rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Belo Horizonte, Brazil Data Sheet

I've been living in Belo Horizonte, Brazil for about three months now and I want to break down my experience here in a way that is useful for those who are considering making a move here.

Overview:
Belo Horizonte, or BH (bay-agah) as it is commonly referred as, is the third largest city in Brazil with 5,397,438 inhabitants, located in the state of Minas Gerais (my avatar is the flag of MG). It is the bar capital of South America, with more bars per capita than any other place on the continent (and the world?). Because it doesn't have a beach or any other sites of tourist interest, it is often overlooked by short term travelers. Indeed, it doesn't have much to offer if you're just passing through for a few days.

That being said, there are many advantages that the city has over places like Sao Paulo and Rio. Since not many gringos come here, your exotic status will be higher and you won't have to worry about the sex-tourist stigma that exists in Rio. Though it is a big city, most of the places you will find yourself at are clumped in a relatively small area, and you won't spend more than 30 minutes on the bus to get somewhere.

Areas of the City:
Savassi: This is the richest area of the city and is home to many high end bars and clubs. If you walk around Savassi you will come to understand the word "Patricinha" because women here tend to be more stuck up and superficial than in other parts of the city. I recently attended a Ben Harper concert in this area, and a girl nearby me was on her iPhone the entire time, talking to her friends on Facebook. The women in this area are pretty hot and you won't find too many fatties. For day game go to Patio Savassi and spit game at the patricinha women you find there.

Sion: There are some good bars here, the most noteworthy being the Irish-Australian Pub Bar do John. Because of the English speaking happy hour that is held here every three weeks, it has earned a reputation for the place where Gringos hang out. If you're looking for Gringo Hunters, this is the place to go. Because of noise complaints the bar will be relocating in the next few months, so check http://www.bardojohn.com.br/ for the current address.

This is also the area where most of the gringos I know live because of its lower costs and proximity to Savassi.

Centro: Kind of a dump and can be dangerous at night. This is the place you will go to during the day to buy clothes, appliances and other nick nacks. It is also home to the mercado central which has some restaurants that serve typical mineiro food, as well as a cachaca store that has several hundred different types of cachaca for sale.

Rent here is pretty cheap but you probably won't enjoy living here. There are a lot of bars and samba clubs here, but I haven't been to any of them.

Santa Tereza:
This is where your author currently resides. Santa Tereza is one of the oldest neighborhoods in BH and has a very bohemian feel to it. People that live here are very proud of their bairro because it is where Milton Nascimento lead the Clube da Esquina movement.

I'm pretty happy living here because I'm paying R$600 per month for rent (including utilities) in a big house with 2 others. While nowhere in Brazil is absolutely safe, ST doesn't have a reputation for crime like in other neighborhoods.

Pampulha: I mention this neighborhood because it is home to the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais and a large student population. It's kind of out of the way from the rest of the city so I wouldn't recommend living here unless you want to go after college girls full time.

There are a few neighborhoods that I've excluded because I don't know too much about them. So just because I haven't mentioned something here doesn't mean its not worth looking in to.

Renting an apartment:

This is going to be a bitch to pull off. I stayed with friends for about 2 months while I was looking for an apartment. To rent an apartment in BH you need to have a CPF, 2 fiadores with a steady job (co-signers who agree to pay your rent if you disappear) and agree to a minimum 12 month rent. Most places I looked at wanted somewhere between 24-36 month contracts. The only reason I am able to live where I am is because one of my roommates has permanent residency status and he signed the lease for the house for 24 months.

More temporary accommodations are available, but options are limited. I recommend using http://www.couchsurfing.com for when you first get here, then going on to Easy Quarto to find a room to rent. These sites might also be useful:
http://www.zap.com.br/aluguel-temporada/...vel/?org=1
http://belo-horizonte.vivastreet.com.br/

Try searching for "aluguel temporada BH" on google to find sites that rent for shorter durations of time.

Getting Around:
I mostly walk and take the bus to get around. It's very easy to find which bus to take because the system is integrated with google maps. In Sao Paulo google often mislead me, but the route information is up to date for BH. Fares will be between R$1.75 and 2.40.

Taxis have meters, so if you don't know the city and don't speak Portuguese its possible to be taken for a ride. To go from Santa Tereza to Savassi the fare is around R$10. To go to clubs on the outskirts of town such as Swingers or the Hard Rock Cafe expect to pay around R$25.

