rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Third tier cities

Third tier cities

I love the second-tier travel style (http://www.rooshv.com/the-benefits-of-li...l-cities), but I wonder if in due time those will be slightly spoiled as mainstream tourists recognize that first-tier cities are tourist traps with little culture.

For the purest women, I think third-tier travel will be necessary for countries that are being rapidly Westernized. Has anyone tried this out? Which cities have you been? By third-tier I mean random cities under 250,000 people that are not in the guidebook. You've never heard of them before and research on the internet comes up with mostly blanks. There will not be a single hotel or hostel that you can book online. Visiting one will be an experience in randomness.

Pros: Great responses. Untainted women who see you as a bridge to a better future.

Cons: No nightlife until the weekend. Nothing to really do. Hard to find any type of lodging. Small size means you will not rack up a lot of notches but will get one or two "good" girls (this could be a pro for some).

Maybe not this trip, but for a country like Brazil or Poland I'd be interested in just throwing a dart on a map and visiting the nearest small city to it. As long as it has one club and a central square for day game, I think the pussy rewards would be great, especially for those players who are slowing down and wouldn't mind hanging with just one chick for their stay.

From my experience of visiting tiny towns in Minas Gerais, Brazil, the city needs at least 75,000 people with a relatively compact center.

Third tier cities

I've always done 3rd tier cities in Colombia to add flavor and variety to my Medellin trips.

3rd tier cities I recommend (In no particular order):

1. Ibague
2. Neiva * 4th Tier city
3. Villavincecio (near Bogota)
4. Buga ** 4th Tier city
5. Manizales
6. Armenia
7. Santo Domingo (Colombia) ** 4th tier city
8. Retiro (in Rionegro, Medellin) ** This is actually a 4th tier city.
9. Bucaramanga
10. Valledupar

The problem with 3rd tier cities is that you MUST speak the local language or you are fucked (in a bad way). Finding a bathroom to take a piss can become a challenging/frustrating endeavor. The reason why I can set sail to these cities and do well is because I speak the local language at a fluent level. I cannot see anyone who does not speak Spanish have a lot of success in these cities because you get so far with hand signals, and you still need to build attraction, comfort and trust with girls so they can fuck you.

I doubt that going ti Poland's 3rd tier cities will be successful if I only speak very beginner Polish. Even negotiating a PRO will be a challenge.

I am going to start offering my (paid) guide/game coaching services to these 3rd tier cities to select forum members (especially non-spanish speakers) on the forum. PM if you want details.

Mixx

Third tier cities

mixx,

have you uploaded any new stuff on youtube or ur website?

Third tier cities

Quote: (12-20-2011 02:12 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

mixx,

have you uploaded any new stuff on youtube or ur website?

Put my project on hold, spent $10,000USD and went over-budget filming. I need to rethink my business plan.

MIxx

Third tier cities

Not sure if it might be too small, but a place I can think of in Minas Gerais (Brazil) is Ouro Preto, a historic city with a baroque feel.

Although small (70277 pop. according to wikipedia) it has an active cultural life, with occasional music festivals and known for a good carnival. And as far as I can tell, girls in the south of Minas are quite nice and not as "tainted". I have some reasons to belive that girls in other parts of Minas, specifically cities closer to the border with São Paulo, are not as nice.

Just off the top of my head, other smaller towns in Brazil that can be nice:

Torres (Rio Grande do Sul)
Balneário de Camboriú (Santa Catarina)
Cascavel (Paraná)
Blumenau (for the Brazilian girls with German decent; known for a massive "Oktoberfest"/ Santa Catarina)
Resende (RJ)
Juíz de Fora (Minas, I heard it has a good student life)
Barbacena (my favourite city in the South of Minas)

If I think of other places I'll add here.

Third tier cities

I suppose it depends on a couple of things: your definition of 3rd tier and the geography.
A city of 50,000 might be pretty promising if it is a bit isolated and is a regional center that draws the smart/attractive from nearby towns/villages.
But if it is within the orbit of a major 2nd tier city or capital, it will likely suck, as anyone capable and any hot lizard, will have migrated to the bigger place

Third tier cities

agreed, the real hotties tend to get out of those tiny cities and head for the bigger places with more opportunity. having said that (as roosh said) u can land a diamond in the rough that has been untainted.

