rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I saw first hand how much living abroad boosts your status

Went to orientation today and long story short this guy asked of his international credits would transfer. Fast forward an hour and we are all in line waiting to talk to an advisor. This guy was walking down the aisle and got stopped by one girl Who he talked to for five minuets. Then another girl opened him about his travel. This guy was a short dude and not very attractive but these girls were on him asking him tons of questions.

Me and this guy peeped what was happening and he was like "Shit this guy takes one spanish class and now he's from Guatamala. I think I'll just tell girls I'm from Zimbabwe.".

Which got me thinking about telling girls that I'm from France (my last name is French) and come up with a back story and everything.

I have read about how much traveling helps, but got damn, these girls were drooling.

Quote: (01-11-2012 04:44 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Which got me thinking about telling girls that I'm from France (my last name is French) and come up with a back story and everything.

In my experience they are all over the idea of travel experience...real or not.
Just be vague and believe it.

Quote: (01-11-2012 04:44 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Went to orientation today and long story short this guy asked of his international credits would transfer. Fast forward an hour and we are all in line waiting to talk to an advisor. This guy was walking down the aisle and got stopped by one girl Who he talked to for five minuets. Then another girl opened him about his travel. This guy was a short dude and not very attractive but these girls were on him asking him tons of questions.

Me and this guy peeped what was happening and he was like "Shit this guy takes one spanish class and now he's from Guatamala. I think I'll just tell girls I'm from Zimbabwe.".

I have read about how much traveling helps, but got damn, these girls were drooling.

Traveling and Swooping fly girls helps you become an International Playboy.

And Being a traveling International Playboy helps you swoop fly girls.

It is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I think the effect of this may be relative. If you're in a place where girls already have a lot of international experience (e.g. a good graduate school), then I'm not sure how much of a DHV it is. But travel is definitely where it's at, and not just for girl-related reasons.

even just telling a girl you are about to travel or have just returned from traveling piques their interest. this is what i am noticing very rapidly now that i am traveling more as well.

Quote: (01-11-2012 05:43 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I think the effect of this may be relative. If you're in a place where girls already have a lot of international experience (e.g. a good graduate school), then I'm not sure how much of a DHV it is. But travel is definitely where it's at, and not just for girl-related reasons.

Point well taken, however, how much travel has your average graduate student done?

7 days in Paris?

5 days in Cancun?

2 weeks in London?

The kind of travel that we do on this board by The International Playboys is not normal at all.

Spending a month in BA, a month in Colombia, 2 months in Spain? Montreal? London? Belfast? NYC? 3 Months in Miami Beach?

In the same year?

And going at the best times of year? Not normal.

People dream about this stuff.

Hell, I talk to cats way more successful than me, guys you have companies that have raised 100 million and they are always like, "How do you travel that much?"

And I am like, "You have never been to Buenos Aires?" No.

"Colombia?" No.

"DR?" No.

"All summer at the topless beaches of Spain"? No.

Only very few people do what we do.

International Playboys are top of the food chain.

Nice

After traveling for fifteen years until recently, yes, every girl you might meet will smell it on you. I don't know what it is, but she will know. Almost makes it too easy, I haven't had to do much for over the past ten years to keep me in all the poon I could handle. I guess it's everything you have to do when you're in an atmosphere that is completely different from what your comfort zone is but it seems to work...

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Apocalypse Cometh

Quote: (01-11-2012 05:55 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Point well taken, however, how much travel has your average graduate student done?

7 days in Paris?

5 days in Cancun?

2 weeks in London?

The kind of travel that we do on this board by The International Playboys is not normal at all.

Spending a month in BA, a month in Colombia, 2 months in Spain? Montreal? London? Belfast? NYC? 3 Months in Miami Beach?

In the same year?

Hell, I talk to cats way more successful than me, guys you have companies that have raised 100 million and they are always like, "How do you travel that much?"

"Colombia?" No.

"DR?" No.

G man ,what are the best beaches in Spain...is San Sebastian a good place to spend some time,I know it's on the beach down from Biarritz.

I have a friend there and he says I should come over for a while..maybe teach.

Yeah, agreed G. There is a vast world of difference between a 2 week tour of Europe and living in some country by your self for the month. In the former you haven't really left your comfort zone, so it's more like seeing it all on TV but in real life. The latter requires you to overcome difficulties, take risks, and be uncomfortable in many ways. Overcoming those challenges is what shines through, as the poster above said. I'm often tempted to visit foreign places where I know people/have friends, but I think that's actually not a good thing to do if you want to grow as a person, but of course it is tempting because it is safer.

