rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you sell online or want to?

If you do then this is a must read book.

Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman.

You need two things when building your online empire. You need to get traffic to your site and you need to convert that traffic to sales.

The stuff in this book is priceless for both.

I used to sell stuff on ebay. It was a cool experience. Made some money. Nothing to write home about.

It would be cool if you could automate the process. Batch post ads. Ship from a 3rd party instead of having to keep stock on hand.

Team Nachos

Quote: (11-19-2011 07:43 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I used to sell stuff on ebay. It was a cool experience. Made some money. Nothing to write home about.

It would be cool if you could automate the process. Batch post ads. Ship from a 3rd party instead of having to keep stock on hand.

I dabbled on Ebay for a little back in the good ole days. From the sounds of it, Ebay really screwed up things for sellers.

Anything can be automated. Look at Amazon, they basically take the orders and just contact 3rd parties for delivery. I just ordered a microphone with pop filter. The mic came from Amazon and the Pop filter came from a 3rd party.

I mainly sell software which is downloadable and delivery is completely automated. Well, except the customer service part of the job which you will always have to deal with no matter what you sell.

If you get really good at selling, which is why I recommended Cashvertising, you can basically write your own ticket. My main goal next year is to focus on copywriting. That is one skill that will always make you bank. Plus, copywriting can be done from anywhere in the world.

Quote: (11-19-2011 07:43 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

You can, it's called dropshipping. You advertise the product and it's sent directly from the supplier / dropshipper to your customer. Obviously has hassles associated as you have no control over their stock levels, delivery times etc.

I prefer Amazon these days, I have 8 Amazon accounts that I dropship with. The fees are higher than Ebay, but it's much lower maintenance, and you can pull the wool over your customer's eyes easier [Image: smile.gif]

Deb can you break down your process for me? What exactly do you do?

Team Nachos

great book.

In fact I use it all the time. It's on my desk right now.

I'm on the hunt for good products to dropship at the moment, need to find a niche.

Quote: (11-20-2011 04:27 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I prefer Amazon these days, I have 8 Amazon accounts that I dropship with. The fees are higher than Ebay, but it's much lower maintenance, and you can pull the wool over your customer's eyes easier [Image: smile.gif]

Funny, I have been looking at Amazon, but more from an advertising position. I see that you can run ads of your own on their product pages. Something I need to test out.

Deb, can you still take advantage of their affiliate program when you sell on Amazon? I mean, can affiliates promote your products? That would be one heck of a way to leverage Amazon.

Quote: (11-20-2011 10:10 PM)bface Wrote:  

great book.

In fact I use it all the time. It's on my desk right now.

Yeah, I am actually thinking of buying another version for my kindle.