rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

(Re)-Building your wardrobe

Not sure how many of you read The Style Blogger, but he just put up a great post on wardrobe basics, and the pieces you need to own.

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6494/re-i...ial-items/

I think I need to have a look at mine and see what I'm missing.

While I agree with most of their 25 items, the examples at the bottom of the article are horrendous and scream "I dont know how to dress and a hipsterish blog told me that this would make me look fashionable"

Quote: (01-28-2012 05:59 PM)germanico Wrote:  

While I agree with most of their 25 items, the examples at the bottom of the article are horrendous and scream "I dont know how to dress and a hipsterish blog told me that this would make me look fashionable"

That blog, while helpful, drives home the point that you have to stick with a style that works for you. You can't run out and buy all kinds of hipster clothes and try to copy his style if that's not your style. It will look awkward and you'll have trouble trying to add items and match them up later. Stick with what works for you and go from there.

Terrible style, imo. A checkered shirt with a striped tie? And gray tones? Short pants? This guy has no right to write about men's style.

[Image: 08-copy-682x1024.jpg]

Seems like some of you guys don't know much about style.

Everything he is wearing is a part of classic men's style. The navy suit, cardigan sweater, chinos, the shoes etc.

I don't see anything hipsterish at all.

I had to laugh at the comment about the "short pants". What you are seeing there are pants with no break in the them. Something I don't recommend all guys do, (I'd say wear them with a half break) but they sure as hell look better than the spooling/frayed mess I see a lot of guys sporting these days.

Also had to laugh at the comment about the mixing of stripes and check. Yes guys, you CAN mix two patterns together like that. In fact, you can even mix two different colours in your outfit!

Once again, everything he's wearing is within the elements of good style. Seems like more guys on here are into the fashionable look (i.e. whatever happens to be popular right now).

Quote: (01-28-2012 10:27 PM)Carl Sagan Wrote:  

Everything he is wearing is a part of classic men's style. The navy suit, cardigan sweater, chinos, the shoes etc.

I had to laugh at the comment about the "short pants". What you are seeing there are pants with no break in the them. Something I don't recommend all guys do, (I'd say wear them with a half break) but they sure as hell look better than the spooling/frayed mess I see a lot of guys sporting these days.

Also had to laugh at the comment about the mixing of stripes and check. Yes guys, you CAN mix two patterns together like that. In fact, you can even mix two different colours in your outfit!

Once again, everything he's wearing is within the elements of good style. Seems like more guys on here are into the fashionable look (i.e. whatever happens to be popular right now).

Thanks for enlightening us. I don't know what this forum would do without people like you.

Buy good quality clothes

Quote: (01-28-2012 10:45 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Thanks for enlightening us. I don't know what this forum would do without people like you.

You're welcome

The styleblogger is awful. Check out dappered.com instead.

Everything he is wearing is a part of classic men's style.

Yeah. And he decided to wear all at once.

Cardigan sweaters, desert boots, and fucking turtlenecks...

[Image: 08-copy-682x1024.jpg]

The guy looks like he just left a grunge concert and threw a suit and tie over it to go to work the next day.

Wearing a bunch of checkered patterns with scarves is definitely hipster shit. All you need to add is the thick rimmed glasses.

I didn't like this. It looks like you took everything from the wardrobe and put it together

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Aside from the "technical details" of my style comment, are you actually defending this guy's look? You think that shirt and tie look good together? With the suit?

Also, I have not seen one instance where a checkered shirt and a striped tie go together well. If you have, or if you think it does, then style wise we're on different pages.

If you look at the styleblogger website, pretty much every photo is awkward looking.

Yet somehow there are people who think it's good. Go figure.

Quote: (01-29-2012 02:42 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

Aside from the "technical details" of my style comment, are you actually defending this guy's look? You think that shirt and tie look good together? With the suit?

Also, I have not seen one instance where a checkered shirt and a striped tie go together well. If you have, or if you think it does, then style wise we're on different pages.

Stripes on checkers/plaid are styles being pushed by department stores like Express. Carl Sagan is right that you CAN do it, but what he overlooked in his condescending reply above is that most guys DON'T do it because they don't like the way it looks.

I think he has some good looks.

The important part is to make it your own, and the guy sells that well.

It makes no sense to hit up some forums and blogs and then go out and emulate what you saw. Start slowly and you will find what works for you over time.

Some styles take a lot of time to "grow into" both in terms of age and confidence.

Any way you look at it, this guy dresses well and as a result gets attention from women.

theres no way he isn't 100% gay.

Horrible, just horrible.

Here's a better list from the Art of Manliness blog:

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/04/16/how...ardrobe-1/

D.

On Pattern Clashing

[Image: tumblr_lyjj26tJAu1r8awqdo1_400.jpg]

What do you guys think?

Looks cool in that gay-hipster kind of way. That said, I would rock that look.

Quote: (01-30-2012 03:45 PM)Dolmance Wrote:  

Here's a better list from the Art of Manliness blog:

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/04/16/how...ardrobe-1/

This list is on the money. Follow this instead.

Quote: (01-30-2012 06:14 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

On Pattern Clashing

What do you guys think?

I think he looks like shit.

Quote: (01-31-2012 02:05 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

On Pattern Clashing

What do you guys think?

How many pics of dudes with purses are going to be on these style threads? This is a players forum. For guys who bang girls.

Quote: (01-31-2012 02:09 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2012 02:05 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

On Pattern Clashing

What do you guys think?

How many pics of dudes with purses are going to be on these style threads? This is a players forum. For guys who bang girls.

Agreed. I might not be a style expert, but this dude looks like a fucking clown. Some of this "fashion" shit is getting way out of hand.