rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2014 Brazil World Cup Match Schedule and Locations
014 Brazil World Cup Match Schedule and Locations
I know some of you guys will probably be down in Brazil to catch the World Cup in 2014. FIFA just published the match schedule and game locations on its website recently.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/matchschedule.html
Quote: (12-13-2011 11:12 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I was kinda surprised to see that there won't be any games in Sao Paulo.

Yes there are, 1 of the Semi-finals among others.

I'd give an arm and a leg to go but the Brasilian Real has really taken of the last few years and is likely to continue on that heading with Brazils growing oil riches.
Quote: (12-13-2011 11:25 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2011 11:12 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I was kinda surprised to see that there won't be any games in Sao Paulo.

Yes there are, 1 of the Semi-finals among others.

You're right. I just saw the PDF file. I only saw the snapshot of it in the article when I dropped the link, and it stopped at Rio.

I was hoping there would be games in Floripa, but I know the infrastructure there can't support an event of that scale. The residents wouldn't be cool with it anyway.

I will definitely be at the World Cup. Staying with Brazilian friends down there. Who else is going?
I am definetly going. Have made it my real plan over the next few years actually, wanna try and get a job related to it actually in Rio, Sao Paulo or anywhere I can. Don't know how, or doing what, or if its even possible but its the pipe dream at the moment
I'm going too. Planning to get there a couple months early to explore more of the country first and practice my Portuguese.

It's hard to read the schedule but I don't see Sao Paolo on there.
I'll be in Brasil in 2014 for WC. Cant wait to experience a world cup in the country of football. Will be wild!
Quote: (12-13-2011 11:43 AM)Nudge Wrote:  

I am definetly going. Have made it my real plan over the next few years actually, wanna try and get a job related to it actually in Rio, Sao Paulo or anywhere I can. Don't know how, or doing what, or if its even possible but its the pipe dream at the moment

If you're open to any job, then I would suggest using hostelworld.com to find a listing of top rated hostels in Brazil, and then searching them on google to find their contact info (e-mail/phone number). Hit them up ahead of time and let them know you're interested in working during the World Cup--they'll need the help. I know a Belgian guy who did this during the World Cup in South Africa. He was able to live there for free and work for six months. There's other perks to working at hostels, too, like free meals, as well as tours and activities if the hostel has partnership arrangements with local tourism companies; most of the top rated ones often do.
Quote: (12-13-2011 11:50 AM)gringoed Wrote:  

I'm going too. Planning to get there a couple months early to explore more of the country first and practice my Portuguese.

It's hard to read the schedule but I don't see Sao Paolo on there.

Here is the schedule (including Sao Paulo).
I'm currently in Belo Horizonte and I plan to stay here for the next few years. There is a ton of opportunity for those who come here early and take advantage of it. I recommend BH over Sao Paulo and Rio because the people here are friendlier, the city isn't a jungle like SP and gringos here are actually looked up to rather than decried as sex tourists like in Rio.

Teaching English is a great way to achieve your dream of working abroad. Native teachers are in high demand in Belo, most teachers I know have a waiting list for all the students who want to learn from them. Teachers here make about R$30 per hour working at an institute and R$50 teaching private students.

If you're interested in teaching English in Belo Horizonte shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.
Quote: (12-13-2011 12:16 PM)Sardino Wrote:  

I'm currently in Belo Horizonte and I plan to stay here for the next few years. There is a ton of opportunity for those who come here early and take advantage of it. I recommend BH over Sao Paulo and Rio because the people here are friendlier, the city isn't a jungle like SP and gringos here are actually looked up to rather than decried as sex tourists like in Rio.

Teaching English is a great way to achieve your dream of working abroad. Native teachers are in high demand in Belo, most teachers I know have a waiting list for all the students who want to learn from them. Teachers here make about R$30 per hour working at an institute and R$50 teaching private students.

If you're interested in teaching English in Belo Horizonte shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

Hey Sardino I'm glad you are liking it in BH. Where are you staying now---did you find a furnished apartment? How are the Mineiras treating you? These teaching english opportunities sound really good and better than most other cities in Brazil that I have been to. I have no teaching certificates; just an Ivy league University degree with experience teaching the SAT,GMAT and GRE exams. Would that be a problem over there?
Heh, Brasil 2014 would be good... but I'm planning on Russia in 2018. [Image: smile.gif]
Unfortunately the Brazilian's World Cup is for gringoes, not brazilians. The tickets prices are out of our league.
Fifa is planning to do not accept half prices for students and +65 yo. Instead, they want to put a "popular" price for Brazilians, whatever this means.
IMO, tickets price will start up to R$600.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!
Quote: (12-14-2011 08:00 AM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Unfortunately the Brazilian's World Cup is for gringoes, not brazilians. The tickets prices are out of our league.

Fifa is planning to do not accept half prices for students and +65 yo. Instead, they want to put a "popular" price for Brazilians, whatever this means. IMO, tickets price will start up to R$600.

That's shameful. Brasilians -- poor or rich -- should be able to attend the World Cup.

I'm there.

Fifa is planning to do not accept half prices for students and +65 yo. Instead, they want to put a "popular" price for Brazilians, whatever this means.

You say that like there aren't a ton of rich Brazilians. Plus, I doubt the games are gonna cost that much, maybe some of the finals games. I'm pretty sure last world cup the tickets were barely over $100.

Unfortunately the Brazilian's World Cup is for gringoes, not brazilians.

