rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Looking for Social French tutor - will pay $$$

Salut to all my native French speakers of RVF.

I am preparing for my summertime trip to Quebec, and I need a NATIVE French speaking player here to teach me conversational social French.

I don't care too much for learning business/job interview extremely formal french, just enough French to carry intermediate level conversations in social situations when talking to French women, and basic French manners.

I'd like to learn French slang too, and when to use it, and how to use it to build attraction/comfort with local Quebec women.

Building trust and comfort in French as it directly relates to French or Quebec culture.

Building quick rapport in French and saying things to make girls connect with you.

I'd like to practice this for 1-2hrs every other day for the next 5 months over Skype/google/Ichat video sessions.

I am willing to pay $$$ (via Paypal), OR trade teaching you social Spanish.

PM whomever is interested in details. You quote your rate.

Salut!

Mixx

Mixx -

Why don't you get a fly french girl in Miami to tutor you?

Language Lessons http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/03/lan...ssons.html

And swoop her?

Or don't if you really want to keep her around.

Quote: (01-27-2012 01:55 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Mixx -

Why don't you get a fly french girl in Miami to tutor you?

Language Lessons http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/03/lan...ssons.html

And swoop her?

Or don't if you really want to keep her around.

2 good reasons:

1. Because I need someone to help me pickup French women using French, and I don't take swooping advice from women. I am learning Social French - the kind you use to swoop girls. So women are bad candidates for this position.

2. I'd be to focused on trying to fuck her instead of learning French! I don't want that, I really want to learn French and must stay focused on the bigger fish.

I purposely am against having a fly French teacher...won't work.

The same reason I don't go to a gym, and workout at home or outdoors in nature alone. I take my workouts seriously. I cannot workout while looking at tits and ass doing sexual Yoga poses, or moving her sweet ass up/down on a stair master all in my face!!

Mixx

I can give you my help some days but, can't on a regular basis . I don't have 2 hours free often . I have a tight schedule . I won't charge you tho . I will be intereested in some Spanish it could help me next time I will go to Miami .

Quote: (01-27-2012 02:31 PM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

I can give you my help some days but, can't on a regular basis . I don't have 2 hours free often . I have a tight schedule . I won't charge you tho . I will be intereested in some Spanish it could help me next time I will go to Miami .

Sweet! A trade for Spanish is welcome too.

PM your Skype info, and what your available time slots are. I'm pretty flexible.

Anyone else? The more variety of native French speakers I get exposure to, the better!

Mixx

Compadre,
I'd be more than happy to give you free French lessons. Mind you my French will be pure French, not quebecois French, but pure French will be a status thing with the chicks as they love the real French accent. In return, I'd like to practice my Spanish.

Quote: (01-27-2012 03:20 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Compadre,
I'd be more than happy to give you free French lessons. Mind you my French will be pure French, not quebecois French, but pure French will be a status thing with the chicks as they love the real French accent. In return, I'd like to practice my Spanish.

Damn, this forum is fucking awesome, and you guys rule!!!

Deal! PM me your availability and Skype/ichat info and let's get the show on the road. Montreal is 5 months away for me!

Salut!

Mixx

Mixx -

"Montreal is 5 months away for me!"

How long are you going for?

Quote: (01-27-2012 03:35 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Mixx -

"Montreal is 5 months away for me!"

How long are you going for?

I'm staying the whole summer: Plan on arriving mid -June and leaving mid September.

Mixx

Quote: (01-27-2012 01:25 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

I am preparing for my summertime trip to Quebec, and I need a NATIVE French speaking player here to teach me conversational social French.

I don't care too much for learning business/job interview extremely formal french, just enough French to carry intermediate level conversations in social situations when talking to French women, and basic French manners.

I'd like to learn French slang too, and when to use it, and how to use it to build attraction/comfort with local Quebec women.

Building trust and comfort in French as it directly relates to French or Quebec culture.

Building quick rapport in French and saying things to make girls connect with you.

I'd like to practice this for 1-2hrs every other day for the next 5 months over Skype/google/Ichat video sessions.

Salut!

Mixx

Just FYI Quebec French and French is very different so if you are going to Montreal you will need someone from Quebec not from France. For example "gosse" in France means kid and in Quebec it means testicle (not a fun thing to mess up). Also, the accent is completely different so much so that in France the movies from Quebec all have subtitles with translations so if you learn from a French person you may not understand girls in Montreal.

Mixx if you need my help I also can give you a hand.
I have a tight schedule also but I may be able to help you once or twice a week.
Native french from the south, so that you'll get a nice accent.

For you it's free amigo [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (02-16-2012 09:48 AM)chairman Wrote:  

Salut!