Third tier cities

2nd and 3rd tier cities are a strange phenomenon. I find when I go them girls are crawling all over you and look you up and down like a piece of meat.

I think they can just sense you're an out of towner before you even speak - and not in the obvious skin colour etc type of way. I've had this happen even in my own country.

I might give third tier cities a try on my upcoming trip to Argentina - thoughts? I was thinking Rosario or Cordoba, but I may give some relatively untested pastures a try.

Third tier cities

I would think language would be a huge barrier in most 3rd tier cities.

Every 1st tier city in the world has some english speakers.
Most 2nd tier cities, especially in "westernized" countries should have english speakers.
I think the farther east and farther from the capital you will run into cities where no one speaks english and I think Poland may fall into this category.

Hell I have been to cities in Quebec where I don't run into a single english speaker!

Third tier cities

My question is, can we find unspoiled (relatively) girls in third tier US cities? I'm thinking in the mid-West somewhere. Like what about Cedar Rapids, Eau Claire, Wichita Falls, etc. (I just randomly picked those from a map) Or Wilmington, NC?

Third tier cities

My advice to this has to be two things.

i) Speak the language
ii) Have an interest outside of banging.

Now ii) may at first sound bizarre on this site, but your mind is alert and you have to occupy it. Chasing poon in 1st and 2nd tier cities means you have options. The processing and filtering of these options is part and parcel of occupying your mind. You are discerning information as it makes itself available in your environment, however this more likely than not won't exist in 3rd cities or smaller.

People can do second tier cities because many have sites of interest, as in themselves they offer stimulus. Third tier cities will have one or two things, and then what do you do? You see the birth place of Prince Dickhold IV, born in 1456, and that's about it.

Now your other interest may be plugging in to write more, it may be starting a business that is not present in the city. It may be to study, it may be to surf, do a martial art, f*ck.. take part in archaelogical digging. But your reason to stay in such a city will not be satisfied by banging alone.

Third tier cities

Quote: (12-20-2011 01:10 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I love the second-tier travel style (http://www.rooshv.com/the-benefits-of-li...l-cities), but I wonder if in due time those will be slightly spoiled as mainstream tourists recognize that first-tier cities are tourist traps with little culture.

For the purest women, I think third-tier travel will be necessary for countries that are being rapidly Westernized. Has anyone tried this out? Which cities have you been? By third-tier I mean random cities under 250,000 people that are not in the guidebook. You've never heard of them before and research on the internet comes up with mostly blanks. There will not be a single hotel or hostel that you can book online. Visiting one will be an experience in randomness.

Pros: Great responses. Untainted women who see you as a bridge to a better future.

Cons: No nightlife until the weekend. Nothing to really do. Hard to find any type of lodging. Small size means you will not rack up a lot of notches but will get one or two "good" girls (this could be a pro for some).

Maybe not this trip, but for a country like Brazil or Poland I'd be interested in just throwing a dart on a map and visiting the nearest small city to it. As long as it has one club and a central square for day game, I think the pussy rewards would be great, especially for those players who are slowing down and wouldn't mind hanging with just one chick for their stay.

From my experience of visiting tiny towns in Minas Gerais, Brazil, the city needs at least 75,000 people with a relatively compact center.

Its quite complex. The best way to identify "untainted" areas is not to always look at the size of the cities, its to look more at the actual nature of the cities themselves I think, but predominantly looking at what drives the local economies. Sure any small town is going to be relatively untouched, but they are still quite shit to spend more than a week in.

Its not that all Tier 1 cities and capitals are major tourist destinations, its that those cities often tend to have the bulk of a countries major trade. They therefore attract a lot of people who go these hubs looking for work, but at the same time businessmen are in and out of the place constantly. The better the local economy performs and grows the busier those cities will get. Tier 1's tend to become melting pots as a result. Throw into the mix that many are tourist destinations too and the sheer volume of foreigners moving through the place spikes. Tier 1's almost always become more cosmopolitan as a result.

If tourism is driving the local economy, then the size of the city will be irrelevant too. Women who are tourists will be whoring it up because they are on holiday, but the locals will always be a different story. Think of Cartagena or Koh Samui

This is where it gets more complex though. Not all major trading hubs and not all major tourist destinations are going to see foreigners from every corner of the world either. Odessa in the Ukraine is a big trading hub and is a pretty popular tourist destination, but its a trading hub for the east and its a holiday destination predominantly for Eastern Europeans, Russians and people from the middle east. Minsk is a major capital and highly industrialised with good activity, but they dont see westerners at all really.

