rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I feel like complete shit whenever I'm not working

This is a big change in my mindset that I've noticed, especially in the last year or so.

I basically can't get pleasure out of anything except working and making money.

There are a handful of exceptions (posting on forums, talking to girls, etc). But I can really only get satisfaction out of those things for like two or three hours a day. Basically if I'm not working 9 hours a day or more, I feel strung out, depressed, and generally shitty.

I wasn't always like this.

When I was a kid, I used to really love all kinds of things, from working out to videogames. In fact, work used to actually be my weak spot. I used to have a HARD TIME motivating myself to work, to the point that I got fired from like 5 part time jobs when I was in HS and college. Now I've just done this complete 180 and turned into this zombie who doesn't want to do shit unless it's bringing me money.

Anyone else go through a transition like this in their early to mid twenties?

I think your situation is ok. Enjoying work and making a lot of money is not a bad thing.

I did later when I was in grad school. To survive it ( I didn't have state school support, worked my way through) I had to be either studying or working at a job. It's hard to forget that self-training even when you don't need it anymore.

Society is set up to do this to you. Being tired all the time is glorified.

Now I just apply the discipline to creating, my movies and music, learning to relax again is hard. I meditate a little.

Now that I have an independent income, I want to spend more time doing nothing.

I don't really want to do most stereotyped socializing, saying the same things again and again to the same people...

Always try to remember that the reason you work is to make money to do things you LOVE, be that travel, or whatever form of entertainment you enjoy. It helps to have some form of goal in mind, something you can focus on and say, "This is why I'm working all these hours." Of course, it's great if you have the kind of job that you can't wait to get up in the morning and get to, though most of us don't have those kinds of jobs. It's great to get satisfaction out of your work, but have something else that gives your work purpose.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Better if you love what you do!

Andy do you enjoy the work you do or do you only enjoy getting paid?
What do you do with the money that you make? Do you like spending it?

Or do you just enjoy looking at your bank account?

Please elaborate.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

It's a great "problem" to have.

Don't get fat or neglect your health.

In 5 years, you'll have mad bank and a solid rep.

Game will be much easier.

Then you can coast for a decade.

Being productive is the only way man can truly be happy. He is an end in himself. Work is one of the ways he is productive, if you can find a way where it's your own business, it would be even better. Nothing wrong with this. Some people don't have hobbies or interests that would motivate them enough to put that much time in. If work is your hobby, so be it. I'd recommend finding something else that interests you...obviously that's part of the issue, but don't feel bad about working.

Something that has helped me over the years is to define work and to define play? Two definitions that helped clear it up for me were these:

Work: Activity with a purpose.
Play: Activity with no purpose.

It has made me really appreciate how much I love play and it has put work into a more meaningful context. Not all the work we do, by a long shot, is for money. Shopping for groceries, mowing the lawn, etc. all are work for no money.

In this context when was the last time you played - or did an activity with no purpose - just for fun?