rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gaming in a car city without a car

When i say car city, i am talking a city where most (when i say most, i really mean most) of young people drive.

Basically im in a city where almost everybody drives and people here are extremely materialistic. Girls here wont date a guy that dont drive, without a car you will pull girls in the 5 range (out of 10) and if i have to date them, i would rather not date anybody.

So basically im not having that much fun in terms of pulling girls. I wasnt too keen on buying a car till now because im here for the money and i have been investing all my money and i wasnt too interested in dating the local girls because i wasnt finding them that attractive. However i have been to two different neighbourhoods yesterday and today, and i was extremely impressed with the quality of girls you can see here. One in the bank today was a 9 in my book, she tries to start a convo with me, i politely answered her and i acted like i was the ''hot dog'' there (basically i kinda ignored her), then i see this other chick working in the counter and she gives me that extremely friendly vibe (she is a 8.5-9 in my book).. i start talking to her, i got her number and i told her for us to meet on the sunday, i told her my car is getting fixed and asked her if she drives, she told me she doesnt drive but we can find a way to meet up. Then i go to this other hood around the city and i saw this perfect chick in terms of booty walking past this restaurant where i was eating..i told my friend..''yo hold on, i will be back in a minute''.i run out the restaurant, i see these lames working in the streets telling her how pretty she looks..she ignores them..i walk up to her and her friend..said i want to meet them (not like that but you get it)...bla bla blas..got the numbers and she told me we can meet on sunday. Let me just add that this girl was really that hot, a 10 in my book, she will give a run to most of (if not all) dominican girls i saw when i was in DR (i still prefer dominican women in general), she had a very pretty face, mullata, super body and could speak super clear portuguese, a rare thing here (fuck, only super girls really like me, average chicks are hard for me to bite).

However, i know all these girls expect guys here to be driving. I doubt she thinks that i dont drive, you wont see super fly niggas here that dont drive..the problem here is not just the fact that you dont drive and that this will stop you from pulling girls, the problem is that the public transport is so fucked up that you wont have means to get around. Fuck, everytime i have to move around the city in the public transport, i feel like im going through hell, so i understand when chicks decline meeting guys that dont drive, its painful to get around here on the public transport. I had few super chicks declining to meet me after they clocked that i didnt drive, they have many options, so they dont really want to bother fucking with a guy that dont drive.

So im not too sure if i should get a car here. Well i have a car here that is getting fixed but i was looking to sell it and all the money i have im constantly investing..however i could take out 10k from my bank and buy a small car but i promessed myself that i wont buy a car, till im making very good money every month and till i invest in all the businesses im planning to invest.

However not pulling chicks and not having lots of social time has been killing me.(specially after having to stay in a camp for 28 days) I have got so many chicks in line that i could be fucking but i cant because i dont drive (and these girls are really that shallow about meeting guys that dont drive)..so im wondering if you guys were in my shoes, what would you do? Would you buy a car and start hitting more parties, hitting more on girls and fucking more? Or just focus on your business which is your original plan, make lots of money and fuck off to another country after few years?

Till last week, i was telling my friends in London how ugly the girls are here and their bitch shields that im not even hitting on chicks here..however these last two days were just different..i also got people here that were telling me that i didnt hit the right places yet that this country had amazing women but i wasnt exploring the right places. Im starting to agree with them that this country has super bad bitches but its me that hasnt been exploring much of the country.

Yesterday i felt like packing my bags and fly back to london (or sexpat in the DR) because this road to richness involves lots of stress and it literally kills your social life..but thats another subject.

Thoughts please.

Man, I'm just curious...

Isso é na Angola?

And also, I might not be one to add much to your situation, but a thought:

As you are so focused on business, don't you think that the best way to stay there while still getting some action is to atually "date" a girl? A "mini relationship" as G Manifesto says? I know dating can be boring, but you'd spend less time chasing pussy, getting rid of your blue balls, while allowing more time to focus on your work. Do you really find it impossible to find a single girl that will take you without you driving? What about taxi?

In the end, it is all about prioritizing, and the best person to know your priorities is probably you.

yeah im in Angola.

Im extremely selective when comes to dating, i havent found any girls that i qualify as dating material that live close to me. The girls that i wouldnt mind dating live a bit far and a taxi here would cost me 30 dollars for a journey, it aint a cheap country.

But yeah i agree that a mini relationship would be good, i probably need to look more into that.

What kind of dough per month are you pulling in out there ?
Just a temporary situation in mining?
Cheers from London...getting cold here...but good public transport ! [Image: smile.gif]

Have you tried looking into a motorcycle or a scooter that takes in two people? They're much cheaper than a car (depending on model) and lots of chicks dig a guy on a motorcycle because of the danger element.

Here in LA (a major car city), without a car your date logistics will be very difficult. Chicks will still give you the time of day and the car-ownership topic never comes up, it's assumed that everybody has a car.

I don't own a car at the moment and sold mine for money reasons but I still keep talking to chicks. My current strategy is to meet them at a nearby venue changable place that is within walking distance or only a bus trip away, then reveal later during the date that my "car is in the shop" or "I'm trying to buy a motorcycle," lure them to my place then bang!

If you have money buy the car. When you're done with it just sell it. I'm not sure about how things work where you are but here lets say you could get a Toyota Corolla for around 3 to 4k that's about bottomed out pricewise. Lets say a 2001 or so. You can drive that thing for a year and not lose a thing. The fucking things don't break! If everyone drove those things 70% of the auto repair shop would go under. Thank god for Audis and Benzes.

What are your car choices? And what site do you look on for them there?

