rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone tried the musician route to banging girls

We all know that musicians get lots of pussy and groupies and shit like that. Has anyone bothered learning a electric guitar and going out on amateur night until they get a few reg gigs as a route to get pussy. Just an idea I had in my head but don't know how good it would work. The best thing is rock and roll music at the low level takes no real writing skills (just sing others songs), singing skills (your not singing r n b or pop no one cares if you hit the right notes) or at least this is the way I imagine it anyways.

I think this would only work if you actually had the passion to learn guitar. It really does take skill to sing rock, or any type of music. You seriously underestimate how difficult it is when you say "singing skills (your not singing r n b or pop no one cares if you hit the right notes)" You would look like a total fucking clown going up there playing guitar and signing if you have not put in a lot of practice and effort. I have friends who played in bands. Some good, some bad. The ones who were bad did not get love for their performances.

I am a musician, and this is my most prized big-bait when attracting women. I have taken many years to become technically proficient, so it helps when performing and putting it on the table. That being said, I'll crush most guys at shows, but it doesn't always happen. Just learning a few songs and getting creative will definitely boost your attraction. Just make sure you are patient and driven!

I am a guitar player and I find it kinda pathetic for game-less musicians (and they often are gameless) to use that as a crutch and as a replacement for game.

Game is like any muscle, if you don't exercise it, it wastes away. I make a deliberate effort to play it down that I play guitar for fear of becoming another gameless beta hiding behind a musical instrument.

Hate to jump on the hater wagon, but playing music is not as easy your post implies.
However, I must have the musician vibe and get asked often enough if I am playing that night etc.
So there is upside, but I don't really see music as a primary vehicle for banging girls (it takes a lot of time to develop skill sitting alone in your home for hours upon hours).

I am a musician, it has got me laid before. That said it takes so much hard work that you really have to love it. The idea of musician game I personally think is mixed up. People want pussy and therefore become musicians, but this doesn't work. That type of musician generally suck. The way I see it is that it has to be "genuine" in order to add value that is worth the effort.

That said, being a performing musician does help with game. I'm a bassist in a (in my humble opinion) good band. In order to give a good performance you need some good inner game, this makes musicians quite fast at picking up game, as well as having a head start in terms of confidence, big bait and general high value.

Despite all this analysis, it's a fun hobby and worth a dabble for anyone.

21 y/o brit.

Get into music because of the music, not because of the girls.

Sure being a musician/playing an instrument well is DHV+, still you need game skills to close.

I only tried it once, but from a different angle.

Worked insane.

Story:

Fame VS Game in Newport Beach http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/05/fam...beach.html

I feel that the whole "being a musician gets you laid" thing is kind of a misconception. I've been a musician for 15+ years, and most the guys I know who are the best musicians really don't do too well in terms of getting pussy.

It's probably the social proof of being in a popular band that gets you laid more than musical skills do. Technical proficiency at an instrument is lost with women--notice how guys in pop acts and boy bands get way more pussy than a virtuoso.

Quote: (01-08-2012 09:25 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

I feel that the whole "being a musician gets you laid" thing is kind of a misconception. I've been a musician for 15+ years, and most the guys I know who are the best musicians really don't do too well in terms of getting pussy.

It's probably the social proof of being in a popular band that gets you laid more than musical skills do. Technical proficiency at an instrument is lost with women--notice how guys in pop acts and boy bands get way more pussy than a virtuoso.

Indeed. This is a great scenario where the common saying "Less is more" applies perfectly.

People who only know a few simple chords on the guitar might have equally the same potential to getting laid as a guitar virtuoso. This of course, not taking into consideration fame.

Unless you become a rockstar it ain't gonna happen. I've had electric guitar for the past 4 years. When I started, I was very passionate about becoming a lead guitarist like Slash someday. However, after I reached a dead-end when I can no longer improve (after 6 months), I decided to stop playing guitar on a daily basis. Even today I have a Washburn guitar, I play it like once a month. I'd however encourage you to learn the guitar well. A really good rockstar can get laid like a champ.

I'm a musician, and one of the most tragic things I've seen amongst my musician friends from Highschool was how they believed that the only way to get girls was by getting famous. This was before formal PUA etc., but these guys essentially nuetered themselves by drinking the kool-aid of fame. I could never get them to come out and try to meet girls in bars- they actually looked down on that! They condescend by saying things like "Yeah, go find love in a bar." Some of them actually did get famous, but the majority are now bitter with ugly girlfriends.

Anyway, I used to not get laid through music, but now that I'm learning game, it's happening. Having game and being a musician is a powerful combination. Just yesterday, I was playing in the park and I ran some day game on a girl who had been sitting on a bench near by reading a book and listening. We ended up at my house, but she got LMR and peaced out.

Man, her tits were nice ..

I never tried to get laid, i always done music for passion (im a rapper).

