I haven't found anything online for Americans yet. It's just too far and too expensive to just show up and hope for the best.

I'm thinking out loud so anyone feel free to chime in. I've got a lot of data to crunch and decisions to make soon. [Image: confused.gif]

Yeah Ali, better hurry up with your portuguese Bro.

It's almost mandatory for good jobs and good girls. You can do it without it but it will be harder

It will improve your odds dramatically.

For a guy who has military background like you , I believe that it will not be hard to lean portuguese if you put your mind to it.

About the South - Think of Gisele Bundchen . There's plenty of men and women there with the Tall & Blonde look.

So it will not have the same impact as in Nordeste , but the girls are gorgeous and as an american you will be different from the locals , It's worth a visit at least ( To Porto Alegre , Floripa)

Hey, this girl is my friend , I worked with her here in São Paulo. She left everything behind after she met this American Soldier and right now is living with him in the US.. she's not that hot , but you get my point.

Bring up your military record casualy when opening chicks...after she starts to dream about those holywood movies ...game over dude !

[Image: attachment.jpg4405]   

That pic is in the Southern US....It probably looks exactly like the area Ali's trying to avoid.

Quote: (01-30-2012 11:39 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

That pic is in the Southern US....It probably looks exactly like the area Ali's trying to avoid.

That photo was taken in Ft. Stewart (Savannah, GA). [Image: wink.gif]

Hehe just don't do what this guy did. Don't do LTR , and don't bring chicks to America.

Quote: (01-30-2012 11:29 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

From all I've gathered the red tape to work in Brazil as an alien is unbearable. The Economist has an article in like every second number on how Brazil is .50 cal:ing itself in the foot constantly with its protectionistic labor laws.

Yes, and this sucks. I'll find a way somehow.
Quote: (01-30-2012 12:09 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Hehe just don't do what this guy did. Don't do LTR , and don't bring chicks to America.

Oh Noes!!!! No baggage for me.

There's no way I'm going to have time to pickup any Portuguese in the next two months. I have basic Spanish which may help speed up the learning process.

Another problem is gaming women. From what I've read on the forum caveman game is the way to go in Brazil. This is the exact opposite of how I swoop wimminz. I see me opening sets and getting Deebow'd out every time by a local dude. Just thought of this. Getting laid could be epic fail on my part.

Quote: (01-30-2012 12:41 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Another problem is gaming women. From what I've read on the forum caveman game is the way to go in Brazil. This is the exact opposite of how I swoop wimminz. I see me opening sets and getting Deebow'd out every time by a local dude. Just thought of this. Getting laid could be epic fail on my part.

Venue selection will play big for you, Ali. Invest a while looking for places to swoop that maximize your form of approach. The club scene might not work for you.

(Hell, so many players here heading to SP. We could make a mini-rooshv forum meetup when I head back south [Image: sleepy.gif])

Why do I feel like right about now a certain banned forum member would jump in and tell you what's up? Right about now. I'm sure.

Quote: (01-30-2012 01:23 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2012 12:41 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Venue selection will play big for you, Ali. Invest a while looking for places to swoop that maximize your form of approach. The club scene might not work for you.

(Hell, so many players here heading to SP. We could make a mini-rooshv forum meetup when I head back south [Image: sleepy.gif])

Not a big fan of clubs anyway. Too loud and too many people. They do seem to be the main pickup venue in Brazilian culture though. Brazil is starting to look less appealing. Hmmmm.

Now for the next step. What is the cost of living in Sao Paulo? Here's some guidelines:

Furnished apartment (small) - Close to where I can network.
Cell phone
Going out 3-4 times per week
Cooking the majority of meals-I want to learn the cuisine while there.
Public transportation on a daily basis including recon trips to BH and Curibita
Gym membership

I'm not looking to live extravagant, but enjoy my time. $2500 per month would be ideal.

Thanks so far for the responses. Ya'll have been a big help.

Hey Ali,

I just moved to Sao Paulo this week. It is EXPENSIVE. I expected it to be fairly expensive for Latin America, but it has exceeded my expectations. We're talking prices comparable to NYC and London.

I'm sharing an apartment with a Brazilian guy and my rent is a little more than $1100US per month. It's in a prime location and is a nice and big place though.

Cell phone is a pain in the ass to get here due to needing a Brazilian CPF. But generally same cost as anywhere else. I bought an unlocked phone for $150 or so.

Groceries, booze, public transport are similar to any other large city.

Gym membership is also pricey. I visited a shitty small gym that wanted about $35 a month. I went with my roommate to a very nice big gym today and will probably be joining it. Membership is about $100 per month.

Eating out is expensive as well. Expect to pay $10-20 per meal at most places. $30+ if it's a nice restaurant.

I'm also taking private Portuguese lessons, which are not fucking cheap. About $35 a hour.

^^^ WOW. That takes some of the fun out of it. What do you think your weekly operating costs are going to be, if you don't mind me asking?

I found a website that had a lot of apartments that ran around $1500, month to month. Problem is I have no idea what part of Sao Paulo I need to be looking in. [Image: huh.gif]

Entropy, I'll PM you on the language classes.

Not counting Portuguese classes, I'm guessing $3k a month.

You want to live in either Vila Madalena or in Jardim Paulista near Paulista Ave.

Perdizes, Vila Mariana , Moema , Higienópolis are also good neighborhoods.

I'm having to split 6 days off my Dubai trip to head to Deutschland. Going to visit a friend and talk biz. He's an oracle when it comes to networking for overseas jobs, and has his town on lockdown. Should be an interesting trip, and cheaper than Dubai. 9 days in the UAE should still give me enough time to roust up a few potential, and not break the bank in the process.

Unfortunately a job in Germany fell through. I got my hopes up for that one big time. The pay was a fraction of what I make now, but would have been worth getting a 1 year run in Europe. The next potential job on the radar is in N. Africa. We'll see. Until then, the hunt continues. My current work situation is looking about as good as a fat girl's asshole. I'm looking at a potential $50K pay cut. Already lost $20K off the top already. Fek.

P.S. Georgia. Fucking Georgia. It offers nothing in the way of employment, but I'll be SUPER social proofed there. I can't explain it on a public forum, but trust me. Minor league rockstar status. With a little work, girls may even be waiting at the aeropuerto. Shit, I might even get a free pad out of the deal.

The responsible Ali-B ---> [Image: angel.gif] is telling me to go somewhere and work, and not wreck the savings. And then there's that other motherfucker ----->[Image: icon_evil.gif] He's the Ali-B telling me to tear into the Caucuses with reckless abandon, and leave no panties unturned. Hmmmm.

Damn. That other motherfucker----->[Image: icon_evil.gif] always seems to win too.

Dude I just found out that Tampa has direct flights to the UK. If you want to meet there let me know for a few days.

I know of several good watering holes gentlemen of our calibre could frequent [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]