rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Black Sea Run: Europe's #1 Adventure Road Trip

Have you guys heard of Black Sea Run? One of my international player friends told me about it last year. A few of us talked about doing it last summer but our travel plans that time of year had us in different parts of the world and we just forgot about it. The idea is to form teams and drive cheap cars--less than the price of an ipod--in a two-week race around Europe. Of course, a trip of that nature offers many opportunities to slay local women as well as any chicks who are doing the challenge. I'm thinking of doing it in August 2012. They are offering a 50 Euro discount if you sign up before midnight 12/31/2011. Budapest will be the kickoff city.

http://blacksearun.com/

The link to the promotional video for BSR

http://blacksearun.com/media/videos/

Looks like a lot of fun. Kind of a less crazy version of the Mongol Rally http://www.theadventurists.com/the-adven...ngol-rally

Keep in mind that Kazantip gets very mixed reviews: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2632.html

I'm sure there are other options in Crimea with better pickings for when you end the road trip.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

That actually looks pretty fuckin cool. I can already envision my car with a giant spoiler on the back, and some spinner hub caps lol.

Quote: (12-18-2011 11:33 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Looks like a lot of fun. Kind of a less crazy version of the Mongol Rally http://www.theadventurists.com/the-adven...ngol-rally

Keep in mind that Kazantip gets very mixed reviews: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2632.html

I'm sure there are other options in Crimea with better pickings for when you end the road trip.

Yeah. Me and my friends were thinking that when we were talking about going. Just skip Kazantip for something else. There's a good chance we'd probably never finish the race anyway lol.

That Mongol Rally looks crazy. You've got to be a nutter to drive through Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan like that.

And 10,000 miles is a bit much. After about 3,000 miles I would be saying get me the fuck out of this car. Black Sea Run sounds much more enjoyable.

We've already had a thread for KaZantip. The video on it made it look like paradise, but in reality crazy shit like that isn't very common. Also it's supposedly a sausage fest.

Wow this sounds really cool. Going to research it a bit more. Maybe we can get a team together via the forum?

Wow, this indeed looks awesome! i'm very interested. I'd be up for a forum team to take part in this!

I'm sure we could field a couple of player teams from the forum. I'm in.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (12-19-2011 12:36 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Wow this sounds really cool. Going to research it a bit more. Maybe we can get a team together via the forum?

Quote: (12-19-2011 12:51 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Wow, this indeed looks awesome! i'm very interested. I'd be up for a forum team to take part in this!

Sign me up fellas!

Btw, prizes for most creative car and most interesting souvenir picked up along the way. Lots of possibilities....

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

If you guys plan to ship a car for maximum puss effect I will offer my services to the cause
[attachment=3895]

Would be fun. There are loads of similar things all over the world, Mongol Rally, Rust to Rome, Trabant Trek, Rickshaw Race and probably more. They all tend to cost quite a bit though and as it's a race time is limited which means you spend little time in each place so don't really get to see or do anything. Much better, IMO, to just have your own road trip and take it at a pace that suits you. I road tripped in a VW Camper in Peru and it was great fun.

Quote: (12-19-2011 01:43 PM)KingofScotland Wrote:  

Would be fun. There are loads of similar things all over the world, Mongol Rally, Rust to Rome, Trabant Trek, Rickshaw Race and probably more. They all tend to cost quite a bit though and as it's a race time is limited which means you spend little time in each place so don't really get to see or do anything. Much better, IMO, to just have your own road trip and take it at a pace that suits you. I road tripped in a VW Camper in Peru and it was great fun.

the cool thing about this one though is that there's no real set route or time schedule - you've got 2 whole weeks to cover the entire distance and make it to the party at the end. They've got some checkpoints where you can meet up with other "racers," but there's no requirement to even hit them.

So given the lax guidelines of the race, there's plenty of opportunity to stop and have fun along the way.

Pimpin' ride, El. That would certainly turn some heads. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

It would be great to have at least one person in the team that is mechanically versed, so ElMechanico would be our obvious guy. Can you make it man? Are you up for it?

Quote: (12-19-2011 03:16 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

It would be great to have at least one person in the team that is mechanically versed, so ElMechanico would be our obvious guy. Can you make it man? Are you up for it?
I would love to! I've been thinking about it. What to drive? General lee replica? Trashed out flame shooting Pacer? A-team van?