English Teaching:

BH is an excellent place to teach English. There is a huge demand for native speakers and not much of a supply. Know your worth as a teacher and don't work for anything less than R$28 an hour. Teaching to private students you can charge up to R$50 an hour. The hours most demanded are 7:30-9, 12-2, and 6-8. If you work for a school they will probably put you to work during those hours.

While it doesn't hurt to have things like experience, a teaching certification or a college degree, not having these things wont prevent you from getting a job. I know several gringos who have none of these things but still managed to find a job. If you present yourself professionally and act confidently when asked why you would be a good teacher you won't have trouble getting a job. If you're introduced to a school by the right person then a job is pretty much guaranteed. If you're serious about coming here to work as an English teacher, drop me a PM and I'll help you out, provided that you don't come across as a sleazebag.

Cost of Living
Rent will be somewhere between 300 and 1000 per month depending on the area you choose.
Set lunches are somewhere around R$9, and per kilo restaurants vary from R$13-25 per kilo.
Entrada at clubs around Savassi will be R$25-40, and R$10-15 in most other neighborhoods.
Beer can vary between R$3-7 depending on the venue, and a big bottle of beer that you share with friends will be around R$4-5.
A dozen eggs costs 2.50, a kilo of rice costs about 1, a kilo of beans costs around 1.
A 500g bowl of acai costs R$7.
I've only been able to find acai juice around the centro, and its usually R$5 for a 500 ml glass.

Women
Its common for Brazilians to say that there are anywhere between 2 and 37 women for every man in BH, but thats an outright lie. The truth is closer to a 3-2 ratio. Women here love wearing high heels and showing off their ample cleavage. They can be a bit difficult though, and I haven't had any success with any woman that passes the ego test. So far my ONS have been with hogs that aren't worth mentioning. Don't take my experience as authority, I'm young, overweight and still developing my game. My roommate has blonde hair, blue eyes and solid inner game and he has girls fighting over him. English isn't very common here so you will need to have at least basic Portuguese to get with girls here.

Nightlife
I haven't really figured this part of BH out yet. Ever since my experience at Swingers Club I've never gone out alone and will tag along to wherever someone invites me to. A lot of the places I've been to are sit down bars that aren't conducive to hooking up. I would avoid Bhar Savassi since it has a $25 cover and not much integration between groups. I think your best bet is to go to the English Happy Hour at Bar do John and meet girls there.

Here are some pictures from Chalezinho. Roosh had this to say, "A club like Chalezinho is where dreams are made." I haven't been yet, but when I ask Brazilians for nightlife recommendations they always say Chalezinho and Swingers in the same breath, so I'm not too optimistic about Chalezinho.

Misc
Most of the gringos I know here either came here because they work in the Mining or Oil industry or because they married a Brazilian and moved back to her home town. There is also a segment of the gringo population that came here with a Brazilian wife, got divorced and are stuck here because they want to be close to their kids but can't take them back to their home country because Brazilian law favors women in those cases. They form a group that gets together to drink beers and talk about how much they hate Brazil and women in general. Stay away from them.

There is an English Speaking Happy Hour hosted every 3 weeks that is definitely worth checking out. I stumbled upon it during my first week here and it was through contacts I made there that I was able to find work as an English teacher. The event has been going on for about 9 months now and is growing in popularity. At the last one there were over 100 people who showed up, many of them women. It's held at Bar do John and is a great place to meet gringo hunters.

BH has a ton of opportunity as it is a host city for the World Cup in 2014. If you come here now you can start working on businesses that will cater to that crowd. I would very much like to see someone with a lot of cash come here and start a business that does temporary rentals for foreigners. The internet in Brazil is still in its infancy so if you have Internet Marketing skills this would be the place to put them to use.

I would recommend BH to guys who want to get an authentic Brazilian experience. Mineiro people are very warm and welcoming, and they are the kind of people who will offer you dinner or let you stay at their house within a few minutes of meeting you. Since English isn't very common I HIGHLY recommend you learn some Portuguese before you come here. If you are an open minded and adaptable person who is open to new experiences then you will have a blast here. After you live here a few months you'll understand why they say "Quem te conhece nao esquece jamais" (He who knows you will never forget you) about Minas Gerais.

This site has a list of bars and restuarants in BH:
http://www.guiabh.com.br/

Here is Roosh's report from when he came here:
http://www.rooshv.com/belo-horizonte-bra...avel-guide

Here is my previous Brazil thread:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6148.html

Having been to a couchsurfing party here, I agree with this guy 100%
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8153.html

Questions?

Outstanding data sheet. You mentioned expats in the oil/mining industry. Did you get an idea of what professions they were in? Any data you got on that sector would be appreciated.

