rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No job, savings depleted, how to improve game now?

I just graduated this summer, but for my field there are several hundred applicants per every open position, so it doesn't look like I'll be working my "career" any time soon.

I'm applying for all kinds of crap jobs now but no cigar.

With absolutely no money what can I do to improve my game besides reading blogs, and other material.

My online game is okay to the point where I can fill up my week, but no cash to take them anywhere.

Focus on getting a job first.Start making some money. Either get a job, start a business, or do some side work. It doesn't matter if the work in not in your field as long as you are making some money. This is BY FAR the easiest solution to your problem. Instead of spending 2 hours a day studying game, spend those 2 hours developing some new skills that will make you more employable.

Being completely broke is a real pain for gaming. It wreaks havoc on some of the key elements of banging chicks:
1) Logistics. With no money, you are already seeing the problems with going out to meet women, doing interesting things, and even having a place to fuck them.
2) Status/DHV. Being broke is a turn off for women.
3) Inner Game. Being broke seriously fucks up most guys' self-esteem.

Yeah, put all your effort into hustling first. Game will be so much more easier once you get your finances straight.

Quote:Quote:

but no cash to take them anywhere.

You don't really need any cash to have solid dates. Most of the dates I take girls on are totally free or really cheap. Just get creative. It doesn't take any money to go out and approach either. Spit game in bookshops, cafes, etc. You can do all of that for free. If you go out to nightclubs, just don't buy alcohol and you'll save a lot.

I agree, get creative.

That said, my game really suffers when I don't have my paper situation locked down. It makes it hard for me to focus to the point where I'd rather get things straight before going on the prowl.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

If you still have transportation, income, and enough cash to eat, you can still pull. Especially if you're fresh out of university.

Focus on day game, younger chicks, and hunt out free events.

So your basic outline is gonna be
- take some of your ramen money and buy a bottle of wine
- meet chicks @ the "student union"
- get #'s
- meet up @ free night at the museum, street market, walk in the park, whatever.
- then eventually bounce to your spot for some liquid desserts
- chat, deal with any last minute resistance
- close

The Game should have already taught you to avoid the dinner and a movie trap.

Of course you should be trying to get a job, but I used to clean up by meeting chicks @ events with no cover, have other dudes liquor them up, dance with them, and take them home to the apartment. I never came out of pocket until after the first f-close.

I agree with the getting focused on locking down a job advice, though that's probably easier said than done for new grads in this economy.

Everyone is different, but I personally prefer to have that cash flow so that I can apply game with keen focus.

However, I do have friend who graduated from an Ivy League university as an athlete and grew up going to prep schools in NYC. After graduating from college, he got a job in finance but was fired for poor conduct within six months. He hasn't had a steady job since and is usually broke. However, because of his social circle and background, he's able to gain access into the world of attractive and upscale women with little to no cost (he's shrewd and manipulates friends, family and strangers to finance his lifestyle). He also habitually lies to women about what he does for a living. As a result, he's consistently slayed some decent chicks and continues studying and applying game.

He has many advantages that enable him to live this way in addition to what I've already mentioned. His family has owned a multi-story brownstone in NYC for decades and he has a unit that is practically a self-sufficient apartment that he doesn't pay rent for and can conveniently bring chicks back to.

I'm not sure what your social/financial situation is, but cash flow helps with peace of mind and it can help in providing you access to people, places and situations that you otherwise may not have an opportunity to exploit. However, it's not necessary for getting laid and using game. Too many examples of guys with great jobs and DHV who are still not getting laid. Money just matters for what level you want to operate on.

Find an older cougar to help you out.

I will have to get super creative because of no money, I think this will force me to improve my game drastically.

Any ideas for free stuff ideas that I can do?

I'm a "broke college student" so I have a car, full tank of gas, and a cell phone.

I'm trying to find work, even applied at disneyland.

Quote: (01-03-2012 06:02 PM)wolf Wrote:  

I will have to get super creative because of no money, I think this will force me to improve my game drastically.

Any ideas for free stuff ideas that I can do?

I'm a "broke college student" so I have a car, full tank of gas, and a cell phone.

I'm trying to find work, even applied at disneyland.

