rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Earth Clinic - my favorite health site

http://www.earthclinic.com

I got the idea for using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide off this site. It features user reviews on using natural remedies for a ton of common ailments. Right now I'm drinking a cup of warm cayenne pepper tea to deal with a sore throat I'm having.

The natural remedies work most of the time for me. For those without health insurance, it's a godsend. Also great for annoying problems that don't really need immediate medical attention.

Quote: (01-28-2012 03:44 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I got the idea for using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide off this site. It features user reviews on using natural remedies for a ton of common ailments. Right now I'm drinking a cup of warm cayenne pepper tea to deal with a sore throat I'm having.

The natural remedies work most of the time for me. For those without health insurance, it's a godsend. Also great for annoying problems that don't really need immediate medical attention.

I hear the term "natural remedies' and my bullshit detector goes into overdrive. This is probably a knee jerk reaction to the endless amount of crap out there, but I've decided to give a remedy that comes highly recommended off the site a try.

Because quite frankly, I have nothing left to loose.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Quote: (01-28-2012 05:35 PM)Wizard Wrote:  

I hear the term "natural remedies' and my bullshit detector goes into overdrive. This is probably a knee jerk reaction to the endless amount of crap out there, but I've decided to give a remedy that comes highly recommended off the site a try.

Most Americans are skeptical of anything deemed natural or organic, to them they think it's all a bunch of B.S. or a scam. Those very same people will blindly pop whatever pill their doctor gives them, or not stop to think what's in their food, where it came from, and how it got there....

Natural things are how nature intended it, it's only been in the past 80 or so years that we've gotten all these synthetic chemicals and whatnot.

When you go the doctor, make sure you tell him about any "natural remedies" you're ingesting. They can interact with certain drugs or cause other symptoms sometimes, but people don't think to mention them because in their mind if it's "natural" and not a pill or a shot, then it can't be doing any harm. The reality is that all drugs have side effects, whether they come from nature or they're made in a lab. I had a patient once who got prescribed blood thinners and neglected to mention that she was taking ginseng herbal supplements. It reduced the blood thinners' effectiveness and put her at risk of getting a clot.

On a related note, capsaicin (the active ingredient in cayenne pepper) can impair blood clotting, so be careful about using it with things like aspirin/ibuprofen/Aleve which can also thin your blood and put you at risk of bruising or bleeding.

Quote: (01-28-2012 08:15 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Most Americans are skeptical of anything deemed natural or organic, to them they think it's all a bunch of B.S. or a scam. Those very same people will blindly pop whatever pill their doctor gives them, or not stop to think what's in their food, where it came from, and how it got there....

Natural things are how nature intended it, it's only been in the past 80 or so years that we've gotten all these synthetic chemicals and whatnot.

Hemlock and arsenic are perfectly natural substances that will kill you faster than almost any synthetic compound. Just saying.

Most alternative medicine stays alternative because no one is able to prove that it works as well as currently-indicated medical therapies. There's usually not much harm in using herbal remedies (most of them probably don't have much physiological effect one way or another), but if they were truly effective then in all likelihood somebody would have done a study to show it and doctors would already be prescribing it (case in point, topical capsaicin is pretty good at reducing pain but it's not the drug of choice because studies have shown that some people have paradoxical reactions where it can actually make the pain worse).

Great site. It covers everything.

[Image: attachment.jpg4326]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I hear the term "natural remedies' and my bullshit detector goes into overdrive.

they think it's all a bunch of B.S. or a scam. Those very same people will blindly pop whatever pill their doctor gives them,

You already know OG,

It goes back to "information control".

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9899.html

Part of my skepticism towards natural health stuff is the lack of scientific testing of the product, however my skepticism is usually directed as to some miracle pills that are supposed to make you stop aging while getting a bigger dick and curing all other problems you have. When it comes to stuff for skin, or a supplement of something that I already ingest I'm less skeptical about it workings because id be consuming it anyways.

My mom has "natural health" magazines and most of them are just advertisements for snake-oil type things that claim to cure something, these advertisements are also interspersed with articles about how "big pharma" is shoving untested "chemicals" (another word which gets a knee jerk reaction from people) down your throat for profits. Which is the exact purpose of the magazine and its advertisements, so shove some kind of "natural" remedy down your throat. Not saying you should go out and pound down whatever your doctor tells you to, just do some research before you take anything many doctors have a paid adgenda to push pills too.

YES I love this. Check out the testimonials for cold showers.

Roosh, another thing you can do to help that sore throat is dissolve salt into hot water and gargle it as long as you can stand it. Also using apple cider vinegar. Hope it clears up.

Quote: (01-29-2012 04:26 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Roosh, another thing you can do to help that sore throat is dissolve salt into hot water and gargle it as long as you can stand it. Also using apple cider vinegar. Hope it clears up.