I have done a hell of a lot of the smaller towns and cities across Russia and EE, but this is because many of the mining sites are in rural areas in the first place. Work took me there. You are right about these places being "purer" but they do come with their own challenges.

Mixx pointed out language, which is going to be the biggest challenge. Another is basic infrastructure, which is often quite crap and makes getting around or living comfortably difficult at times. The other major problem you have is boredom. There is so little to do in some of these places. In saying that, being a foreigner will be a major plus, so overcoming these problems means you will almost always hit gold. You also get to understand the real culture of the people and the more rural you go the more hospitable they become. This is true of almost every country I have ever been to.

My list, be advised very little English spoken, and these are cities that dont get many tourists or westerners, so not really tier 3 so to speak.

Samara, Russia

Women are ridiculous. Industrial, crap city close to an amazing river spoiled by soviet concrete box apartments and drunkards in all the parks. There are quite a few clubs and drinking holes and its a city of over a million, but you will see very few foreigners there. This is a real Russian city. Russians often talk about the "real Russia" and that is it.

Minsk, Belarus

Its a major capital that is being all but ignored by most of Europe. They dont see tourists and its a country that clearly wishes communism never ended. Its stuck in the 80's.

Vladivostok, Russia

Its a big city that does not see many westerners. There are a lot of the women are mixed Asian and the results are excellent. Tough to get to and one of the reasons why it sees so few tourists. Most of the trade is with Asians, so western businessmen are not as numerous either. There is a ton to do here and the nightlife is pretty good.

Tartu, Estonia

Student town in Estonia. Few hordes here and because there are so many students the nightlife is pretty good and multiple languages will be more common.

Kaunas, Lithuania

Everyone is always talking about Vilnius, when Kaunas is where they should be going. The hordes are going to be descending on Vilnius soon enough and you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be a budget travel destination soon. Kaunas on the other hand will have a lot left in it. Its another student town, but it has really good nightlife. There is quite a bit of business that is done there, so while you see foreigners they are rarely westerners. You dont get many tourists, most of the tourism is in Vilnius. The only way to get there is by bus or train, but infrastructure is actually pretty good.

Harrys Challenge to anyone:

Tiraspol, Moldova

No airport. Its only has like one major street. Its not even really in Moldova, its like an independent disputed state within Moldova that only Russia recognises. Its run by the mafia and soviet bankers. English has never even been heard on anything but the one TV they share. The only way to get there is by bus from Odessa or Chisinau, and you need to bribe the border guards to get in and out.

Hotels are crap. Food is crap. Nightlife is crap. The tourists are normally too afraid to get off the bus.

If you can speak even a little broken Russian though, there is gold in them thar hills. There are actually a few bars and shitty clubs and there is not a foreigner in sight. Base yourself out of Odessa and head over for a week tops, but it is as untouched as it gets.

It looks like I have a 3 week stint in Turkmenistan coming up late March. Have not been there since 98, but Im being told things have improved a lot. Ill get a report out when its done.

Also, with regards to the hotties leaving the smaller towns, this is not true. Many leave to study and work, but just as many stay behind.

Third tier cities

Quote: (12-20-2011 07:50 PM)Menace Wrote:  

My question is, can we find unspoiled (relatively) girls in third tier US cities? I'm thinking in the mid-West somewhere. Like what about Cedar Rapids, Eau Claire, Wichita Falls, etc. (I just randomly picked those from a map) Or Wilmington, NC?

I graduate college in Wilmington NC.

Third tier cities

Quote: (12-21-2011 01:25 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

I graduate college in Wilmington NC.

I used to work at Buddy's on Wrightsville Beach as a second job. Wilmington is ok but is a shithole compared to Charleston or anywhere in the Tampa Bay Area. The girls are stuck up comparatively. I ran that town hard.

Third tier cities

All I can say is the city better have a college in it, or else most of the young hot girls will have headed elsewhere after 18.
If anyone wants recommendations on good second-tier cities in Bulgaria, here are two: Blagoevgrad and Veliko Tarnovo. Both are in the 50-100k population range, and have teachers colleges that draw young hot girls from surrounding small towns.
3rd tier cities with colleges are Shumen and Svishtov, but 3rd tier is really too small for countries like Bulgaria or Estonia.

