rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Porsche Boxster

Porsche Boxster

Who here has had one/ has one? I drove around in a co-workers for a little while and it was fucking fun! I'm probably going to get used one soon as my car. I currently don't have a car right now and bike to errands/work for now. How is life with a boxster?

Porsche Boxster

I always had the impression the Boxter was a little bit of a chick car. Or perhaps Midlife-Crisis car.

As a big-corp consultant I've also driven the SLK and the Audi TT and didn't like them both. (They did handle amazingly though.) Although I got smiles from girls when driving the SLK in convertible mode. But still.. my personal opinion is that instead of getting the Boxter get an older 911 or some cool classic car like a Jag or Maserati from the 80s or early 90s.

Porsche Boxster

Boxster's scream midlife crisis. Especially the red ones. If I had the cash I'd go with a Maserati or Aston Martin to avoid that tag.

Porsche Boxster

I'm in my mid 20s, and don't drive a car much. Not exactly midlife crisis. I was going to go with a 2011 v6 mustang convertible until I drove my co-worker's boxster. My dad had a mid/late 80s maserati and although the interior looked kind of cool, I didn't like the boxy exterior at all. And the thing was a pain in the ass in general.

Porsche Boxster

The Boxster does have a bit of a "Midlife Crisis" reputation, though as P-Dog said, the color does make a difference. Honestly, though, if you really do like the car and have the means to purchase/maintain it, go for it. Its for you, not everyone else.

I don't know what your budget is, but if you can swing it you may want to consider a used Cayman as well. A clean example with around 50,000 on the clock can be had for just under $30k. 2006 Boxsters are even cheaper ($22-23,000 is easily doable).

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Porsche Boxster

Poor mans Porsche

Porsche Boxster

Just bought a Cayman S. Same base but way stiffer and better ride. If you don't want a convertible then try that out. Critics agree that it is the best overall Porsche when looking at price, maintenance costs and performance.

Poor mans Porsche? Believe me, I could've bought a Lambo and went for the Cayman S. It's just the more "reasonable" car to drive and super fun. Chicks don't seem to care if you have a 911 or Cayman either (thank you Marketing). It does around 26mpg, insurance is cheap since kids keep their hands off it and it is beautiful.

PS: Saw a brand new Boxster black on black the other day. Beautiful.

Porsche Boxster

That's because the hoes can't tell the difference between Cayman's and 911's. All they see is a six figure car.

Porsche Boxster

Quote: (12-08-2011 07:37 AM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Poor mans Porsche

Poor men can't afford Porsches, they have Chevys,Toyotas,Beemers. I had a cheap shit Grand Am, Im glad I don't have it anymore but sad that I don't have a car anymore.

Porsche Boxster

It's not a bright color, and I'm getting a low milage one that is in the 2000-2004 range. I like a convertible, and the cayman wasn't sold in that year range.

Porsche Boxster

Buying a Porsche seems to be filled with all sorts of status anxiety. The whole mid-life crisis thing, but most guys don't have the money to buy one before they're mid-life. Then there's the whole issue of buying one that's not a 911, which is a "real" Porsche (the new 911 Carrera looks gorgeous). Then the whole stick vs. PDK issue (real man = stick I guess). A lot of it is SWPL posturing.

Porsche Boxster

Currently I'm driving a 1986 Porsche 944 which has been in my family for about 15 years now. The 944 back in '86 was considered the entry level Porsche until '91 when they stopped production. Poor man's Porsche or not, I love the car. It's small, sporty, and a pleasure to drive. I've never driven a Boxster, but one thing I can attest to is that I see a lot more Boxsters on the road than I do any other Porsche (I live in N. VA). It seems like when people are considering a Porsche the first model that comes to mind is the Boxter, which is definitely evident giving how many of them you see.
Boxsters aren't bad, but unless you are absolutely in love, I would recommend looking around a bit. The exception is the 928, which was mistake from the get-go. You can't go wrong with a 911 that is in good condition, regardless of its year.

Porsche Boxster

Believe it or not we have a thread on this...
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4695.h...ht=boxster

Porsche Boxster

Right before i came to this website i was checking my email an someone offered me a 2000 something Boxster for my NSX.... i said no way jose

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Porsche Boxster

Deleted post.