I gotta do this ish. What do you guys think about an immersion program where I live with a family in Mexico for three months over the summer?

Quote: (01-11-2012 07:40 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I gotta do this ish. What do you guys think about an immersion program where I live with a family in Mexico for three months over the summer?

Like an East LA Ese once told me, "Don't just think about it holmes. Do it."

Quote:Quote:

Yeah, agreed G. There is a vast world of difference between a 2 week tour of Europe and living in some country by your self for the month. In the former you haven't really left your comfort zone, so it's more like seeing it all on TV but in real life. The latter requires you to overcome difficulties, take risks, and be uncomfortable in many ways. Overcoming those challenges is what shines through, as the poster above said. I'm often tempted to visit foreign places where I know people/have friends, but I think that's actually not a good thing to do if you want to grow as a person, but of course it is tempting because it is safer.

It is always a great experience to go to a country knowing no one.

It is also always a great experience to go to a country where you have friends that have the place on lock.

Go forth young man!

Travel is probably the biggest convo topic I have with girls outside of relationship/sex topics. I've traveled a lot and they are impressed by it. If they've traveled it's a great connector.

Funny side note - my boy is Indian but could pass for hispanic. he's tall, pretty big build, and has kind of a thug swagger. He makes up nationalities and names every time he goes out and it actually gets girls really interested.

Some of the aliases I recall him using: "Marco from Cuba" "Santos from DR" "Miguel from Venezuela."

Guy has no game, but I swear when he'd drop some sexy sounding name and have girls guess where he's from and then tell them "Cuba" they'd be all into it.

EDIT: just realized something I do a lot is shape women based on what I've observed in girls from other countries.

Like I'll say "Yea when I was in Amsterdam, the girls were awesome. They weren't weird about sex. If they liked you, they would chill with you and if we're both turned on, then we just go with it and enjoy it. Girls in the US are weird - they'll dress in these outfits and put on all this makeup but then play games about sex. In europe, women are naturally beautiful - they have a very relaxed natural sexuality. If they want to suck a guys dick because they like him and feel turned on, they just do it. It's really made me think about where I eventually want to settle down."

I don't have hard stats on whether this raises the probability of banging a girl, but it's definitely a way to begin shaping a woman to be what you want, sexually.

Whatever you do, don't make up stories about yourself. Women can see right through them. Instead, live those experiences you want and if you can't, put yourself in a position to do so in the future.

7 days in Paris?

5 days in Cancun?

2 weeks in London?

In the same year?

"Colombia?" No.

"DR?" No.

For real

I know a man who is 65, true player. He says that there are many rich people out there who didnt get to enjoy life and he feels that he is lucky to have enjoyed life although he is not rich today.

I think many people just enslave all their lives in making money, things need to be balanced.

Quote: (01-12-2012 03:23 AM)pitt Wrote:  

7 days in Paris?

5 days in Cancun?

2 weeks in London?

In the same year?

"Colombia?" No.

"DR?" No.

For real

I know a man who is 65, true player. He says that there are many rich people out there who didnt get to enjoy life and he feels that he is lucky to have enjoyed life although he is not rich today.

I think many people just enslave all their lives in making money, things need to be balanced.

But ,believe me you don't want to be on Skid Row when you're older!
When you're young ,you can survive on one meal a day,sleeping on friends floors ,hard labour etc etc ,but doing that when you're older is draining not adventurous!
Have a good time but make sure you're getting ahead in some way!

Quote: (01-11-2012 06:27 PM)SimonRierdon Wrote:  

After traveling for fifteen years until recently, yes, every girl you might meet will smell it on you. I don't know what it is, but she will know. Almost makes it too easy, I haven't had to do much for over the past ten years to keep me in all the poon I could handle. I guess it's everything you have to do when you're in an atmosphere that is completely different from what your comfort zone is but it seems to work...

Your whole demeanor changes. It's suttle and the may not be noticeable to ones self. Dealing with language barriers, maintaining a defensive posture in slightly dangerous cities, extended periods rolling solo, constantly navigating and being surrounded by unfamiliar surroundings.

These will boost confidence levels. You also pick up mannerisms while living abroad and accent will wane. To the opposite sex you will appear as being different, or exotic. I use this to my advantage when returning home. It eventually runs out as you will start picking back up on old habits.

Its like getting the shiny star in Super Mario Brothers. Run hard and do the most amount of damage, cause it eventually wear off, then you have to go back abroad to get you mojo back.