I would not say that. There are an awful lot of gringo wallets, watches and iPhones that are going to end up in the favelas as a result.
Wow, that line up of cities looks legit ... I need to start saving $$$ and get on back down there.
Quote: (12-13-2011 11:52 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

If you're open to any job, then I would suggest using hostelworld.com to find a listing of top rated hostels in Brazil, and then searching them on google to find their contact info (e-mail/phone number). Hit them up ahead of time and let them know you're interested in working during the World Cup--they'll need the help. I know a Belgian guy who did this during the World Cup in South Africa. He was able to live there for free and work for six months. There's other perks to working at hostels, too, like free meals, as well as tours and activities if the hostel has partnership arrangements with local tourism companies; most of the top rated ones often do.

Cheers and I would be willing to work in a hostel but maybe as a last resort. I work in the travel industry at the moment and have a few rough contacts in Brazil but with my non-existent Portugese might be difficult. Better start learning!
Quote: (12-14-2011 01:52 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

You say that like there aren't a ton of rich Brazilians. Plus, I doubt the games are gonna cost that much, maybe some of the finals games. I'm pretty sure last world cup the tickets were barely over $100.

And $100 in a country who people earn less than $400 per month is cheap? Really? And yeah, those who you think that will attend the WC are about 15% - 20% of Brazilian Pop. Of course that the others 80% are not your social circle, then you think because you know a lot of mid-upper class people they are Brazil. I wish to agree, but they are not.
There are rumors that the last match may cost R$3000 for the best seats. Therefore, I still think that prices will start up to R$600.
Why? A simple International Cup (aka Libertadores da America) costs R$150 in Sao Paulo, almost the $80 - 100 you just said.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!
WC tickets have always been a commodity for the privileged, this is nothing new. Supply and demand.
From what I've seen even middle class Brazilians spend money like there is no tomorrow. They are becoming like Americans, living off their credit card. I know people with just average jobs in the North who take a trip to Rio for holiday weekends even though they can't really afford it. You go to any Brazilian department store and almost everything has a total price and then underneath a 10 month instalment plan price. That is how people pay for shit here, and I imagine that is how they'll buy WC tickets.

Sure, it is not perfect and the favela people won't go but I don't think it will just be the mega rich Brazilians going either.

Also, can you guys imagine how much hotels/hostels are going to raise their prices for the WC? Right now in Salvador a DORM bed for Carnival in Feb. 2012 costs 180-220 Reals a NIGHT with a 4-6 night minimum. That is over $100 a night for a DORM bed. For the WC they will be able to charge at least that. The normal price is $15 a night.

I was in South Africa after the WC and from what I remember hostels only raised there prices like double, from $15 to around $30, because I don't think they realized how much they could charge. Brazil is going to be a freaking complete cluster fuck as Brazilians know how to rape tourists for special events. People are going to blow SHITLOADS of money.
Quote: (12-15-2011 07:52 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

From what I've seen even middle class Brazilians spend money like there is no tomorrow. They are becoming like Americans, living off their credit card. I know people with just average jobs in the North who take a trip to Rio for holiday weekends even though they can't really afford it. You go to any Brazilian department store and almost everything has a total price and then underneath a 10 month instalment plan price. That is how people pay for shit here, and I imagine that is how they'll buy WC tickets.

Sure, it is not perfect and the favela people won't go but I don't think it will just be the mega rich Brazilians going either.

Also, can you guys imagine how much hotels/hostels are going to raise their prices for the WC? Right now in Salvador a DORM bed for Carnival in Feb. 2012 costs 180-220 Reals a NIGHT with a 4-6 night minimum. That is over $100 a night for a DORM bed. For the WC they will be able to charge at least that. The normal price is $15 a night.

I was in South Africa after the WC and from what I remember hostels only raised there prices like double, from $15 to around $30, because I don't think they realized how much they could charge. Brazil is going to be a freaking complete cluster fuck as Brazilians know how to rape tourists for special events. People are going to blow SHITLOADS of money.

Very true on both fronts. The credit boom that helped fuel the rise of Brazil's economy now imperils it. Brazilians are falling into heavy credit card debt and they pay some of the highest interest rates out of the world's major economies--200% in some cases!

There's an article that just came out a few days ago about this: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...0D9L35.DTL

As for the hostels, they will definitely be charging RAPE prices--no question. They do it all the time during Carnaval and hostels still sell out. I can only imagine what it will be like during World Cup. I even know Brazilians, including Couchsurfers, who will be charging gringos to stay in their homes during the WC. It's going to be ridiculous.
True that prices for accommodations will be through the roof. Best option is to make contacts and friends in Brasil in the cities hosting games and then, stay with them if you don't want or can't pay the exhorbitant prices for hostels, let alone hotels at the time. Or start saving now a good chunk, at least 10-15k$ to have a good time for a month.
Quote: (12-15-2011 12:58 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

True that prices for accommodations will be through the roof. Best option is to make contacts and friends in Brasil in the cities hosting games and then, stay with them if you don't want or can't pay the exhorbitant prices for hostels, let alone hotels at the time. Or start saving now a good chunk, at least 10-15k$ to have a good time for a month.

Yeah. Brazilians are going to have a good decade, especially those in Rio since the Summer Olympics will be there two years after the WC. Enterprising folks can make a killing. I pulled in a month and a half's rent in DC during Obama's inauguration. My spot was just a few blocks from the capitol building. I actually only rented out my room as I had a roomie in the apt and only for a weekend. WC is a full month and the Olympics will be more than a couple of weeks long.
Brazil is the greatest soccer team in the whole world. Any idea how much the cheapest tickets are?
This is the only World cup location I need :

Localizacao de bundas maravilhosa,and I'll bring my own balls!: