rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What a difference a suit makes.

So recently I been wearing my suit from work home and wearing it on days when I don't have work just because it is simpler to just dry clean all my clothes than to dry clean some and wash the others.

Boy o boy have I noticed a difference in the woman who check me out. Simply put I get much more attention from better quality girls, I get much more inviting body language and eye contact and even compliments on my look.

Its not like I dress like a slob normally, its normally, a dress shirt and jeans which is way more formal than most other guys in this city. But if women like bad boys, then why am I getting so much attention in a suit and tie?

Suits are considered sexy because they look good

This should have gone in the G Manifesto Vindicated thread.

Women love confident Alphas. Badboys are by and large alpha. Wearing a suit makes people more likely to rate you as confident and assertive which are also alpha traits (I think Heartiste posted a study about it).

Well I had no idea of this. Can't remember any player I've seen in a suit. Most of them have that new wave hipster feel to them

Quote: (01-29-2012 12:10 AM)misterstir Wrote:  

Well I had no idea of this. Can't remember any player I've seen in a suit.

Whaaa?? Where abouts do you live dude?

Also: http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Toronto, the typical player I seen is something between a gangster for the non white guys and kinda of a hipster for a white guy (not gino but mystery type)

Quote: (01-29-2012 12:24 AM)misterstir Wrote:  

Toronto, the typical player I seen is something between a gangster for the non white guys and kinda of a hipster for a white guy (not gino but mystery type)

Weird. Players are suits aren't as common as they probably used to be, but they still exist. Hell turn on your TV and watch Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother.

Suit simply conveys power, status or money, and looks damn good. Simple as that.

Quote: (01-29-2012 12:38 AM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Suit simply conveys power, status or money, and looks damn good. Simple as that.

Women don't care about all that. I can attract the same quality of girl wearing chaps polo and jeans.

LMAO!

Just kidding.

@pdog, what about 2 and a half men, most shows and famous people I think of who can get lots of pussy fall into the justin timberlake or justin bieber type look, def not a suit. When I think of all those cnn news guys in suits, I see guys who look like they ain't getting much pussy, but the difference is just so noticeable.

After Mixx posted his thread about fashion I decided to fix my wardrobe, too. I am now going out for over a week dressed as what would probably be "business casual" (e.g. nice pants, nice shoes, shirt, no tie, coat.). Anyway, I've also been working out hard since November. The result is that not only do I feel better, I also for the first time feel "hot". Girls are checking me out, just like OP said. When I open sets they fly open. It's like I used to knock at doors before, now I'm using C4.

I guess the reason is that if you look like you can take care of yourself (physique, wardrobe), you can also take care of them.

Quote: (01-29-2012 12:57 AM)misterstir Wrote:  

@pdog, what about 2 and a half men, most shows and famous people I think of who can get lots of pussy fall into the justin timberlake or justin bieber type look, def not a suit. When I think of all those cnn news guys in suits, I see guys who look like they ain't getting much pussy, but the difference is just so noticeable.

I'm talking about the average man, not celebs. But checkout George Clooney, Leo and Robert Downey Jr off the top of my head. They all dress well.

There is a conscious decision my media to attack the Masculine Male.

That is why they keep on shoving down these non-suit wearing fairys down our throats (so to speak).

When was the last time you really saw a legit International Playboy in a movie?

This was the last time I saw it:

Finally a G (International Playboy) in a Modern Movie http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/10/fin...movie.html

Quote: (01-29-2012 02:33 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

There is a conscious decision my media to attack the Masculine Male.

That is why they keep on shoving down these non-suit wearing fairys down our throats (so to speak).

When was the last time you really saw a legit International Playboy in a movie?

This was the last time I saw it:

Finally a G (International Playboy) in a Modern Movie http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/10/fin...movie.html
What if I dress like this
[Image: black_dynamite_ver8.jpg]
Its kinda suit but not really

Improving your style is one of the best and the quickest ways to generate more attraction from chicks.

Once you learn about style and look around you realize why-the vast majority of American guys dress like slobs

So, you immediately and dramatically set yourself apart from the common herd.

When chicks see a guy who dresses well, they automatically think he's on the ball, is interesting, and has an attractive lifestyle.

When I upgraded my style, the IOI's I got went up tremendously.

When you upgrade your fitness as well, the effect is synergistic and you will be shocked at the results

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Clothes maketh the Man!!!!

Its all about creating illusions. Suits convey power, higher status and that you give a shit about yourself.