Quote: (12-16-2011 09:39 AM)Sardino Wrote:  

I've been living in Belo Horizonte, Brazil for about three months now and I want to break down my experience here in a way that is useful for those who are considering making a move here.

Overview:
Belo Horizonte, or BH (bay-agah) as it is commonly referred as, is the third largest city in Brazil with 5,397,438 inhabitants, located in the state of Minas Gerais (my avatar is the flag of MG). It is the bar capital of South America, with more bars per capita than any other place on the continent (and the world?). Because it doesn't have a beach or any other sites of tourist interest, it is often overlooked by short term travelers. Indeed, it doesn't have much to offer if you're just passing through for a few days.

That being said, there are many advantages that the city has over places like Sao Paulo and Rio. Since not many gringos come here, your exotic status will be higher and you won't have to worry about the sex-tourist stigma that exists in Rio. Though it is a big city, most of the places you will find yourself at are clumped in a relatively small area, and you won't spend more than 30 minutes on the bus to get somewhere.

Areas of the City:
Savassi: This is the richest area of the city and is home to many high end bars and clubs. If you walk around Savassi you will come to understand the word "Patricinha" because women here tend to be more stuck up and superficial than in other parts of the city. I recently attended a Ben Harper concert in this area, and a girl nearby me was on her iPhone the entire time, talking to her friends on Facebook. The women in this area are pretty hot and you won't find too many fatties. For day game go to Patio Savassi and spit game at the patricinha women you find there.

Sion: There are some good bars here, the most noteworthy being the Irish-Australian Pub Bar do John. Because of the English speaking happy hour that is held here every three weeks, it has earned a reputation for the place where Gringos hang out. If you're looking for Gringo Hunters, this is the place to go. Because of noise complaints the bar will be relocating in the next few months, so check http://www.bardojohn.com.br/ for the current address.

This is also the area where most of the gringos I know live because of its lower costs and proximity to Savassi.

Centro: Kind of a dump and can be dangerous at night. This is the place you will go to during the day to buy clothes, appliances and other nick nacks. It is also home to the mercado central which has some restaurants that serve typical mineiro food, as well as a cachaca store that has several hundred different types of cachaca for sale.

Rent here is pretty cheap but you probably won't enjoy living here. There are a lot of bars and samba clubs here, but I haven't been to any of them.

Santa Tereza:
This is where your author currently resides. Santa Tereza is one of the oldest neighborhoods in BH and has a very bohemian feel to it. People that live here are very proud of their bairro because it is where Milton Nascimento lead the Clube da Esquina movement.

I'm pretty happy living here because I'm paying R$600 per month for rent (including utilities) in a big house with 2 others. While nowhere in Brazil is absolutely safe, ST doesn't have a reputation for crime like in other neighborhoods.

Pampulha: I mention this neighborhood because it is home to the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais and a large student population. It's kind of out of the way from the rest of the city so I wouldn't recommend living here unless you want to go after college girls full time.

There are a few neighborhoods that I've excluded because I don't know too much about them. So just because I haven't mentioned something here doesn't mean its not worth looking in to.

Renting an apartment:

This is going to be a bitch to pull off. I stayed with friends for about 2 months while I was looking for an apartment. To rent an apartment in BH you need to have a CPF, 2 fiadores with a steady job (co-signers who agree to pay your rent if you disappear) and agree to a minimum 12 month rent. Most places I looked at wanted somewhere between 24-36 month contracts. The only reason I am able to live where I am is because one of my roommates has permanent residency status and he signed the lease for the house for 24 months.

More temporary accommodations are available, but options are limited. I recommend using http://www.couchsurfing.com for when you first get here, then going on to Easy Quarto to find a room to rent. These sites might also be useful:
http://www.zap.com.br/aluguel-temporada/...vel/?org=1
http://belo-horizonte.vivastreet.com.br/

Try searching for "aluguel temporada BH" on google to find sites that rent for shorter durations of time.

Getting Around:
I mostly walk and take the bus to get around. It's very easy to find which bus to take because the system is integrated with google maps. In Sao Paulo google often mislead me, but the route information is up to date for BH. Fares will be between R$1.75 and 2.40.

Taxis have meters, so if you don't know the city and don't speak Portuguese its possible to be taken for a ride. To go from Santa Tereza to Savassi the fare is around R$10. To go to clubs on the outskirts of town such as Swingers or the Hard Rock Cafe expect to pay around R$25.