I remember one time i flied to south of europe and we went to this concert right in the middle of nowhere. Me and my boys were the only black cats there, then they had a freestyle session. The white boys there couldnt rap for shit, i tell the dj that i want to freestyle..he calls me before the party shuts down.i go hard on the mic..bitches going crazy, the guys approaching me to compliment and try to make contacts..that day i felt how easy famous people can have pussy..before i rapped no bitches came to talk to me and i could tell they were raised in a way where they believed they shouldnt be talking to black cats, soon as i go to the stage and rap, they are all suddenly throwing themselves at me and saying that i was really cute (now im cute?).i was thinking.if i was famous..i would be cleaning house everywhere.

If i was famous, every time after the show is about to finish, i would just say: Ladies i am single and i want someone to hang out with me for tonight because we are going to this after party, if you want to come, come see me after the show.

You just wait and see how many girls are up for it.

haha i just read g manifesto post and shit..thats exactly what happened to me. You do recognise the power of fame, that shit is even better than money in terms of scoring.

redacted

I learned to play guitar not to get pussy, but because I genuinely like to play the guitar and listen to music. I can't think of any occassion that knowing guitar has gotten me pussy. I haven't played a whole lot in the last couple years though. Most girls probably don't know I play the guitar unless they come to my house and see my guitars laying around.

A good friend of mine is in a band. They play shows at bars and clubs throughout San Francisco. Dude gets laid like crazy. He is always telling me about how he pulls girls out of the crowd and bangs them.

Being on stage and rockin the crowd = INSTANT DISPLAY OF STATUS AND FAME!!!

I wish I could sing!!

Quote: (01-09-2012 06:50 AM)pitt Wrote:  

(im a rapper).

I never knew you were a rapper. I'd like to hear some of your songs. Post something for us...

Quote: (01-09-2012 06:50 AM)pitt Wrote:  

soon as i go to the stage and rap, they are all suddenly throwing themselves at me and saying that i was really cute

Fame is better then Game hah!? Its really something how girls act when they see other people screaming your name or see you on tv.

"Being on stage and rockin the crowd = INSTANT DISPLAY OF STATUS AND FAME!!!"

No doubt.

Even guys on the speaking tour I assume would pull mad girls.

In my story, I literally could not believe it how my friend and I were mobbed by girls.

And that was just a club in Newport Beach and were were on stage 10 minutes if I recall correctly.

Girls in Ukraine probably couldn't care less, their idea of a musician is "Pitbull"

Quote: (01-08-2012 07:04 PM)hubris Wrote:  

Hate to jump on the hater wagon, but playing music is not as easy your post implies.
However, I must have the musician vibe and get asked often enough if I am playing that night etc.
So there is upside, but I don't really see music as a primary vehicle for banging girls (it takes a lot of time to develop skill sitting alone in your home for hours upon hours).

Yes the post implies its not rocket science. From my understanding the hardest part of singing rock music is learning to play the electric guitar. Most Rock musicians I heard of as in everything outside of little richard and prince are not proficient singers like a Mariah carey or a Justin timberlake etc.
I'm not trying to become elvis, who by the way didn't learn scale and couldn't read music until after he was famous if I did it, just good enough to get groupie chicks to chase after me so I can use little effort to get girls.

But come on, do you think a 5 foot tall black man who was mechanic would get carmen electra? I sure as hell doubt it. I see guys like prince get rejected on a regular basis. And does game help yeah. But game is not going to leave yyou drowning in vagina, you still have to do the initial work, women aren't going to be running up to you.

@Pitt, your post basically gets at what I'm trying to say. And a rapper is not even the most sexually appealing musicians (probably r n b-think prince or marvin gaye type- followed by rock and roll).
@Gionvanny, I have to wonder if people saying music hasn't gotten them laid have ever performed at a live show with women in the audience.

@gmanifesto, after reading yours and pitts post, I'm starting to rethink maybe I should switch over to rap, and the irony is I'm already a decent freestyler but assumed it wouldn't get me lots of pussy because the girls into rap may not even be the hot type. Now I JUST need to find a venue to do it where there are lots of girls and where they'd let me on stage.

One doesn't even have to be famous, just be on stage at that event.

Damn you miami cats are so lucky.

Quote: (01-08-2012 06:56 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

I am a guitar player and I find it kinda pathetic for game-less musicians (and they often are gameless) to use that as a crutch and as a replacement for game.

Game is like any muscle, if you don't exercise it, it wastes away. I make a deliberate effort to play it down that I play guitar for fear of becoming another gameless beta hiding behind a musical instrument.

Your entire thought here is absurd. I've been playing for many, many years 40+ years.

Just playing the guitar frankly does very little for you. Far too often people confuse end results with causation. You got laid by a hottie and you happened to be playing guitar around her so you ASSUME it was the guitar... nope, she had already made that decision.

Now if we are talking about someone who is in a WORKING BAND. In other words, you are a professional musician playing gigs (and you are getting PAID to play.) and you've built a following. Then Yes it CAN help get you laid. As a professional on stage on a Friday or Saturday night, you have the highest level of social proof/status in the entire bar. If you're single and looking to meet girls/women then you have a MASSIVE leg up over any other dude in the place. Since you've been paying attention you already know which girls are giving you indications of interest.