Third tier cities

Great insight by Harry.

K-man: Third tier in small countries would essentially be villages, while in a place like Brazil it would still have 500,000 people or more. Maybe a better classification system would be...

1st tier: Tourist city. Heavy play in guidebooks. Hub for discount airfare carriers
2nd tier: Much fewer tourists. Small blurb in guidebooks. More expensive and infrequent flights.
3rd tier: No tourists, only businessmen. Nothing in guidebooks. Lodging logistics is difficult.

Third tier cities

See my report on Fargo, ND.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4655-p...l#pid73493

Mixx

Third tier cities

I think 3rd tier cities are only worth it if you are willing to get entrenched to learn the language. That could take 3 months or more immersed just to be conversational, and during those your ROI will be low. Once you break the language barrier, though, you'll have a grip on the culture and surroundings, the dividends will come in. The biggest investment is time.

3 months @ $2.5K per month=$10K with airfare and stake money.
That's a lot of initial investment.

For me, it would have to be a place I was genuinely interested in, have business potential, and inexpensive. The language would have to be in the top 7 also. For now I'll only target 3rd tier cities in English speaking countries.

Third tier cities

Quote: (12-20-2011 04:43 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Not sure if it might be too small, but a place I can think of in Minas Gerais (Brazil) is Ouro Preto, a historic city with a baroque feel.

Although small (70277 pop. according to wikipedia) it has an active cultural life, with occasional music festivals and known for a good carnival. And as far as I can tell, girls in the south of Minas are quite nice and not as "tainted". I have some reasons to belive that girls in other parts of Minas, specifically cities closer to the border with São Paulo, are not as nice.

Cascavel (Paraná)
Blumenau (for the Brazilian girls with German decent; known for a massive "Oktoberfest"/ Santa Catarina)
Resende (RJ)

Allow me to add Cuiaba in MG. I dated a girl there 8 years ago, and I was just to busy trying to get pussy from so many women, I let her go (she caught me with another woman). I regret it. She was the sweetest little gem I've ever met, she even met my parents and was very playful, and just very lovable woman - yes, she was very beautiful too with ZERO BITCHINESS!!

If there was ever one girl that got away.....it was my sweet Cuiaba garota....I should of married her (in Brazil, not in USA).

Great List AMF, but as I mentioned, I doubt any garotas in these cities Speak English, and if your Portuguese as a gringo is at a beginner level, chances are you will not do so well. Regardless, great cities to hit - how I miss my Cuiaba sweety.

Mixx

Third tier cities

Quote: (12-21-2011 10:05 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Cascavel (Paraná)
Resende (RJ)

Allow me to add Cuiaba in MG. I dated a girl there 8 years ago, and I was just to busy trying to get pussy from so many women, I let her go (she caught me with another woman). I regret it. She was the sweetest little gem I've ever met, she even met my parents and was very playful, and just very lovable woman - yes, she was very beautiful too with ZERO BITCHINESS!!

If there was ever one girl that got away.....it was my sweet Cuiaba garota....I should of married her (in Brazil, not in USA).

Great List AMF, but as I mentioned, I doubt any garotas in these cities Speak English, and if your Portuguese as a gringo is at a beginner level, chances are you will not do so well. Regardless, great cities to hit - how I miss my Cuiaba sweety.

Mixx

Mixx,

You just completely freak me out man! You've been everywhere in Brazil, even off the chart places like Cuiabá! WTF?

I have been to Cuiabá. I had great adventures there, unfortunately nature-wise, and not girl-wise. Cuiabá has great food, great fish, and I love fish...

BUT there is a reason why I don't recommend Cuiabá (I thought of it). It is the HOTTEST city in Brazil. It is known to reach up to 50C (yes!) in summer... and that is simply not bearable.

Cuiabá is crazy... they seem to party well enough, even though it is not so big.. but the crazy thing about it is how wild, savage it is. If you roam off just 10 min from the city center by car, you will be in a wild jungle... and by wild I mean alligators, snakes and jaguars! Not kidding!

It is great for off the beaten track adventure, and I really liked the people there, very warm and friendly, but the weather is too harsh for me to actually reccomend it, too many mosquitos as well... I mean, if you are ok with that, go for it!