English Teaching:

BH is an excellent place to teach English. There is a huge demand for native speakers and not much of a supply. Know your worth as a teacher and don't work for anything less than R$28 an hour. Teaching to private students you can charge up to R$50 an hour. The hours most demanded are 7:30-9, 12-2, and 6-8. If you work for a school they will probably put you to work during those hours.

While it doesn't hurt to have things like experience, a teaching certification or a college degree, not having these things wont prevent you from getting a job. I know several gringos who have none of these things but still managed to find a job. If you present yourself professionally and act confidently when asked why you would be a good teacher you won't have trouble getting a job. If you're introduced to a school by the right person then a job is pretty much guaranteed. If you're serious about coming here to work as an English teacher, drop me a PM and I'll help you out, provided that you don't come across as a sleazebag.

Cost of Living
Rent will be somewhere between 300 and 1000 per month depending on the area you choose.
Set lunches are somewhere around R$9, and per kilo restaurants vary from R$13-25 per kilo.
Entrada at clubs around Savassi will be R$25-40, and R$10-15 in most other neighborhoods.
Beer can vary between R$3-7 depending on the venue, and a big bottle of beer that you share with friends will be around R$4-5.
A dozen eggs costs 2.50, a kilo of rice costs about 1, a kilo of beans costs around 1.
A 500g bowl of acai costs R$7.
I've only been able to find acai juice around the centro, and its usually R$5 for a 500 ml glass.

Women
Its common for Brazilians to say that there are anywhere between 2 and 37 women for every man in BH, but thats an outright lie. The truth is closer to a 3-2 ratio. Women here love wearing high heels and showing off their ample cleavage. They can be a bit difficult though, and I haven't had any success with any woman that passes the ego test. So far my ONS have been with hogs that aren't worth mentioning. Don't take my experience as authority, I'm young, overweight and still developing my game. My roommate has blonde hair, blue eyes and solid inner game and he has girls fighting over him. English isn't very common here so you will need to have at least basic Portuguese to get with girls here.

Nightlife
I haven't really figured this part of BH out yet. Ever since my experience at Swingers Club I've never gone out alone and will tag along to wherever someone invites me to. A lot of the places I've been to are sit down bars that aren't conducive to hooking up. I would avoid Bhar Savassi since it has a $25 cover and not much integration between groups. I think your best bet is to go to the English Happy Hour at Bar do John and meet girls there.

Here are some pictures from Chalezinho. Roosh had this to say, "A club like Chalezinho is where dreams are made." I haven't been yet, but when I ask Brazilians for nightlife recommendations they always say Chalezinho and Swingers in the same breath, so I'm not too optimistic about Chalezinho.

Misc
Most of the gringos I know here either came here because they work in the Mining or Oil industry or because they married a Brazilian and moved back to her home town. There is also a segment of the gringo population that came here with a Brazilian wife, got divorced and are stuck here because they want to be close to their kids but can't take them back to their home country because Brazilian law favors women in those cases. They form a group that gets together to drink beers and talk about how much they hate Brazil and women in general. Stay away from them.

There is an English Speaking Happy Hour hosted every 3 weeks that is definitely worth checking out. I stumbled upon it during my first week here and it was through contacts I made there that I was able to find work as an English teacher. The event has been going on for about 9 months now and is growing in popularity. At the last one there were over 100 people who showed up, many of them women. It's held at Bar do John and is a great place to meet gringo hunters.

BH has a ton of opportunity as it is a host city for the World Cup in 2014. If you come here now you can start working on businesses that will cater to that crowd. I would very much like to see someone with a lot of cash come here and start a business that does temporary rentals for foreigners. The internet in Brazil is still in its infancy so if you have Internet Marketing skills this would be the place to put them to use.

I would recommend BH to guys who want to get an authentic Brazilian experience. Mineiro people are very warm and welcoming, and they are the kind of people who will offer you dinner or let you stay at their house within a few minutes of meeting you. Since English isn't very common I HIGHLY recommend you learn some Portuguese before you come here. If you are an open minded and adaptable person who is open to new experiences then you will have a blast here. After you live here a few months you'll understand why they say "Quem te conhece nao esquece jamais" (He who knows you will never forget you) about Minas Gerais.

This site has a list of bars and restuarants in BH:
http://www.guiabh.com.br/

Here is Roosh's report from when he came here:

Here is my previous Brazil thread:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6148.html

Having been to a couchsurfing party here, I agree with this guy 100%
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8153.html

Questions?