Freeganism? http://freegan.info/

Personally I'd say jerk off and self improve. If you're broke and jobless the last thing you should be worrying about is getting laid, women are like video games, they're for entertainment and should never be your main focus unless you're in a position like Roosh's where he's actually turned getting laid into a business plan.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (01-03-2012 07:14 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Personally I'd say jerk off and self improve. If you're broke and jobless the last thing you should be worrying about is getting laid, women are like video games, they're for entertainment and should never be your main focus unless you're in a position like Roosh's where he's actually turned getting laid into a business plan.

I'm not doing that. I'd rather suffer but try to get laid. I spent way too many years jerking off and trying to self improve.

My friend who didn't have a job would try to fuck girls every opportunity, he would fuck 5 a year but that is still better than jerking off. He fucking had ducttape holding the soles of his shoes, that's how broke he was.

I finished a good degree that I don't give shit about. The only reason I got that diploma is when I do get a job I won't have to worry about money problems at all( what neighborhood I live in, what cell phone I buy, what car I drive), which I don't need these things anyway.

I'm making up for lost time and I choose to waste it cumming.

Quote: (01-03-2012 09:00 PM)wolf Wrote:  

I'm not doing that. I'd rather suffer but try to get laid. I spent way too many years jerking off and trying to self improve.

My friend who didn't have a job would try to fuck girls every opportunity, he would fuck 5 a year but that is still better than jerking off. He fucking had ducttape holding the soles of his shoes, that's how broke he was.

I finished a good degree that I don't give shit about. The only reason I got that diploma is when I do get a job I won't have to worry about money problems at all( what neighborhood I live in, what cell phone I buy, what car I drive), which I don't need these things anyway.

Though it's better to game when you have cash flow, I really believe pussy should be one constant in your life. There's all kinds of girls out there no matter the situation you're in, so the game never stops.

I'll never forget this guy (bald head, blue eyes) from the States who was down in Florianopolis when I was there. He was a young Army vet, and me and him had a mutual friend who does BJJ in Floripa. They had met in Thailand some years ago. Anyway, this guy was broke as a joke and spent four months crashing at my friend's pad. He bought a huge tub of pasta and a bucket of protein powder and that's all he consumed for FOUR MONTHS LOL. Like I said in my earlier post, everyone is different. I couldn't live that way, but this dude could and his looks yielded him some chicas every now and then while he was down there.

Get a job and learn game mentally. Build your inner game. Then when you get a job you can approach like a mad man. The only people you should be approaching at the moment are headhunters! Trust me I was in your situation about a month ago.

A bit off topic, but to get a job you should be networking. With your former classmates, your barber's other clients, strangers riding the train with you (i've met CEOs of large companies like this; they all commute to downtown Toronto on the train since it's impossible to drive), and just about anyone else you meet. Also, get a profile on linkedin if you're in finance/business.

"When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose"

Thats a good time to get out there and approach like crazy.

Job hunt during the day and wait tables or barback at night. Solves both your problems. Hospitality girls party with co-workers after their shifts nightly and you'll have enough scratch to fuck with them untill you find a real job. Work at two different places at a time...Chili's TGI's whatever..Dudes in your shoes do this. It's fun and in retrospect may be the best time of your life.

Aspiring to be like a Guy who held his shoes together with duck tape is a shifty outlook. Sorry if that's offensive but its true. Being interesting and successful is the best routine can run. Being awesome, rather then having to feel awesome is the best inner game you can have. The more you better yourself the more shit is just gonna happen. I wonder how far your friend would've gone ifnhe spent less time trying to get laid and more time becoming a better man.

Making your end all be all pussy is the ultimate pedestalization.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

You dont need money to be gaming and fucking girls. Why would you need money to take them out? Dont take them out.

You have a car so that makes it easier for you to fuck these chicks. Do you get a least 50 dollars a week? Approach hardcore in malls and try get these girls to come to your house.

But as others have said, try to sort your financial situation too, go hard on the job hunting.

During times of extreme brokeness I've sought out a g/f. Waking up to an annoying 7 sleeping in the wet spot is better than the alternative. At least your getting laid, and can concentrate efforts on finding a job. Once you're on your feet kick her to the curb.

For me:

Financial crisis=Stess=No game.

