rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yelp?

Does anyone on here use it before going out? Obviously I could care less about service and food. I'm only interested in the reviews that discuss quality and the ratio of M/F.

How do you use it?

Are there any other sites out there that could help me avoid a sausagefest?

Yelp?

Never found it of much use. It's always more time efficient to actually go than to read reviews.

One exception: It does often indicate the venue's noise level, and that alone speaks volumes about a place.

If you're in strange area for a short time, it might be useful, but otherwise you're better off just seeing the venue for yourself.

Yelp?

I actually like yelp, it helps determine places with good quality food at lower cost. Mainly I use it to identify certain types of restaurants (italian, french, mexican, ethiopian, sushi, etc.) in a certain DC neighborhood. I'd say it's more valuable here because of the fact that there are so many restaurants (good/bad) too. Mainly though, I use it for pricing because I'm a cheap bastard. A lot of good intel overall, but I take the reviews with a grain of salt.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Yelp?

I'm with Gmac on this one. Yelp gives me an indication/preview of a place's quality/pricing and what's available in any given neighborhood. Especially useful in a spread-out city like LA where logistics involve a car.

I don't only use it for date places, it's also good for service shops like hairstylists and auto mechanics to see if people are generally getting good service.

Yelp?

If your in a big City it helps out a lot, I use it mostly if i'm traveling throughout North America. Its been helpful to scope out date venues, to finding lounges to hit up on weekends.

Yelp?

Read the negative reviews. If they are by ugly girls, the bar should be okay. if the negative reviews are by pretty girls, it probably sucks. Completely ignore reviews by guys. Bottom line is you want a bar that ugly girls hate. That probably means they are not treated well, the ratio is decent, or pretty girls go there.

Yelp?

Quote: (12-27-2011 10:05 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Read the negative reviews. If they are by ugly girls, the bar should be okay. if the negative reviews are by pretty girls, it probably sucks. Completely ignore reviews by guys. Bottom line is you want a bar that ugly girls hate. That probably means they are not treated well, the ratio is decent, or pretty girls go there.

Good point. Reminds me of something I noticed.

Look for the 30 year old chicks giving a place 2 stars and saying things like "the decor and theme was great and I loved the loungy, speakeasy vibe.... I felt about a hundred years old when I walked through the door and saw the faces in the crowd and I'm not that old!"

We have a winner!

Yelp?

Quote: (12-27-2011 10:05 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

This is what I'm looking for. Someone on the NYC thread mentioned Le Souk in NYC as a good spot.

Here's a review i read on yelp(picture of the poster below):
"Ive had better as far as the food goes it was overpriced and bland.My waiter was very nice and attentive (I hate when they leave and take forever to take your order or bring your check) The bouncers were really cool too. It seemed very crowed but we where seated within seconds of us coming in. I parked my car kind of far but I didn't mind the walk, the weather is really nice and I got to explore since moving from Cali. I might go back and check out the nightlife, There where a lot of very attractive people. Well let me rephrase that attractive women, This is a great place for men, not so much for me. All the guys I saw looked cheesy euro trash! but whose to say how the music was inside, I just ate and left. I don't think I would come back for the food or hookah. It was just ok..."

[Image: l.jpg]