Nice sheet bro. Very honest assessment. I'll be sure to pass this info onto my friend who should be heading there around NYE. Thanks.

great sheet minus the exclusion of the nightlife intel.

why have you need been going out and exploring the nightlife? have you just been meeting DTF girls in the day time?

i think you should find out where the young working - middle class ppl go with raunchy dancing! good times are sure to be had at a place like that imo

Quote: (12-16-2011 09:58 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Outstanding data sheet. You mentioned expats in the oil/mining industry. Did you get an idea of what professions they were in? Any data you got on that sector would be appreciated.

It's not something that's really on my radar so I don't have much to say. If some of these guys go to the happy hour tonight I'll try to get some information from them.

Quote: (12-16-2011 10:46 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

great sheet minus the exclusion of the nightlife intel.

why have you need been going out and exploring the nightlife? have you just been meeting DTF girls in the day time?

i think you should find out where the young working - middle class ppl go with raunchy dancing! good times are sure to be had at a place like that imo

My nightlife activity the last few months has been a mix of Happy Hours, house parties, going out with a large group or going out with my wingman. Only by doing those last two do I end up at places that I can report back here about, the problem with going out in groups being that we usually go to a sit down place that isn't conducive to gaming.

I've been a bit passive in my approach and have been feeding off the hogs that throw themselves at me instead of making a dedicated effort to go after quality. I've been working harder than I ever have before in my life and maybe I'm using that as an excuse to not try harder.

When I come back after Christmas I'm going to be making a lot of changes in my routine, including more street approaches and going out more at night.

Good report, +1 from me.

Cool man! Me and my wingman back home have our eyes on BH as possible hunting grounds. I've seen very nice samples of "mineiras" in Rio, and I have a good feeling about the girls there.

Minas is a BIG state, and very varied. The south of Minas, close to the border with Rio is one of the most beautiful regions in Brazil, in my opinion, and the historic cities in Minas are beautiful as well. Ouro Preto, for example, is known for a great carnival.

I have my eyes on Minas, will be hitting it eventually...

What do you think of the food over there? It is very particular to the state.

thank for your detail report! now i know a little about BH. I might have to consider a trip there!!! again thank you for a great comprehensive report on bh.

Quote: (12-16-2011 06:18 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Cool man! Me and my wingman back home have our eyes on BH as possible hunting grounds. I've seen very nice samples of "mineiras" in Rio, and I have a good feeling about the girls there.

Minas is a BIG state, and very varied. The south of Minas, close to the border with Rio is one of the most beautiful regions in Brazil, in my opinion, and the historic cities in Minas are beautiful as well. Ouro Preto, for example, is known for a great carnival.

I have my eyes on Minas, will be hitting it eventually...

What do you think of the food over there? It is very particular to the state.

Minas is a very cool state from what I saw of it and the girls are amazing. I spent some time in Juiz De Fora as well as a couple other real small town to the South. The food there was great! Everything was real fresh. I had a blast there. If you speak Portuguese I'd recommend Juiz De Fora. It had some of the cutest women I saw in Brazil. Check out Cultural (bar), real chill vibe and usually has good live music. The mall I went to had some real tallent as well.

Here comes my report! I was there in September 2011.

Sources I Used

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-613.html

Hotel

We stayed in Express Boulevard, which is very close to the night life area in Savassi, which is probably the best place to be (Savassi is centrally located and quite nice).

Nightlife
  • Savassi, Rua Sergipe (Av. do contorno till Rua Tomé Souza). I guess my preferred area to meet girls. There are some gay people there, but also many straight girls, or maybe you can end up with a lesbian, like I did Smile The area is full of bars and small clubs, e.g. Arcadium bar (Forro place, Roosh was not impressed).
  • Pium-i: street with bars, or rather restaurants. I saw some stunning beauties there.
  • Tizé Bar in Rua Cuitiba has a nice, big outside area (but still, everyone is sitting)
  • Forro: Lapa Multishow, Vinil Cultura Bar
  • Rock: Lord pub (closed), Jack Rock Bar (nice), Studio B, Celtic Pub (bands playing, go there early to find a place, 9:30-10:00 pm)
  • Chalezinho: Roosh said very hot girls, but not easy (Friday and Saturday, maybe Thursday)
  • Swingers club: many hot girls, but also rather young, and I did not succeed (Fr best night)
  • La Cancha: Roosh said: sports bar, high heels, sitting in groups
  • A Obra: Roosh said: like Casa de Matrix in Rio
  • Na sala: a tip from the girls, but they also said it’s too posh (there are people Th, Fr, Sa)
  • Cinquo: a tip from the girls, but they also said nothing happens (I guess they knew what I was looking for)
  • Buddha bar: chill out
I asked many people for nightlife, and it was always the same places that got mentioned. There are thousands of chop bars spread in the city, but those are not the best places to pick up. And otherwise it seems the most popular choices are Swingers and Chalezinho.

My experience

Wednesday (it was a holiday): Pium-i and Rua Sergipe

My friend and me met a very hot girl from the internet with her ok looking friend in Almeneque (restaurant, in the Pium-i street). One could have been a super model, but still she behaved very naturally from the start. In general, the street was full of restaurants with some incredibly hot girls just sitting around and having dinner, more than man.

I go alone in Rua Sergipe afterwards, pick up a Lesbian (that is with her female friends) in the street, we go the gay club at the end of the street, then to her place and fuck. I think she was sniffing cocaine, but had a nice car, a nice big flat. She says she did not have sex with a guy for 6 years.

Thursday: Pium-i and Swingers

Evening: We go to Pium-i (which is less crowded today), start talking to two girls on the table next to us, they are nice, but they want to go to bed early cause they are leaving the city the next day. Then we go to Chalezinho, but till 11pm there are few and disappointing people (no hot girls), therefore we go to Swingers. Also that club just starts, we meet a group of 4 girls, one speaks to my friend, one is totally drunk but keeps coming up to me. The bouncer, whom I befriend, warns me from her, says she is crazy and dangerous, which fits to what I see. Three hot girls, but the guy in the group says all the girls have boyfriends, and they are also not interested. There are some other ok looking girls in the club, but they are completely disinterested in talking to me.

Friday: Ouro Preto, Couchsurfing Party, private party, Swingers

Ouro Preto: we spent there an afternoon; the city is not as good as I hoped from the forum. We see few hot girls, we talk to 3 girls on the main square, they spoke no English and were not that hot. We go to the university, which is quite big considering the size of the city, but see no hot girls. Again on the main square, we see some nice girls, but it turns out that they are tourists. Maybe in the whole town I saw two hot girls. We make some pictures and take the bus back to Belo Horizonte.

Couchsurfing Party: it was terrible, ugly girls, strange guys.

In the place where they had the Couchsurfing meeting, some random chop bar, we saw the girls with the most incredible natural tits, ever. We sit down next to her and her friend, she doesn’t speak English, but she is hot enough for me to fight, I try to get her number, I think she even wanted to give it to me, but her friend stops her. Damn.

We went to a private party we were invited to, it was super boring. After 10 minutes we left to the surprise of everybody, but I have no time to waste.

Swingers: People told us that Friday is THE night in the Swingers. The first 15 minutes it really seems to be heaven. I also find a girl that speaks quite good English, she is interested, but I think I can have something better. But somehow after this first 15 minutes all the hot girls seem to have disappeared. The girls are not particularly friendly, either. I also meet the drunken girl I met in the queue outside, she is friendly, but she is so drunk, doesn’t speak English, doesn’t want to dance, doesn’t want to kiss, and finally runs away.

Saturday: Tizé Bar, Swingers,

Meeting with the hot girl from Wednesday and her friends, already at 5pm. 3 of her friends are men, but they are harmless, and 2 girls, not hot. In the bar, Tizé Bar, there are some other really hot girls, but nearly always with men on their table. Difficult. My friend goes with the hot girl to a salsa (or was it forro?) place afterwards, where according to him the girls were not beautiful.

In the Chalezinho is a concert today, therefore, cause a lack of options, I go to Swingers again. In the queue I meet two nice groups of girls, one of them is really interested, but strangely enough she runs off as soon as we enter the club. Maybe she just needed to get into the club, cause as it turns out, she was only 17! I start some fruitless approaches. The other group of girls from the queue, two girls already had guys (but they disappear during the course of the night), the third one speaks English, wants to dance, but not to kiss. In general, the people in the club are even younger than the day before, less good looking, and not more friendly.

Sunday: A girl from the internet

In the evening I meet a new girl from the Internet, at one point we go to her house which is around the corner cause she needs to go to the toilet (if that was a trick from her, it was clever), she is hot and has huge natural tits, we stay at her place until we finally fuck. Funny: Another girl from the internet, she calls me at one point and I agree to a meeting for the next day, afterwards this new girl calls the girl I am in bed with (turns out they are friends) and they realize the situation. I pretend to be innocent (in the end, I just wanted to meet the other girl), and the next day I have lunch with both of them Smile This other girl is not really hot, but neither ugly, and the horniest girl I have seen in a long time and openly speaks about sex. For example she says: I am a Vegetarian, I only eat sausages! Big Grin

Monday: Other girls from the internet

I meet some other girls from the internet for sightseeing and drinks, but nothing happens.