Quote: (01-12-2012 05:55 PM)Enfant_Terrible Wrote:  

Have you tried looking into a motorcycle or a scooter that takes in two people? They're much cheaper than a car (depending on model) and lots of chicks dig a guy on a motorcycle because of the danger element.

Here in LA (a major car city), without a car your date logistics will be very difficult. Chicks will still give you the time of day and the car-ownership topic never comes up, it's assumed that everybody has a car.

I don't own a car at the moment and sold mine for money reasons but I still keep talking to chicks. My current strategy is to meet them at a nearby venue changable place that is within walking distance or only a bus trip away, then reveal later during the date that my "car is in the shop" or "I'm trying to buy a motorcycle," lure them to my place then bang!

Yeah motorcycles are very popular here, actually i thought of buying one and chicks here go crazy for guys in motorcycles. I used to own a scooter in London but i wouldnt want to ride a scooter here, a scooter here means you super broke..i may need to look at getting a decent motorcycle..however i have never ridden a big one or super fast one so i need to choose something that fits my biking experience and also makes me look cool.

Quote: (01-12-2012 06:10 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Yeah motorcycles are very popular here, actually i thought of buying one and chicks here go crazy for guys in motorcycles. I used to own a scooter in London but i wouldnt want to ride a scooter here, a scooter here means you super broke..i may need to look at getting a decent motorcycle..however i have never ridden a big one or super fast one so i need to choose something that fits my biking experience and also makes me look cool.

How chaotic is the traffic there in Angola for bikers? Aren't African capitals notorious for their crazy dada-esque traffic?

Quote: (01-12-2012 06:07 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

If you have money buy the car. When you're done with it just sell it. I'm not sure about how things work where you are but here lets say you could get a Toyota Corolla for around 3 to 4k that's about bottomed out pricewise. Lets say a 2001 or so. You can drive that thing for a year and not lose a thing. The fucking things don't break! If everyone drove those things 70% of the auto repair shop would go under. Thank god for Audis and Benzes.

Cars in Angola are very expensive. A toyota Corolla would cost me 10 to 12k here...

I am looking at buying a hiunday i10 which costs 14k brand new or 10-11k used.

I bought a Mercedes benz ML320 from the states and i have shipped here, but im going to sell it.

If toyota corollas were that cheap here, then i think i would be driving by now, cars here are just way too expensive.

Quote: (01-12-2012 06:12 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2012 06:10 PM)pitt Wrote:  

How chaotic is the traffic there in Angola for bikers? Aren't African capitals notorious for their crazy dada-esque traffic?

The main point to own bikes is to skip the car traffic, but in general, the roads here can get really busy.

Quote: (01-12-2012 06:15 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Cars in Angola are very expensive. A toyota Corolla would cost me 10 to 12k here...

I bought a Mercedes benz ML320 from the states and i have shipped here, but im going to sell it.

If toyota corollas were that cheap here, then i think i would be driving by now, cars here are just way too expensive.
Benz is broken? What's wrong with it? If it's right you should be able to trade it no?

Quote: (01-12-2012 06:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Benz is broken? What's wrong with it? If it's right you should be able to trade it no?

I needed to buy a new fuse box plus they need to re-activate the sensors and some programming on the car..they charging me 4,700 dollars so far, i bought the fuse box on the side that costed me 2500 dollars till it arrived here (bought it from england)..shit is way too expensive in this country. I cant trade it, im going to sell it.

couple ideas because I've had this issue.

Buy a car: but get something super cheap. Early 90's SUV's have a masculine look, are dependable, and now pretty cheap. You could get a jeep cherokee, jimmy, or preferably a 4runner. Keep it super clean. Most SUV's look the same year in year out, so no one will see that you're driving a beater on first glance.

OR

Tell chicks that you are starting a business FIRST. Like squeeze it into the very first convo. Talk passionately about how you are putting all you have into your business. This way, it makes sense later when you say "my benz broke down, and I don't want to buy something else because I promised myself I'd invest in my biz."

See, the car thing isn't really about a CAR. It's about being successful and having ambition. If you can show that you have drive/direction/ambition by being passionate about your biz and telling girls that you are being true to your goals by NOT buying a car, that makes you look like a serious man. See how you can spin this to make it look good? And it's true.

OR

You can say you are about to take a long vacation or move, so you don't want to buy a car because of that. This will also put you in the "fling" category. Women are more likely to fuck you if they know you are leaving in a month or two. Good news is, if you like the girl and want to keep seeing her, you can tell her that plans fell through and you are staying. By that time she'll be sexually invested in you, and used to driving you around, so it won't matter.

Quote: (01-13-2012 01:44 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2012 06:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I needed to buy a new fuse box plus they need to re-activate the sensors and some programming on the car..they charging me 4,700 dollars so far, i bought the fuse box on the side that costed me 2500 dollars till it arrived here (bought it from england)..shit is way too expensive in this country. I cant trade it, im going to sell it.
I sure it's too late but when you need stuff use this site and have someone ship it to you. http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
That box is $150 here used. If you have a problem like that again just ask me. Reprogramming the ecms takes 5 minutes with the right tool. If you need I can give you a list of the ones that can do it but if the fusebox was the problem it shouldn't need it after it's replaced.

This sounds like my current situation in Santiago. Not everyone drives, but girls assume that I drive when they meet me. This is due to me having light skin which is assosiated with having money here, especially since i am from California. If i did have a car, i would be pulling an incredible amount of hot girls.
. If my stay here was 3 or 4 months or longer, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used SUV like Ice said.