It's not the guitar that really got you laid but rather you've demonstrated massive social proof and you have huge social value that is what got you laid. The band is what gives you social proof and status. From there you STILL have to be able to hold a conversation, close for her phone number.

The downside is it will be almost impossible3 to close her that night. Why? Well, almost 100% of the time she is with friends. And YOU will be there playing until 2 am. Its highly unlikely that she will be there that late and even if she is, you're not leaving the place until AFTER they have closed because guess what, you have to tear down your gear, load it into your vehicle. Then you have to help the drummer and PA guy tear down their stuff. You won't be rolling out of there until ~3 am and that is if there isn't a band meeting immediately after the last set is finished. There are times where you won't get home until 4-5 am. Trust me it's exceedingly rare that you will close her and take her home with you.

So the short answer is YES being a guitar player can and WILL get you laid. The reality is that there are FAR, FAR easier ways to accomplish that and you should not even consider picking up a guitar for that reason. Because it will take the vast majority of people YEARS to get good enough to get into a band good enough to get paid to play live in a club

Yes. But you still need game. If anything playing music just puts you in a position to be the center of attention and demonstrate high value. Without game you're going to have a hard time closing the deal. There are tons of beta soytard musicians who can barely get laid. I will say however (in my experience) that some musicianship and game can be a lethal combo. However I never got into music to impress girls, I got into it because it's my passion. The benefits of impressing the opposite sex were always secondary

Quote: (02-10-2019 12:52 PM)BlastbeatCasanova Wrote:  

Yes. But you still need game. If anything playing music just puts you in a position to be the center of attention and demonstrate high value. Without game, you're going to have a hard time closing the deal. There are tons of beta soytard musicians who can barely get laid. I will say, however (in my experience) that some musicianship and game can be a lethal combo. However I never got into music to impress girls, I got into it because it's my passion. The benefits of impressing the opposite sex were always secondary

Social Status/Value/Proof 100% trumps "game"

The point is there is a grand canyon size difference between a dude that can play an instrument well and a working professional musician stepping off stage in a club he has been hired to play in with his band.

The guitar player playing at the beach or in front of friends at a party doesn't create the social status/proof/value that the guy playing in a club on a Friday or Saturday Night does.

As such the process you use to attract women MUSt be different. The guy who is a working professional musician would necessarily want to avoid running "Game." Why because you will come off like a playa if you do that. It will blow up in your face. So much so that her girlfriends or she herself will actually say or ask you if you are just a player.

We might need to redefine exactly what 'game' is nowadays, tbh.
Do you have 'game' if you've read Roosh's book? Or do you need to have read mystery method so you have actual 'lines' and 'techniques' like negging etc in order to have 'game'?
Or are the 'what you say doesn't matter'' crowd correct, in which case, there's surely very little to 'learn' in term of game. (just having good eye contact etc)
Terms like 'just learn game, bro' always made me cringe a bit, despite the fact that i've read about 60 game books lol. I feel like everything in every book is something that any 'normal' person already knows.

Bringing it back to this topic, learning the guitar isn't gonna help much really unless like, you make it famous and have groupies etc.

I can play the guitar and the piano. Neither has helped me.

What got me laid was approaching tonnes of girls and banging the girls who thought I was relatively 'handsome'/her type which, once that pre-requisite is met, just requires you to not be super boring/weird (which I guess you could call 'having game')

Game to me is entirely about your Social Status.

The more Social Value/Status/Proof the easier it is to pick up women. For example, you can have game out the wazzo. You can be a world class PUA but the hot models in the ELITE clubs of LA, NYC, and Vegas are simply unapproachable because if you aren't in the VIP table service area of these clubs you don't have any way of approaching them.

That is the far end of what I'm talking about but the principles are the same. When you have the highest social status in the place you are in, then "game" becomes relatively unimportant.

Game to me is really about having a solid foundation of being able to read body language, recognize when a woman wants you to approach her. Having at least good basic conversational skills, knowing how to escalate in a manner that isn't creepy or overly pushy. Having the ability to get her to call your cell phone so that you know you have a real phone number...

Now the reason I stopped there is because when you are playing a gig, that will be pretty much as far as you can take the interaction that night. Why? Well, #1 its HIGHLY she and her friends are staying until past 2 am. That is usually when your last set will end and then depending on how the night went you may have a short band meeting, followed by gear tear down. Once you have all your gear loaded up you will have to help either the PA guy or the drummer and that means, all in all, you aren't getting home until well after 3-4 am

Like I said before, there is a MASSIVE difference between being a talented amateur musician and being a professional when it comes to meeting women. As a pro, you are granted Social Status in that venue while you are there that night. I NEVER tell girls I'm in a band or even that I play an instrument... it's totally counterproductive. While your band is there then you have the Social Status/Validation/Proof. Then its merely a matter of approaching the girl you're interested in who is giving you approach me signals