Quote: (01-12-2012 05:27 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2012 06:27 PM)SimonRierdon Wrote:  

Your whole demeanor changes. It's suttle and the may not be noticeable to ones self. Dealing with language barriers, maintaining a defensive posture in slightly dangerous cities, extended periods rolling solo, constantly navigating and being surrounded by unfamiliar surroundings.

These will boost confidence levels. You also pick up mannerisms while living abroad and accent will wane. To the opposite sex you will appear as being different, or exotic. I use this to my advantage when returning home. It eventually runs out as you will start picking back up on old habits.

Its like getting the shiny star in Super Mario Brothers. Run hard and do the most amount of damage, cause it eventually wear off, then you have to go back abroad to get you mojo back.

Noticed all of this myself and had people say the same about me. Back in the town I grew up in and YUP, feeling like the same old dumbass I was before I left. Planning the next exit, this time working for myself, not someone else - so that adds another layer of freedom to the whole thing.

I definitely notice this.

I lived overseas for twelve years before I moved back to the U.S. for university.

Everywhere I go, if I talk to a person (girl or guy) for more than five minutes they ask me where I'm from and what accent do I have. In the past six months, I've only been told that my accent sounds normal just once. And the person who told me that didn't talk to me for more than five minutes.

Funny enough, when I go on break, I'd rather go back to Europe or travel than stay in the U.S.

-Wald

This is very true. the experience of travel is made for eternity. My 7-month trip to Portugal and Spain 6 years ago keeps getting me pussy till the present day.

Some girls just love to hear stories about international travel and to be around well-traveled guys.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Most girls are always flabbergasted when they hear that I traveled for 2 years and 8 months. The enthusiastic reaction dims down after a few minutes so its important to keep playing and don't think your travel experience alone is enough to DHV.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

For girls, the traveling itself is not as important as the fantasy you put into her brain with a well-placed teaser. Girls can game themselves if you've got some good ones.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Question to the G manifesto or Michael, not sure how to refer to you: How do you make enough money to support constantly traveling? Just curious, I read your blog and enjoy it a lot, but how are you able to maintain that lifestyle?

Quote: (01-13-2012 01:46 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Most girls are always flabbergasted when they hear that I traveled for 2 years and 8 months. The enthusiastic reaction dims down after a few minutes so its important to keep playing and don't think your travel experience alone is enough to DHV.

True.

However, when you mix it (and I don't mean Mixx from on here either, or actually I do) with a Custom Suit, a fat Bankroll and some Goliath Game, it makes for a pretty potent cocktail. Right?

G man ,what are the best beaches in Spain...is San Sebastian a good place to spend some time,I know it's on the beach down from Biarritz.

I am still looking for the "best beach" in Spain.

As far as San Sebastian, go.

The place is stunningly beautiful, great nightlife, topless beaches and arguably the best food city in the world.

Every man should spend at least a month there.

Biarritz is paradise on earth in the summer as well.

That is if you like topless French girls and surfing that is.

Quote: (01-13-2012 07:12 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-13-2012 01:46 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

True.

However, when you mix it (and I don't mean Mixx from on here either, or actually I do) with a Custom Suit, a fat Bankroll and some Goliath Game, it makes for a pretty potent cocktail. Right?

I am still looking for the "best beach" in Spain.

As far as San Sebastian, go.

The place is stunningly beautiful, great nightlife, topless beaches and arguably the best food city in the world.

Every man should spend at least a month there.

Biarritz is paradise on earth in the summer as well.

That is if you like topless French girls and surfing that is.

Yo G- I actually met up with a chick from Spain yesterday. She was from a town on the north coast called Asturia. She said the food there is amazing. She's damn beautiful. I haven't made it happen yet, I'm sure it will go down sooner or later (we both had shit to do anyway as we met right after work). Speaking of which [to anyone reading this], always meet a chick when you have other options that night.

I made sure we met up at my favorite bar, where the bartenders know me and validated me in front of her. This spot was classy and she was impressed.

Anyway, it had me thinking about my time in Madrid and Barcelona and how many other places in that country are dope on the low. Spain has to be one of the coolest and most chill countries on the planet. They get it in out there. I definitely want to explore that country some more.

Shorty was telling me about how bad the economic situation is out there right now. LOADS of young folks are outta work. I'm wondering what effect that will have on the chicks over. Say a stylish American cat rolls through with bank roll and swagger these days, you think they'll still keep up their infamously prude facade? Would love to see someone from the forum go out there on a case study mission.

You get more bang (literally and figuratively) for your buck in Latin American, Asian and EE countries, but Spain is still a winner.