Mixx

Porsche Boxster

Quote: (12-08-2011 03:53 AM)ersatz Wrote:  

I'm in my mid 20s, and don't drive a car much. Not exactly midlife crisis. I was going to go with a 2011 v6 mustang convertible until I drove my co-worker's boxster. My dad had a mid/late 80s maserati and although the interior looked kind of cool, I didn't like the boxy exterior at all. And the thing was a pain in the ass in general.

If you're in your mid 20s and don't drive much why not just save the cash and travel the world (and fuck women) or do something exciting?

Porsche Boxster

Quote: (12-08-2011 08:04 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

If you're in your mid 20s and don't drive much why not just save the cash and travel the world (and fuck women) or do something exciting?

Now that fellas, is a smart mofo!!

[Image: potd.gif]

Mixx

Porsche Boxster

Because even though I don't drive much, I need a car to go to social activities. I don't have a car right now and have been renting occasionally. Renting drives me nuts wastes a lot of time. The basics such as work commuting and errands can be covered by bike. The price I'm paying is how much a new subcompact will cost, so it isn't pricy.

Porsche Boxster

If your city has Zipcars or whatever else car-sharing company, it's not a bad way to save some money and not deal with the many hassles of owning a car on your own. If you live in any medium+ sized city there should be some program around you, and, usually, the pickup and drop off points are all over so it's not too annoying picking one up and dropping it off somewhere else.

Porsche Boxster

Anyone who calls the Boxster or Miata a chick car has never ever driven one on a track, never had the joy of savaging some dipshit exotic driver with a "gay" looking underpowered roadster. The Boxster is mid-engine like the great supercars. Most versions, save for the newer S models, wouldn't win a drag race against a Camaro, but once the road starts to curve, it's over. Early models can have catastrophic engine failues. Everything else is big $$ but you gotta pay to play.

Now, a Lotus Elise...you're really on some shit, but that's only for the brave.

Porsche Boxster

Quote: (12-09-2011 05:19 PM)Donnington93 Wrote:  

Anyone who calls the Boxster or Miata a chick car has never ever driven one on a track, never had the joy of savaging some dipshit exotic driver with a "gay" looking underpowered roadster. The Boxster is mid-engine like the great supercars. Most versions, save for the newer S models, wouldn't win a drag race against a Camaro, but once the road starts to curve, it's over. Early models can have catastrophic engine failues. Everything else is big $$ but you gotta pay to play.

Now, a Lotus Elise...you're really on some shit, but that's only for the brave.

I've been looking forward to trying out an MX-5 sometime soon.

I love how cars that are considered "gay" here in the US are completely fine, normal, and masculine to drive in Europe. The fact is that the MX-5 is supposed to be one of the best cars on the road today, and for the price people putting their "masculinity" on a pedestal in order to not appear "gay" is pretty juvenile.

[Image: 800px-2011_Mazda_MX-5_PRHT_--_04-28-2011.jpg]

It's easy to imagine a Zara/H&M level James Bond walking out of a car like this. The real JB would walk out of an Aston Martin though.

Porsche Boxster

Well there are a lot of feminine things that European men do that are unappealing to men in the United States - man purses and bikini swimsuits come to mind.

The Porsche Boxster is just manly enough to drive - but barely. I wouldn't turn one down. The Mazda Miata, however, just plain looks like the quintessential barbie car.

Just do a search for "barbie car" in Google.

Porsche Boxster

I Just saw the new Mustang 5.0 Ford put out. DAAAAMMMMMNNN! is all I can say.

Mixx

Porsche Boxster

Yes, the 2011 and above mustangs have much better engines. Almost +100hp. Still have that solid rear axle that kills agility. Getting a 2011 V8 or V6 Mustang will cost much more than the porsche I'm buying, and almost every fucking one for sale used is an automatic (especially the V6). Porches usually come in standard. I don't understand why mazda doesn't put the mazdaspeed3 transmission into a miata as an option, they would sell like hotcakes.

I drove a 2011 mustang, it was fun too, but the boxster was way nicer to drive.

There has been only 34309 boxsters sold from 2003-2010 in north america, not as common as you think, just concentrated [Image: wink.gif].

I think you guys have something against roadsters it seems. Barbie cars also come in jeeps too.

edit: Other co-worker with a 1980s 944 with a modified 350hp engine likes the boxster better now [Image: tongue.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg3795]   

Porsche Boxster

I don't know any poor man that can afford a Boxster. They are nice looking cars and I am sure no one would complain if they were given one.

Isn't the upkeep expensive?

Not sure why you would buy such a car that you use occasionally! I would much rather travel.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com