rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life on a 1099: A Guide to Being Self-Employed

I haven't received a W-2 since 2001. I've been self-employed, which we often refer to as "being on a 1099."

The 1099 refers the tax forms the self-employed receive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_tax_forms#1099_series

I need to go justify my existence for a few hours, but will use this thread to share personal experiences and tips.

I know a lot of other guys are self-employed, too.

This would be a good place to share tips.

In the meantime, feel free to ask questions.

Disclaimer: This is neither legal nor tax advice. This thread is based on my personal experience in managing my tax and business affairs.

I dont know what kind of business you're running, but, how did you go about deciding what kind of business you wanted to start?

Quote: (01-23-2012 10:29 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I dont know what kind of business you're running, but, how did you go about deciding what kind of business you wanted to start?

Pick something you know a lot about or something you're really interested in. Trust me, it's a total fucking pain to write content etc for a business you're not interested in. But when I actually like the topic I'm writing about it doesn't even feel like work and it's a total breeze. (This is for writing content for you're websites or marketing etc).