Conclusion

Locals kept saying that Swingers is the best club to meet girls (they tell you this even when you don’t ask for that kind of info), but I think it is shit. Girls are not particularly friendly, and in general I only saw the really ugly ones making out with some guys. Nearly all girls end the night alone. Rio was better. The other 2 clubs in the city are supposed to be more snobbish, but I had no chance to see them. I should have spent more time in this Chop bars and also in the small clubs/bars around Rua Sergipe.

I just posted in the forum my experiences in most of the cities I have been to!

My parents are currently living in BH and I´ve only been there once to visit them.

I spent a week there and these are my impressions:

- A lot of hot chicks. The gym I went to was filled to the brink with thick women. However, they are not easy.

- BH guys will lie to you and will try to give you bad tips for banging women. They aren´t like guys in SP, who will welcome and be curious about other people most of the time.

- Social game seems to be a must in BH (not my forte). Direct game is a no no, even in night venues (it works wonders in SP and Rio, but will only get you rejected in BH).

- Be prepared to pay for dates. Mineiras are very sweet on the outside but are master manipulators and will try to get you to act like a "traditional gentleman" (in other words, pay for everything).

I would say that a guy needs at least about 3-4 weeks and a pad in order to work his game and get bangs with worthy chicks in BH. It´s not like Rio and SP, where it´s easy to pull ONS.
Social game is crucial. I have a friend there who dances forro very well, has rasta hair and looks like a beggar and still has hot girls all over him.
Getting a girlfriend there will serve as strong social proof. All of the big players I know in BH have girlfriends, as opposed to the ones in SP (most are single because girlfriends would only waste their time).

In conclusion, I have to admit that I still haven´t cracked the code in BH. The girls are very hot indeed, but they do seem to take a big effort.

If this is the local talent ,it seems like an interesting place..especially if they are traditional.
Hot and sexy but good wifey material!

Quote: (02-01-2012 09:09 AM)Brazilianguy Wrote:  

I would say that a guy needs at least about 3-4 weeks and a pad in order to work his game and get bangs with worthy chicks in BH. It´s not like Rio and SP, where it´s easy to pull ONS.
Social game is crucial. I have a friend there who dances forro very well, has rasta hair and looks like a beggar and still has hot girls all over him.
Getting a girlfriend there will serve as strong social proof. All of the big players I know in BH have girlfriends, as opposed to the ones in SP (most are single because girlfriends would only waste their time).
100% accurate.

I'm Mr.GM and I approve this message.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Couldn't live in Brazil without being near the Sea, man's got to live out his dreams

Anyone met up with these chicks yet ?
They learn their rhythm ,seduction and dancing skills young in Belo [Image: smile.gif]

Must be difficult to be these girls Daddy... thinking of them in the club with every guy with a pulse getting a boner!

Quote: (02-07-2012 09:02 AM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

Anyone met up with these chicks yet ?

Honestly?

I never go for these "funk" girls. Hot as they -might- be, I can't relate with them in no way. I do mean no way, I just cannot vibe with these types. There are plenty of hot girls in Brazil away from that nieche, no need for me to go for these girls.

And I hate funk music AND funk parties.

And there are plenty of golddigers in that nieche.

Not my cup of tea.

Quote:sardino Wrote:

My roommate has blonde hair, blue eyes and solid inner game and he has girls fighting over him

You mention that being overweight is crippling you, well, it is to a certain degree. However, your roommate is not getting the results you mention and girls fighting over him because he is not overweight, or has tight game - nope.

He is simply blonde, blue-eyed, and as long as he is not morbidly obese, will do jus as good. One just has to look proportionate to his height. However, NO game required at all if you have blonde/blue-eyes! ZERO!! Hell, you can even be a beta chump, and STILL KILL IT with blonde hair/blue-eyes.

BH is one of those areas where just having blue-eyes is enough to be the "talk of the town", you do not need the body of a chiseled athlete. As a matter of fact, I had the same up-hill battles you did in BH as I mentioned to you in our PM discussions, and I was not overweight when I was in BH, I have tight-lid game, and I still had a hard time in BH. Why? because I look like a typical Brazilian (I just dress a lot better).

Go to Cuiaba, Brasilia, and Goiania if you want to get better results.

BH, imo, is over-rated, and girls are just as snobby as Sampa.

