rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trouble constructing bait

Its not for lack of material.

Outside of the Roosh given example of "...back home...", I'm having trouble constructing (and using) bait that doesn't sound like outright bragging.

Here are some of the things I try to compile into bait:

My Good Job (maritime tracking and security)
**actually there is something related to this that I've been using since I got the job but it has always seemed to get kind of a jokey reaction:
her: What do you do
Me: I fight Pirates
her with quizzical look on her face: what? OR like hackers? OR <nothing>
Me: yeah I'm in maritime tracking and security
her: ooooh so like real pirates haha

I've been using this one for years

Travel for work:
  • hong kong (lived there for 4 months)
  • Chennai India
  • Pareus Greece
  • Athens Greece
  • Bergen Norway
Just to name a few..

Well educated

Went to school for Audio Engineering and still do some projects on the side in my spare time.

Love being athletic (especially working out)

Learning to Ride Motorcycle

Canadian Living in London

Upwardly Mobile Black Guy

For some reason I've not been able to creatively assemble theses into the awesome bait that I know they could be and I could really do with any advice or suggestions.

Thanks,

TheMan

These two show the most promise:

Quote:Quote:

Learning to Ride Motorcycle

Went to school for Audio Engineering and still do some projects on the side in my spare time.

The well educated and upwardly mobile is no good, at least in America.

Pretend you're in a coffee shop and you wanted to talk about the two above. Construct one piece of bait for each and we'll go from there.

Okay...

in response to something she said about someplace she's been:
...Haha, actually, my motorcycle instructor said the same thing

running off of elderly chat about what is a good flavored: coffee as I usually only drink it for function
...When I was in school for audio engineering I used to go through heaps of coffee, while studying for exams..

First one... try just saying "instructor" as well instead of "motorcycle instructor." Because she might ask "So what type of instructor."

Second one... try saying "when I was in audio school." What is audio school? Hell if I know. She may get curious and ask.

You have the right idea. Now it's just a matter of trying them out.

Also since it is a maritime field you could just say you are merchant marine. I've used that several times as I graduated from a merchant marine academy. Just say you work on cargo ships and oil tankers doing anti piracy training.

Quote: (12-10-2011 04:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

First one... try just saying "instructor" as well instead of "motorcycle instructor." Because she might ask "So what type of instructor."

Second one... try saying "when I was in audio school." What is audio school? Hell if I know. She may get curious and ask.

You have the right idea. Now it's just a matter of trying them out.

Sweet, will do. Thanks, I'll let you know how they work out.

Quote: (12-10-2011 05:28 PM)johnw28 Wrote:  

Also since it is a maritime field you could just say you are merchant marine. I've used that several times as I graduated from a merchant marine academy. Just say you work on cargo ships and oil tankers doing anti piracy training.

[Image: smile.gif] No mate, you misunderstand.

I'm always shore side. We track the vessels for their respective interests.
But thanks all the same.