Or
[attachment=3896]
With Roosh's avatar on the hood instead of the bird

My take is this: the race is cool but why do we have to pay them up to 450 euros to participate? The only tangible thing we get from that is stickers. It doesn't even include the 100 euro fee to Kazantip, which I'm skeptical is worth it anyway.

How about instead of paying these guys, we create our own Black Sea Fuck Tour with feedback from everyone via a subforum here? We can start planning now, have something ironed out by April, and then get together in teams of 2-4 to start a more leisurely race that gives us a chance to bang local women. This could also serve as a forum meetup, something we've never done.

Thoughts?

Quote: (12-19-2011 04:11 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

My take is this: the race is cool but why do we have to pay them up to 450 euros to participate? The only tangible thing we get from that is stickers. It doesn't even include the 100 euro fee to Kazantip, which I'm skeptical is worth it anyway.

How about instead of paying these guys, we create our own Black Sea Fuck Tour with feedback from everyone via a subforum here? We can start planning now, have something ironed out by April, and then get together in teams of 2-4 to start a more leisurely race that gives us a chance to bang local women. This could also serve as a forum meetup, something we've never done.

Thoughts?

Great idea. This way we can plan an itinerary that will maximise our pussy chasing opportunities.

Buying a used car is actually not that easy from what I'm reading over at Lonely Planet:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/th...ID=1930726
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/th...ID=1962993

Probably just cheaper to rent a car. Maybe we can pick 3-6 cities in two weeks, and you can get to each one however you wish. I guess it wouldn't be a race then, just a regular travel tour. Maybe max it out at 20 guys or so. In cities we can split up in 5 or 6 groups.

I guess people need to decide if they rather do a race, or rather go for girls. Depending on that our methods will vary.

Thoughts?

I think the only real benefit of the contest was the camraderie (amongst the team but also with the other teams) and having a good reason for doing the tour to tell people we ran into along the way. Being part of something big that people would recognize when they saw us on the road I guess.

Also, isn't it 250 euros if you register by February 29?

Anyhow, doing a roosh forum thing could be a real blast as well and a chance to meet like-minded people. I was going to suggest something similar but wasn't sure how many would be on board. Looking forward to seeing where this idea goes.

If there are enough people for separate groups, I think making some kind of competition or scavenger hunt out of it would be a lot of fun.

Beyond All Seas

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea. Also cool to meet people from the forum and create more than an e-friendship. Would be a great way to network for future traveling and bring forum members together. Can see it leading to a lot more forum members going to the same cities together and instantly having social circles, kind of like the Chiang Mai thread and Alis thread. Always more fun for me to end up in a city where I know at least one cool person who I can party and kick it with.

I know Emech personally. Getting in a car with him is like a cross between Mad Max/Death Race 2000/Cannon Ball Run. My only advice is to buckle up.

I would be willing to lend in my mechanical knowledge and drive it like I stole it.

Thoughts?

I'm in!
All over this like a rash! [Image: banana.gif]

Layercake

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son."

My Facebook Profile

I'm definitely interested in a road trip like this, but I have a few issues with the Black Sea Run specifically:

1. 250-450 euro entry fee. Like Roosh said, those are some expensive stickers.
2. 12 countries in 14 days. That's way too fast for my taste; I'd much rather spend at least 3-4 days in one place at a time.
3. Shitbox car. It's all fun and games until it breaks down in rural Albania. Also, licensing/insurance could be a real issue.
4. kaZantip. No interest in going to this - has all the signs on a now overrated sausage-fest.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (12-19-2011 04:44 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Buying a used car is actually not that easy from what I'm reading over at Lonely Planet:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/th...ID=1930726
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/th...ID=1962993

Probably just cheaper to rent a car. Maybe we can pick 3-6 cities in two weeks, and you can get to each one however you wish. I guess it wouldn't be a race then, just a regular travel tour. Maybe max it out at 20 guys or so. In cities we can split up in 5 or 6 groups.

I guess people need to decide if they rather do a race, or rather go for girls. Depending on that our methods will vary.

Sounds dope. Maybe some combo of a race to get the most flags in each place within a certain time. Split up into teams and make it into some kind of fun competition. We can workout the logistics in the coming months.