Mixx

Just FYI Quebec French and French is very different so if you are going to Montreal you will need someone from Quebec not from France. For example "gosse" in France means kid and in Quebec it means testicle (not a fun thing to mess up). Also, the accent is completely different so much so that in France the movies from Quebec all have subtitles with translations so if you learn from a French person you may not understand girls in Montreal.

Well it's not really true , In Québec we do a lot of traduction because we have a more international language when we translate . The movies with subtitles would be I guess movies with slang . It's the same things with us, I can't understand French argo slang . They don't use it often eighter . Anyway both have their own slang and accent we can't deny it . But , French don't speak a better french because they live in France . It's just different . I think He will be find if a French guy give him the basic , it's the same language it's not because we speak in a slang that we don't understand the french accent .

Quote: (02-16-2012 11:00 AM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2012 09:48 AM)chairman Wrote:  

Salut!

Mixx

Well it's not really true , In Québec we do a lot of traduction because we have a more international language when we translate . The movies with subtitles would be I guess movies with slang . It's the same things with us, I can't understand French argo slang . They don't use it often eighter . Anyway both have their own slang and accent we can't deny it . But , French don't speak a better french because they live in France . It's just different . I think He will be find if a French guy give him the basic , it's the same language it's not because we speak in a slang that we don't understand the french accent .

I didn't say you guys spoke in slang actually quite the opposite your French is more true to the old school French than in France. And we use argot all the time it is like 10% of the vocabulary. I have never been to Quebec but I have talked to some and they can understand only 70% of what I say. And also we use sous titres because most people just don't understand the accent. For some reason because I speak English, the Quebec accent is actually not hard to understand just really bizarre. Besides that, you are right that Mixx could still learn the basics in either place and easily go to the other, I am only sayings this about understanding slang and being close to fluent.

Speaking of argot do you guys use vachement (tellement) and flic (policier) for argot or no?

The thing is when we translate the majority of english movies we use an international french . It's mostly the same thing than a France traduction . I watch a tv program the other day and that was the subject and they show the 2 traductions . The Québec one and the French one and it was mostly exactly the same . No we don't use flic and vachement . For police we use more les boeufs,les cochons ou les esties de polices à marde [Image: wink.gif]

While you should learn French to maximize your stay in Quebec, don't neglect the fact that as an American of Latin descent (right?), you won't struggle with even rudimentary French. The Latin thing will play in Montreal and QBC.

But aside from that, as you speak Portugues and Espanol and because French like them is a romance language with the same rules about verb structure (Je-Tu-Il/Elle-Nous-Vous-Ils/Elles is the French equivalent to the Spanish Yo-Tu-El/Elle-Nosotros-Vosotros-Ellos/Ellas), all you really need to pick up are the verbs, the item names and the tensing (and there is a lot of cross-pollination between French and Spanish).

You'll pick it up pretty easily with knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese.

Quote: (02-16-2012 04:28 PM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

For police we use more les boeufs,les cochons ou les esties de polices à marde [Image: wink.gif]

Nice j'aime bien les cochons but i don't know les esties de polices a marde .

Mixx, I'll let you call call the house number and talk to one of my French maids, free of charge. If one answers and sounds like she has a speech impediment, she doesn't. Her jaw is still all swolled up from me smacking her face off this morning for fucking up my croissant.

I have a different plan of attack up there. I speak English with a very thick French accent. People just think you're rude and refusing to speak French to them but know how. Works like a charm.
[attachment=4784]

sent you a pm.
à plus

[/quote]

[/quote]

I learned the difference between "gosse" in France and Quebec the hard way, I learned French in France and when I came back to Canada, I inadvertently asked a girl in Montreal if she had testicles. lol...another thing in Quebec that I had to get used to was "les autres", in Quebec they will say "vous-autres", "nous-autres" etc.....its kind of like how in the southern USA they say "y'all"

It takes getting used to but, as someone who has studied French in both France and Quebec, it isn't that bad, similar to a someone from USA or Canada speaking to someone from Scotland or Ireland, its still English but you really have to pay attention and listen!

GOSSES: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIcpPwC11HU

Mixx if i were you, i would just find a one to one tutor from CL and then tell him how you want your lessons. I always prefer to pay for something than learn it for free, when you are paying for it, the tutor becomes more serious about his work and he knows damn well that you can leave any time soon if you are not satisfied with his work.

Mixx,

Have you tried pimsleur? I am on lesson 25 of the french beginner now, and I have made good strides. This is my first try with pimsleur, and the goal is to get to lesson sixty before heading to france this spring for privates.

When I started with spanish I went right into private lessons, and looking back it would have been better to start with pimsleur, build a base, then go travel and take classes.