rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Improve Immune System, get sick less often?

I really want to improve my immune system, and get sick less often, and was wondering what your ideas/regimen/tips are to achieve that goal.

I find my health changes greatly depending on where I am living.

I grew up in the L.A. area, and find my health is worst here. I get colds or allergy/hay fever type colds every 8-10 weeks. Its really frustrating. I was sick in October after several hard party nights, and have been sick this week leading up to NYE as well.

I lived in Chicago for a few years. Ironically, I rarely ever got sick in this blizzard of a town. For the 2 years i was there, probably got 2 minor colds.

I lived in Japan for a year and a half, my last several months there I was perfectly healthy.

I haven't had the flu in over 5-6 years and never get the stomach flu.

So overall I am pretty healthy but want to keep away nagging colds/hay fevers/and the like that are enough to drive down your energy but not keep you down and out.

Ironically, it seems when I work out less, I get colds less often. I really can't explain it. The 2 years I lived in Chi and 1.5 years in Tokyo, I didn't exercise much. Just walking, skipping rope a couple times of week, pushups, and doing daygame was my exercise.

When I am in Cali I tend to work out a lot due to low gym costs but seem to get sick more often. Also when I worked out a lot my first several months in Japan I got sick more often too.

I'm taking multivitamins, fish oil daily. Eating pretty healthy. I have a good solid weight (150-155 lbs) for my height (5'7).

What do you guys do to maintain strong health so u can keep consistently pimping?

You might wanna talk to a doctor. I get flu-like sick at the change of the seasons myself. Usually right when winter starts and the air pressure changes. I swear I can tell when it's gonna snow by the way I feel.

Have you checked out the Apple Cider Vinegar thread? Lot of good info and feedback in there.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7518.h...er+vinegar

Check out the Ice Water Baths thread too:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8173.html

Team Nachos

I rarely get sick but I would attribute it to this one factor; I'm 28 and i've never owned a car. Granted I live in a part of the country where public transportation is the norm but there have been periods of my life where I lived in remote small villages. These were the types of places where a store couldn't be found for a few miles, but i'd walk to the store (it'd be like an hour walk). Granted I can drive, but having a car never really interested me.

I found periods where I had to depend on a car, or times when I was less active (job sitting a desk all day) I found myself to become more lethargic. I would say don't eat out, learn to cook meals at home. It's cheaper and you'll be more fulfilled when you really start to get things down.

Live a healthy life

You have already identified that a hard workout leaves you vulnerable to colds. That says that you are pushing your body beyond what it can handle. You may need some protein and amino supplements. Living Fuel products work for me. If you have health insurance, get checked for allergies. Many foods and other things that you come into contact with can cause cold/flu symptoms. For me, I have a horrible allergy to dairy that causes many flu-like symptoms.

When I feel a cold coming on, I bomb with a product called echinacea plus. I buy it online at herbdoc.com. Awesome stuff that's organic and very high quality. Read some of the info at this website by Dr. Schulze.

Finally, does your health club have a cold plunge and a very hot sauna or jacuzzi? Hot/cold water therapy is an ancient, proven healing tool. Most of the old spas in the US used to have hydrotherapy as their main service. Only a few in Hot Springs Ar and So Cal offer it now.

You can use your home shower if your club doesn't offer cold plunge/hot jacuzzi. Alternate as hot as you can take it for 20-30 seconds, then blast with as much cold as you can take for 20-30 seconds. Do hot/cold seven times. When you do this before sleeping, you'll wake up feeling great without the cold. Hope this helps.

Get your Diet right, junk food should be kept at a minimum or not at all.
Eat Garlic, Onion, Ginger, eat fish, less meat and limit processed food.
Exercise as hard as you can, push your body and take a cold shower followed by a nice sauna afterwards.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Drink mad green tea.

Quote: (12-30-2011 03:56 PM)sine wave killer Wrote:  

I rarely get sick but I would attribute it to this one factor; I'm 28 and i've never owned a car. Granted I live in a part of the country where public transportation is the norm but there have been periods of my life where I lived in remote small villages. These were the types of places where a store couldn't be found for a few miles, but i'd walk to the store (it'd be like an hour walk). Granted I can drive, but having a car never really interested me.

I found periods where I had to depend on a car, or times when I was less active (job sitting a desk all day) I found myself to become more lethargic. I would say don't eat out, learn to cook meals at home. It's cheaper and you'll be more fulfilled when you really start to get things down.

I think the walking/using public transport thing is big. In chicago and japan, i was doing/using a lot of both. Out in l.a., I am driving, which is basically sitting on my ass.

I do drink green tea daily and eat seafood 1-2 times a week.

Might have to chill on the fast food a bit.