And Mixx... hell, where else have you been in Brazil? That is crazy...

cheers

EDIT: MG refers to the state of Minas Gerais, and Cuiabá is the capital of Mato Grosso, which is MT
EDIT 2: Mixx mentioned that the cities aren't that good for english speakers. He is right, but I must say that the southern cities might have a bigger proportion of people speaking english than in other parts... pretty much sure on that.

Third tier cities

Alchevsk/Stakhanov located in far east Ukraine, combined population of about 180,000 inhabitants, a large univeristy called Dunbass State, a great night club called Party Zone, (Alchevsk) another great club called 777 (Stakhanov) on any given night about 3 to one female to male ratio, lots of girls looking for good guys, I ve been told by the locals that guys from as far away as Moscow visit these places in search of a friend/wife, however, pretty much unknown to westerners, need to know Russian, not a lot of locals speak English, the people are very friendly, lots of young beautiful girls. I love visiting these cities, the Ukraine culture is totally unspoild by western influence

Third tier cities

Quote: (12-21-2011 10:43 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

And Mixx... hell, where else have you been in Brazil? That is crazy...

Yeah. Mato Grosso is what I meant, I forgot Minas Gerais is abbreviated that way =)

2nd/3rd tier Cities I've been to in Brazil:

1. Cuiaba - Very hot, but I'm from Miami...I can take the heat!

2. Brasilia (funny I call the capital 2nd tier, 'cuz it really felt like it), I love Brasilia. Girls are very friendly and dtf without issues, especially if you walk around in a suit!

3. Bahia - friendly women, but had more fun at spot 4 below.

4. Belem: Very DTF garotas, I mean I did not even try to spit game, it was just "Oi, tudo bem?...Você é uma menina muito bonita, venha aqui e me dar um beijo linda". I was schked at how women just flat-out smiled and COMPLIED WITH THE KISS!!!!!

5. Goiania - yeah, I'm keeping this place to myself...yum-yum! [Image: lol.gif]

6. Natal, Fortaleza....Pretty much the same vibe, and a cool place to kick back.

7. Campo Grande: Mato grosso do Sul. I found a lot of blonde garotas here...I liked it a lot.

8. Uberlandia - MG - Its Minas Gerais cara...very friendly Garotas.

I have to look at my passports to see where else [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

Third tier cities

Nice thread. The only problem with such small third tier cities for me would be lack of things to do and keep me amused. I need stuff to see, neighbourhoods to explore and things to keep me occupied as just chasing women isn't enough.

Anyone have any good spots on Thailand that are decent 2nd or 3rd tier cities? I'm headed there soon for 6 months and would happily visit somewhere like this to see how things panned out. Only place I've been which isn't a major stopping point for most tourists is Khon Kaen in Isan which is a well built up and modern business city with a population of 113,754 according to Wiki. It's also a student city so the potential to do well with women is there. I went to visit a girl I'd already met in Bangkok who lured me there with the offer of sex and free drugs (she was a surgeon at a private hospital and stole me pharm drugs) so didn't get a chance to hit on other girls.

Third tier cities

Quote:Quote:

5. Goiania - yeah, I'm keeping this place to myself...yum-yum!

Funny, I want to visit this city when I go back to Brazil. At the country's rapid Westernization pace, I think you pretty much have to do 2nd tier now.

Third tier cities

Cascavel (Paraná)
Resende (RJ)

Obrigado pela lista!

Roosh also lists these second tiers cities for Brazil:

Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Vitoria.

They sound good but for a longer stay I think.

For about 2 weeks holidays, I am interested in knowing what would be the best spot to go (outside of carnivals or special holidays) where you have a lot of middle class Brazilian tourists.

I was in Arraial d'Ajuda / Porto Seguro many years ago and the parties were quite good (I met some nice Elite models from São Paulo :-) but I didn't like Porto Seguro so much (not very safe and hard to go around without a car and such. Arraial d'Ajuda was too small for me)

I wonder if I can find better than Porto Seguro for a blond gringo like me, quite fluent in Portuguese. I have been to places like Fortaleza and Recife and I liked the girls (they liked me too...) but I found them in general way too defiant of gringos because of the sex tourism industry.

I heard about vacation towns full of Brazilian tourists on the coast close to São Paulo and maybe close to São Luis or Belem, I don't remember.

Do you have any info on that?