Mixx

Hi, Mixx.
Did you have a hard time in SP?

I´m not blond or blue eyed (just caucasian), but in my experience there are plenty of hot chicks in town who are also easy to talk to and flirt.

But I agree that if you stick to the preppy and VIP places in SP all you´ll get will be snobby princesses.

Quote: (02-07-2012 10:29 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

My roommate has blonde hair, blue eyes and solid inner game and he has girls fighting over him

You mention that being overweight is crippling you, well, it is to a certain degree. However, your roommate is not getting the results you mention and girls fighting over him because he is not overweight, or has tight game - nope.

He is simply blonde, blue-eyed, and as long as he is not morbidly obese, will do jus as good. One just has to look proportionate to his height. However, NO game required at all if you have blonde/blue-eyes! ZERO!! Hell, you can even be a beta chump, and STILL KILL IT with blonde hair/blue-eyes.

BH is one of those areas where just having blue-eyes is enough to be the "talk of the town", you do not need the body of a chiseled athlete. As a matter of fact, I had the same up-hill battles you did in BH as I mentioned to you in our PM discussions, and I was not overweight when I was in BH, I have tight-lid game, and I still had a hard time in BH. Why? because I look like a typical Brazilian (I just dress a lot better).

Mixx

Yes Mixx, i would not recommend Belo Horizonte to any newbie going to Brazil. Though, if you are in Brazil for the long term, it has decent potential, if you are a blondie or if your portuguese is solid. Mineiras are somewhat close minded, conservative and simple....but in IMO they are hotter in general than the paisas in Medellin.
As to Curitiba, Brasilia and Goiania .....Brasilia takes the cake as the easiest city to get laid, though the girls are hotter in the 2 other cities. Next year, I will try Goiania for 2 months since there is no detailed data on the forum yet. Though, pipelining through the internet wasnt as easy in Goiania as in Brasilia. So day and night game seem like the bests bets to do well there.

Mixx

Yeah , Mixx is right , I have a german-Brazilian friend and that mothafucka slays like a Jedi , just because he is tall, blond and blue eyed
(He is very fragile physically). I got so pissed off that I don't really want to hang out with him in clubs anymore!!

*Mixx, did you received that MP I've sent you about that model in Miami? , I haven't heard from you , I could try to talk to this friend I have in the US to see if she knows her wel..let me know bro

Quote: (02-07-2012 11:11 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

*Mixx, did you received that MP I've sent you about that model in Miami? , I haven't heard from you , I could try to talk to this friend I have in the US to see if she knows her wel..let me know bro

Yeah, I did, I've been running around a lot preparing for my trip to Poland next month, so, I'll pass on her for now as I got a full plate =)

Cara, you and I need to be where latin men are chased like blondies in BH, you should come with me to Poland to chase blonde pussy in April/May, seriously! I am trying to get there and leave BEFORE the Euro Cup 2012 fucks everything up for us big time!

Word is the local blonde poly girls LOVE latin men there, you being Brazilian should be killer!!

Mixx

Mixx

I have been to places were being blond and blue eyes would get me laid - Belo Horizonte was not one of them.

Quote: (02-07-2012 03:34 PM)european_lover Wrote:  

I have been to places were being blond and blue eyes would get me laid - Belo Horizonte was not one of them.

You're the first case I've heard of. All my blonde/blue-eyed buddies get laid in BH, all of them, without effort/game - one even had a beer gut, but he was 6'4 (1.90m) in height. Even our native Brazilian expert, Mr. GM confirms this. Granted they still had to approach, but all they really had to do was not fuck it up, the pussy was in the bag.

Sucks to be you I guess. [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

LOL.

Lets just say that as a 1st Tier city , Belo Horizonte will require more work , what is totally normal since in a big city people are more educated , have more options , more money so bitch shield increases a lil bit. They will not jump naked on your lap just because your blond (in 2nd tier Norte/Nordeste cities this is pretty much what happens).

But no one can deny that being the stereotype gringo will do almost all the work for you , but you have to approach and don't screw up.

Quote: (02-07-2012 03:37 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (02-07-2012 03:34 PM)european_lover Wrote:  

You're the first case I've heard of. All my blonde/blue-eyed buddies get laid in BH, all of them, without effort/game - one even had a beer gut, but he was 6'4 (1.90m) in height. Even our native Brazilian expert, Mr. GM confirms this.

Sucks to be you I guess. :laugh:

Mixx

It's interesting to see how you respond to people who had different experiences than you. I am out of this thread.