I think I am going to reorganize my workout schedule to 2 days a week of push ups/pull-ups and running or skipping rope and a day of heavy leg work such as deadlifts, lunges, extensions, curls and calves.

I guess I am just going to be one of those people who has to only do a moderate workout schedule and live with those results.

Quote:Quote:

it seems when I work out less, I get colds less often

Surfaces in the gym are dirty. I wash my hands like I'm preparing for surgery after every gym workout. Also don't touch your face while you workout.

The body can easily adapt to stress if you give it the right platform in which to do so. Yes lifting rips your body apart but not replenishing nutrients after leaves you weaker than making you stronger. Also try to find the weak point(s) on your body.. for me it is my neck. Maybe its a Astrological thing since being a Taurus it says the same thing also, but if my neck gets even slightly cold.. its a wrap .. Cold will set in almost instantly. I try to make my neck stronger in the gym but its been a slow process. Also learning to catch things early and nuke it before it gets bad helps to, hopefully knowing how your body runs and works you can sense when things are "off" and nuke your colds before they explode into something big. Flushing your body with tons of water helps the immune system and keeping vitamin C in check also helps to.

Sounds like bad air over there.

So overall I am pretty healthy but want to keep away nagging colds/hay fevers/and the like that are enough to drive down your energy but not keep you down and out.

I get allergies during season changes, I used to buy Allergy pills. Not any more. Your sinuses are basically wet meat, with pollen or pollution sticking to them. They try to rid the pollution by sneezing, or producing a running nose.

I discovered nasal irrigation. Basically you're flushing out your sinuses.
It's takes no time at all. Get a bulb syringe from any pharmacy, they're used for babies. Try to find one with a large tip so your nostril is covered up. Get a coffee mug, clean it out, put lukewarm water in there, a quarter teaspoon of salt. Stir it real quick. Suck the water into the syringe bulb, lean your head over the sink and go for it. ( check nasal irrigation on youtube ). They use a "Neti Pot". Don't need one really. Afterwards, blow your nose a lot.

I've stopped some bad sneezing attacks in their tracks doing this. Takes about 10 minutes for them to stop after irrigation. Works every time. Works for super dry eyes too.

Another thing, are you drinking tap water? If so, switch to bottled.
I had a pretty painful ear infection a month ago. Upped my Vit C to 4 grams daily. Still wasn't going away. THen I thought of the tap water for some reason. I went out bought those huge blue bottles of 'spring' water, and only drank that, and upped my vit c intake to 6 grams daily. In 12 hours I could feel the difference. It was gone in two days.

Does anyone have tips on liver maintenance? Gaming at bars is taking it's toll on mine. I take milk thistle, but I've heard there are other things that can help.

Sleep, water, organic fruits and vegetables, laughing, avoiding stress, sex.

Quote: (01-01-2012 11:13 PM)soup Wrote:  

Does anyone have tips on liver maintenance? Gaming at bars is taking it's toll on mine. I take milk thistle, but I've heard there are other things that can help.

Your liver can only process one type of alcohol at a time. That's why mixed drinks or beer and shots fuck you up so much. Especially the next day. Try sticking with one alcohol all night. Just beer or just scotch or just vodka or just wine.

Also might wanna see your doctor and get some blood work done. My friend has Hep C and can't drink for shit. Gets drunk off of nothing. Hep fucks with your liver.

Team Nachos

As we begin a new year maybe it's time to look at habits that bring our health down? Many of you are living the life, burning the candle on both ends. There are only 1 or 2% of you that can stay in high gear for a lifetime without any problems. The rest of us 98% need to look at our lifestyles and think long-term.

Being much older than most of you puts me into contact with many 40+ people and I can tell you it's not pretty. I hope you never have to see the naked body of a 65 yo women - LOL! Many men that find themselves single in their 40's are simply too unhealthy to contemplate playing the game. The older cats that I see running the game have taken excellent care of themselves over a lifetime or they are the lucky 1%.

I'm hoping many of you adopt the healthier lifestyle of an athlete. Moderate your drinking, eat right, take herbs/supplements and exercise right. I see that many younger guys drop out of the game because their bodies are flat played out. Flush your digestive track, kidneys and liver 3-4 times a year. You can find out how at herbdoc.com.

Seeing that this is close to New Year's, I recommend a product called BuzzKiller. It's a great alky and bad food detox made from herbs and such. They sell it at my local Albertson's of all places. They make a companion product called Nopalina which is a great lifestyle product that is cheap and tastes great. Both products were invented by a doctor from Puerto Rico and are now marketed here on the mainland.

The biggest difference in my health as I age is cleaning myself out 2 or 3 times a year. Most of you eat the standard American diet (SAD) and you may want to look at that. The advice on a regular blood test is excellent. Do not accept high average on you tests as okay even if your doctor says so. That means you are heading into the danger zone.