I`m a humble working class guy - but i do dress well and make sure i wear decent cologne and maintain a well styled hair cut. Women absolutely love a man who takes care of themselves and has pride in the way he looks. Match this up with a bad boyish attitude and watch the IOI skyrocket. Try it out!

The difference this has made in my IOI`s is unbelievable compared to my scruffy long haired days.
A well fitted quality suit and leather shoes are a must in a players wardrobe.
Esp if you are over 30`s IMHO.

^@ 2 posters above,
well the thing is that I'm early 20s. I wouldn't consider someone who dresses like justin timberlake to be a slob. I can see why being over 30 a suit would be important, but where I am in (Canada) most jobs that require one to wear a suit does not necessarily have anything to do with pay. I know bank tellers making minimum wage, or assistant bank manager making 30k, whereas in the same town a construction worker makes double and a crane operator makes triple. Women would be awful stupid to think what you guys are telling me, especially in my town. As scotian verified, a plumber in his 20s can make 200-300k in Canada in the same place where most lawyers outside of a few top elite firms would need to have 10 years experience to get to that on average. To make a long story short, most people in suits in Canada are probably making less money than people not in suits.

I love the way you look at things Gman... [Image: smile.gif]

To poster talking about being in early 20s, I used to wear sport jacket w/jeans & shoes when I first started all this. Guess how old I was? 19, hahaha. Had an all white blazer and a black/sliver pinstripe blazer. Nowadays, I don't wear a suit since...
A. I'm abit of a wild guy so having good cloth will be abit of a waste. I've torn all my jeans, my cheap shoes get abused and my belt has become an art project.
B. Many of my friends already have the suit look which is KILLER and in order for me to ever rock an occasional full blown suit I'd want it to be one of those bespoke tailored suits.
C. Sort of have what people call a "hipster" look. As this music artist chick pointed out as she stated she loved my look. The foundation is abit conservative but when you see my jeans, boots/shoes, belt, and hair its obvious that I'm wild/edgy.

Keep in mind I maintain this look whether its a warehouse party or a high end lounge.

All my friends who rock atleast a blazer, when we roll together waitresses always ask "What's going on with you guys tonight?" Mistakenly we once walked into a venue that we didn't know had a gay night and we got attention ha!

As much as I'm discovering the thrill of suit game, I still love to roll out in a pair of Euro designer casual wear. Stuff fits perfectly and looks damn good.

[Image: 261202_10150686344785389_234407620388_19...1625_n.jpg]

I think what some people are missing on this thread is the adage "Contrast is king" popularized by Roissy/the chateau. If you are 6ft and look like a greek god, you could pull hotties dressing up in a t and jeans. I am 5'6'' Indian guy and I definitely make heads turn when I dress up in a pimp suit like Ari Gold. People are used to seeing guys from India dress up in khakis and be socially awkward. So when you work against that stereotype it ramps attraction that much faster, my 2 cents.

Don't like the tossers that always go to a nightclub in a suit, one in a while it's good, but if you look good, you look good in anything.

Quote: (01-31-2012 10:53 AM)Swagger Wrote:  

I think what some people are missing on this thread is the adage "Contrast is king" popularized by Roissy/the chateau. If you are 6ft and look like a greek god, you could pull hotties dressing up in a t and jeans. I am 5'6'' Indian guy and I definitely make heads turn when I dress up in a pimp suit like Ari Gold. People are used to seeing guys from India dress up in khakis and be socially awkward. So when you work against that stereotype it ramps attraction that much faster, my 2 cents.

I agree with this. Good observations. Welcome to the board.

Do you gentlemen think it's more effective to go direct when you're wearing a suit?

Team Nachos

Quote: (11-15-2012 10:49 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Do you gentlemen think it's more effective to go direct when you're wearing a suit?

Tough question. Depends on the kinds of interest you're getting from the girl pre approach.

If its heavy interest, not much you need to say. Go Direct. Actually the less you say the better. Leave something to be desired, like whats under the suit.

If its cold approach, indirect. Warm her enough and you'll get a compliment about the suit. If she's american you'll get a shit test.

DO DO DO ramp up the sexual innuendos and double entendres. I've found you can get away with almost anything when wearing a suit and a smirk...

Quote: (01-29-2012 12:10 AM)misterstir Wrote:  

Well I had no idea of this. Can't remember any player I've seen in a suit.

Then you havent seen a player.