rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UGA Opening Doors to Brazil

http://www.southerneducationdesk.org/art...portuguese

I was wondering when the U.S. would wake up. Looks like a first step at least. The Brazilian economy is not one that should be ignored.

Quote: (12-26-2011 01:30 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

http://www.southerneducationdesk.org/art...portuguese

I was wondering when the U.S. would wake up. Looks like a first step at least. The Brazilian economy is not one that should be ignored.

At the same time they are fiercely protectionists. Which is a very short sighted method to create growth and jobs. My company (which is n the oil/gas business) sells a lot of products for Petrobras, BASF and their like but the arbitrary and corrupt customs makes the profit margin significantly smaller than, say, China. For the international playboy this is reflected by all the people on here citing the difficulties in doing work without serious connections in this place.

About 1 year ago I seriously considered Brazil as a place to work in. Turns out with all the restrictions I can make basically thrice as much in China doing the same thing. Shame, since I love Brazilian women and never really had anything for Asian...

Quote: (12-26-2011 02:30 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

For the international playboy this is reflected by all the people on here citing the difficulties in doing work without serious connections in this place.

I don't remember anyone on the forum going to Brazil looking for work other than teaching.

Yeah, protectionism is bad pretty much anywhere south of the U.S. border. I've heard horror stories from coworkers working off the coast of Mexico with the corruption/regulations. I haven't considered that in Brazil. Maybe the restrictions will loosen up in the next couple years.

I do feel like though, if I went to a country and started knocking on doors, Shanghai would be more fruitful. You're right though vicious, it's hard to hold a candle to Brazilian women.

UGA = University of Georgia. I thought it was some type business association.