I wish all of you peace, health and prosperity as we move into 2012, or for my Asian friends - the year of the dragon!

Quote: (12-31-2011 08:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

it seems when I work out less, I get colds less often

Surfaces in the gym are dirty. I wash my hands like I'm preparing for surgery after every gym workout. Also don't touch your face while you workout.

Exactly my recommendation.
It's no surprise you're immune system is weaker in L.A. where the air quality is among the worse in the nation.

eat healthy for christs sake.lots of my friends always wonder why they're sick all the time.I tell them diet

fruit,veg and take multis. Organic herbs you can find anywhere - make hot nutritious soups.chilis garlic tumeric,garden herbs onions etc.

Not to sound like a Germophobe but what Roosh and others said "Gym is a Nasty place" , may be too much for you but keep a hand sanitizer handy and use frequently,Once again good one Roosh, Don't touch your face during and after workouts.

Was talking to E-mech , he got sick when travelling to DR. Planes/Trains/Buses any place that gets a lot of public exposure one should be careful with, you guys can call me a germophobe but keep a hand sanitizer handy and thank me later........

Roosh may be a Hand sanitizer should go in the do all chemicals box that has Baking soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, Petroleum Jelly [Image: smile.gif]

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Quote: (01-02-2012 06:47 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Not to sound like a Germophobe but what Roosh and others said "Gym is a Nasty place" , may be too much for you but keep a hand sanitizer handy and use frequently,Once again good one Roosh, Don't touch your face during and after workouts.

Was talking to E-mech , he got sick when travelling to DR. Planes/Trains/Buses any place that gets a lot of public exposure one should be careful with, you guys can call me a germophobe but keep a hand sanitizer handy and thank me later........

Roosh may be a Hand sanitizer should go in the do all chemicals box that has Baking soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, Petroleum Jelly [Image: smile.gif]

Good point, but being an all natural organic freak, I'd recommend not using the chemy purell stuff, they make a lot of natural hand sanatizers now a days.

I like the one by Dr. Bronner:

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SD1001/Org...gSpray.htm

Use them all the time when I'm traveling in 3rd world countries.

Quote: (01-02-2012 07:19 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-02-2012 06:47 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Good point, but being an all natural organic freak, I'd recommend not using the chemy purell stuff, they make a lot of natural hand sanatizers now a days.

I like the one by Dr. Bronner:

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SD1001/Org...gSpray.htm

Use them all the time when I'm traveling in 3rd world countries.

Agree with you wanting to use Organic stuff but am afraid it wouldn't do as good of a job as Alcohol in Purell. I actually prefer any alcohol based sanitizer purell or some other shit that has alcohol in it, purell is probably the cheapest .

Alcohol is found to be a better disinfectant than most of the stuff we use in hospitals. we prefer to use alcohol for scrubbing hands prior to surgery because of it's excellent disinfectant nature.

I have even advised before if you can't find anything to clean your hands/junk after a nasty shang , Use a little vodka to clean hands/ junk [Image: smile.gif] it's going to burn like hell though........

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

I have now implemented

1) using hand sanitizer more often

2) thoroughly washing my hands after a workout

3) Thinking about the apple cider vinegar

I just had another hard workout a couple days ago, and today I have felt so incredibly tired and fatigued, it was a bit scary. I think I really gotta scale back the weightlifting and go w/ a more body weight + cardio/high intensity cardio workout and see how I feel after that.

Quote: (01-05-2012 08:49 PM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

I have now implemented

I just had another hard workout a couple days ago, and today I have felt so incredibly tired and fatigued, it was a bit scary. I think I really gotta scale back the weightlifting and go w/ a more body weight + cardio/high intensity cardio workout and see how I feel after that.

What does your weightlifting routine look like?

Quote: (01-06-2012 01:29 AM)Only One Man Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2012 08:49 PM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

I have now implemented

What does your weightlifting routine look like?

More or less:

Monday - Chest

4 exercises

3-4 sets of each, 6-12 reps

Incline Bench Press

Chest Press Machine or cables

Flyes

Dips

Wednesday - Legs

4-5 exercises, 3-4 sets each, 10-15 reps

Deadlift or Leg Press

Lunges

Leg Extensions

Leg Curls

Calf Raises

Friday - Shoulders/Back

3-4 sets each, 6-12 reps

Pull-ups

Cable Row or Row Machine

Pulldown Machine

Military Press

Shrugs/Front Raises

I've thought about adding some cardio or jump-roping in. Though I was making good gains I was noticing some fat developing on my stomach.

I'm currently 5'7, 155 lbs.

Drink hot water, absorbs better into your body and builds immunity and purifies. Simple.

Cold shower:

http://gettingstronger.org/2010/03/cold-showers/

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18/the...-vitality/