But yeah, listen to Emech's advice. Bishes in the hospitality industry are dtf.

Quote: (01-03-2012 09:19 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2012 09:00 PM)wolf Wrote:  

Though it's better to game when you have cash flow, I really believe pussy should be one constant in your life. There's all kinds of girls out there no matter the situation you're in, so the game never stops.

I'll never forget this guy (bald head, blue eyes) from the States who was down in Florianopolis when I was there. He was a young Army vet, and me and him had a mutual friend who does BJJ in Floripa. They had met in Thailand some years ago. Anyway, this guy was broke as a joke and spent four months crashing at my friend's pad. He bought a huge tub of pasta and a bucket of protein powder and that's all he consumed for FOUR MONTHS LOL. Like I said in my earlier post, everyone is different. I couldn't live that way, but this dude could and his looks yielded him some chicas every now and then while he was down there.

LOL I bought 25 LBS of short grain brown rice just to survive the next 2 months while keeping up with exercising, finding a job, and setting up my business...I'm in a similar situation as the OP, but I keep on approaching girls because otherwise my game atrophies.

If cash flow problems are fucking up your game, inner or otherwise, get that sorted asap so you can stop worrying.

Quote: (01-03-2012 01:19 PM)wolf Wrote:  

I just graduated this summer, but for my field there are several hundred applicants per every open position, so it doesn't look like I'll be working my "career" any time soon.

This is a bit peripheral to your question, but most publicly advertised jobs above the minimum wage or service industry level, in a good economy or bad, will have hundreds of applicants. That's just the way it is. On the other hand most applicants have no chance of getting the job and aren't real competition anyway. If you're looking to get a good entry-level position in whatever your professional field is you should expect to send out the equivalent of about 50-250 copies of your CV before landing something unless you have a special network or contacts you can use. Consider that everyone else is doing that as well so you get hundreds of CVs per job. On a personal level, I once screened CVs for a research-type internship and we had 2000 applicants for one position. Only about 50 of those even met the basic requirements and of those 5 were worth interviewing. We hired 2 of them.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

most of the jobs I've gotten were created by me- not starting a business, that takes talent and luck, but just seeing a business that you think would be interesting to work at, thinking of what you'd want to do there, or what is needed there, and asking if they need you.

Then in interviews I always use the 2 "magic quesions"

1) What is the most difficult part of running your operation?

2) What is the most important part to get right? The most important mistake to avoid?

That shows you have an incisive mind, understand how to set priorities, are open to learning how they do things.

I adapted that from my mental health background-- there's something called the "magic question" in psychotherapy
that quickly helps you and a client get to the core of their conflicts:

"If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? "

Any ideas what would be good dates that are free, besides the walk on park/beach?

scoutmob and yelp post events regularly and you can find a lot of freebies and/or discounted activities.

I'll tell you what though here's a really big fucking paradox with being employed vs. unemployed:
when you're unemployed, you've got an assload of freetime but no money. when you're employed (esp. full time) you've got the money but only 2 days to actually do what the fuck you wanna do. alot of these serivce retail mfs don't give you weekends off or holidays. what the fuck kinda of life is that where i have only mondays and tuesdays to do anything?

A job will alleviate your immediate financial woes but you might sacrifice a whole lot b/c of it

You've just got to do a little research when selecting your venues and nights to go out. Try to go to "college nights" or "$1 beer nights" when beers are cheaper, and the women are usually skankier. If you go to the right places, you'll often find women that don't care if you don't have a good job, or even any job at all. They'll just be happy if you have a car and/or your own place, unlike half the douchebags they're used to dealing with that live at home and need a ride because they have a DUI or can't afford a car.

In these uncertain economic times, consider spending time overseas, teaching English for example. Will be a great experience, and will look good on your resume.

You are not working and applying for all-sorts of crap jobs, then what happens when you get the crap job? you have enough money to eat and pay rent and that's it; because it's a crap job. At the same time you well feel unfulfilled, and being a slave will eat away at you soul.

Crap jobs are a recession-proof, they will always be there, so take a chance and go for something you enjoy, worst case scenario, things will go wrong and the crap job will be waiting for you.

I do crap jobs sometimes, but I live overseas and the money from this freelance work goes ten times further here, and I can save and invest in things I want to do.