My grandma used to make me do this for sore throats, works really well, its fucking terrible in the moment though.

She's mix equal parts warm water and white vinegar, then add in a few tablespoons of salt and stir till dissolved, then you gargle it as long as you can. It sucks out loud but your throat almost instantly feels better.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (01-29-2012 04:26 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Yeah, salt water and warm water is a great move.

Quote: (01-28-2012 08:31 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Hemlock and arsenic are perfectly natural substances that will kill you faster than almost any synthetic compound. Just saying.

Most alternative medicine stays alternative because no one is able to prove that it works as well as currently-indicated medical therapies. There's usually not much harm in using herbal remedies (most of them probably don't have much physiological effect one way or another), but if they were truly effective then in all likelihood somebody would have done a study to show it and doctors would already be prescribing it (case in point, topical capsaicin is pretty good at reducing pain but it's not the drug of choice because studies have shown that some people have paradoxical reactions where it can actually make the pain worse).

It has nothing to do with whether the medicine is effective or not. Health is big money in America. Whether a drug becomes available to be prescribed depends on whether the right money has passed into the appropriate paws.
A doctor gets repeat business from a continuously sickly patient.

Why do you think you have so many fat Americans? People say, it's because Americans don't exercise and live in a culture of convenience..that's only a tiny portion of it.

It's the shytty food. The preservatives that you get in the food over here is unbelievable. They are designed to keep people ill, fat and with other ailments so they have to pay money to get these 'approved' drugs that will keep them fit.
Repeat business, the same reason a lot of products made in America are only designed to work for a few years and then the consumers have to purchase another one.

The American health industry would go under if they had healthy Americans.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

There are reeasons on this. When Natural tests are broguht foward they mess around with alot of things and try to match up with synthetics. If you don;t get the dosages right and the adminstration right of it it will throw results off.

Synthetics by and large are designed to mimic some type of natural remedy ussually. Tests are heavily skewed to favour synthetics. This is why Natural remedys have a hard time getting approval. If you go into read any natural product and the discliamer it has to put on by the Governemnt you would be convinced the stuff would kill you. lol On the flip side any synthetic stuff will have a booklet on side effects that would actually kill you.

Preventive and Natural medicine IMO is they key to great health. Living a healthy lifestyle then using natural means to fix the little things that may come up from time to time.

Thanks for the link. I have not seen this site so happy for another resource to use.

Quote: (01-29-2012 11:53 PM)Moma Wrote:  

It has nothing to do with whether the medicine is effective or not. Health is big money in America. Whether a drug becomes available to be prescribed depends on whether the right money has passed into the appropriate paws.
A doctor gets repeat business from a continuously sickly patient.

Why do you think you have so many fat Americans? People say, it's because Americans don't exercise and live in a culture of convenience..that's only a tiny portion of it.

It's the shytty food. The preservatives that you get in the food over here is unbelievable. They are designed to keep people ill, fat and with other ailments so they have to pay money to get these 'approved' drugs that will keep them fit.
Repeat business, the same reason a lot of products made in America are only designed to work for a few years and then the consumers have to purchase another one.

The American health industry would go under if they had healthy Americans.

Exactly. You need sick people to have a health industry.

I could almost bet that nations which have some of the healthiest citizens (this is hard to measure, and what do you really describe as healthy) probably spend dimes on health care compared to America and other fat western nations.

I love how Hydrogen Peroxide is listed as a natural remedy... even though its entirely synthetic. Can someone point me to the Peroxide tree please?

Quote: (01-30-2012 09:00 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  

I love how Hydrogen Peroxide is listed as a natural remedy... even though its entirely synthetic. Can someone point me to the Peroxide tree please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_pe...l_function

it is found in biological organisms, but isnt harvested from them.

Wow! Aren't you just so much better than the rest of us?

Not really.

Add some water to honey, and you have peroxide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey#Hydrogen_peroxide

Don't be so smug.

Manuka honey is one of the best treatments for MRSA.

You can go to PubMed. Search honey and dandruff.

Search coconut oil and dandruff.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

Fish oil was a natural remedy until recently.

It's cool to act superior and say "natural remedies" are bunk, repeating something you learned in Biology 101.

But to guys in the know, you just look ignorant and insufferably smug.

Quote: (01-30-2012 02:32 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Wow! Aren't you just so much better than the rest of us?

Not really.

Add some water to honey, and you have peroxide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey#Hydrogen_peroxide

Don't be so smug.

You assume I'm against natural remedies- I'm not. I just find it a bit absurd to list certain substances as "natural" when they're not found in nature in the concentrations required to be efficacious. Its like listing antibtioics as a "natural" cure for a sore throat- since it comes from mold; never mind the industrial processes in the intervening steps.

Natural to me implies "as found in the state of nature". No industrial processing required.