rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why don't more guys move/travel abroad?

I know so many frustrated dudes in America. Just working 9 to 5 struggling to have a middle class existence. They struggle dealing with bitchy American women where you have to spend lots of time and money just to get in her pants.

So why don't more guys from the US go abroad. They can live for a quarter of the cost in lots of places in South America or Asia. It's ten times easier to hook up abroad either with a local or a tourist. If people are frustrated in America, it makes no fucking sense to stay. If you are responsible you can save enough money to at least live abroad for a year. I tell dozens of my friends this, but most of them just don't get it.

So why doesn't this happen? I figure most American guys are just beta risk-adverse pussies who are afraid of the outside world and who honestly believe that the only acceptable course in life is to work for The Man in order to try to one day become rich.

Culture.

American culture is etched in your brain by marketing/media gurus to make American men truly believe that without perceived financial wealth, a college education (see thread College is a scam), and a respectable job i.e. a lawyer, doctor who can provide 2 cars for his family in a 600K house, you will not be truly happy.

Add to that the almighty FICO score: if you do not have a 720 score on Equifax, you are scum, dirt, chewing gum at the bottom of a shoe (get more debt, to fix your debt), and the pussyfication of American male kids to learn how to kiss-ass, while watching mommy take half in divorce settlements (fear), and voila! You now have a bunch of ignorant 20-something males in the rat-race to compete for chubby, entitled American women.

Finally, the limiting factor is money $$$! Not many men have an abundance of cash $$$ by the time they are 30. What they have is an enormous amount of debt: Mortgage, Car Payments, kids in school, child-support, alimony, overdue student loans for a degree they have stashed in the basement. Debt is what US banks want you to be in, especially credit card companies.

They even made up a cute term to make you feel better about having your life completely mortgaged: they call it "good debt"...go out and get yourself some "good debt" because it builds "equity"!

The only way to make money in real estate is either to buy slums for very dirt cheap, or foreclosed homes way below market value and re-sell after giving them a fresh coat of paint and changing the light bulbs.

The only good debt, is NO DEBT!!! But banks and credit card companies will never tell you that. Our economy runs on debt.

Therefore, the ones who do wake-up, are scrapping for loose change to travel abroad to go on a wild fuck-fest with hookers for 2 weeks per year. Those of us who took the red-pill, and can truly stop chasing a bogus American Dream about as a real as a Unicorn are very lucky. If men limit their overhead, and stop thinking happiness is with a 200K dollar import car, and a mortgage that is 2 paychecks away from foreclosure: then we can start enjoying the beauty that women in foreign lands give us...

I took the red-pill at age 28...because I don't like the idea that I am not in control of my life!

Mixx

How about fear and stupidity? Most dudes I know don't even fully understand what a passport is and think getting one would be a two year task that would cost thousands of dollars.

The media here paints a funny picture about other countries. Risky adventurous vacation you want? Vegas baby! Wild times!! What happens there stays there.

I was telling a couple friends about the DR and that I want to cruise the mountains this weekend. What? Mountains? That's Mexico right?

Quote: (11-14-2011 09:37 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

How about fear and stupidity? Most dudes I know don't even fully understand what a passport is and think getting one would be a two year task that would cost thousands of dollars.

See the part where I mention ignorant 20-something men in the rat-race above [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

I may not totally agree with Mixx about the USA but he is correct on most of the points. The KEY is to make more than enough money than wherever you live. I pretty much have the same things that Mixx mentioned (the mortgage and the 600K+ house and expensive foreign car) BUT those payments are taken care of with one paycheck. Add to that, there would have to be a collapse of the USA and total worldly harmony before I would be out of a job so that allows me to save and have disposable income to travel.

Now I have some friends who cannot even spell "passport". It's quite sad that they rather do the same 'ole, same 'ole within the borders of the USA.

Seems like you are talking about a permanent or extended travel which just isnt feasible for most people due to money and finding a job overseas.

Also most dudes have commitments (debts / family) that also restrict the move on top of the above.

The best most men can hope for is 4 weeks off a year (spaced out at that) to go travel in a year.

There was a recent post from a member that mentioned the lack of drive that American men have anymore to go forth and conquer the world. That post was spot on and befits this thread. Somewhere we (as a whole) have lost initiative. Hooligan Harry wrote about the value of American men in foreign markets, but we don't take those opportunities. The average guy doesn't even know this, let alone finding the resources to move forward.

One thing I've noticed is bad life choices by the age of 50. For example, a guy pushes through 20 years in the military only to give half his meager pension to the fat sow he now regrettably married. Strings of bad marriages will suck the adventurous spirit from a man, and the financial means to live/travel abroad. A very small percentage of those use that as a motivator to move off to the Phils or Costa Rica.

There's nothing wrong with the U.S., and less wrong with a man being content with staying in it's borders. It's a huge place, and takes years to see it all. Besides, if 80% of us traveled the world, the world would get sick of us and getting laid would be far more difficult. I'm personally glad the numbers of U.S. travelers is low compared to other countries.

Most importantly, it's far safer and cheaper to sit on the couch in a Cheetos stained wife beater and watch the travel channel.

It's a nice idea to live in one or more of the places you think are better,but you need your income and finances sorted.

If you go to South America and are not in the higher wage bracket through your own business or skills,but want a reasonable comfortable life you're just going to be struggling along like everybody else if you're earning local wages.

Anyways,I think the idea we can all somehow escape struggle in life is a bit of a fantasy.
Without responsibilities it's easier to slob along but when you have responsible work, family ,kids,etc something's got to give.

If you want to maintain a standard of living then the numbers have to add up,no matter where you are.

Only way I see gaining some kind of control is your own business,and that entails its' own set of problems.

Because Americans are brain washed to believe that America is the greatest country in the world.

Leave America? Why would anyone want to do that? USA! USA!

I mean you want exotic beaches and different culture you can always go to Hawaii, right?

Where is the greatest country in the world? Does it exist?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (11-14-2011 11:31 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Yup. Colombia!!

Where else can busted, fat, ugly, unemployed, living with parents, no style having mofos, with hairy backs, and scrawny bodies fuck girls that look 10x better than they do?

What's the catch? You have to speak Spanish, and game them in their own language to get the full potential.

I'm also beginning to think Poland is a great runner up!

Mixx

Quote: (11-14-2011 11:40 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Yup. Colombia!!

Where else can busted, fat, ugly, unemployed, living with parents, no style having mofos, with hairy backs, and scrawny bodies fuck girls that look 10x better than they do?

What's the catch? You have to speak Spanish, and game them in their own language to get the full potential.

Mixx

Yea but what if you are non Colombian, in shape and good looking with Spanish speaking skills? You told me that fat Colombians get more lizards than you. You are young, good looking and fluent in Spanish. I have no wish to gain unwanted weight just to fcuk piglets. I don't fcuk well with a huge gutt. Can one make money there with different skill sets?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (11-14-2011 11:47 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (11-14-2011 11:40 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Yup. Colombia!!

Mixx

Yea but what if you are non Colombian, in shape and good looking with Spanish speaking skills? You told me that fat Colombians get more lizards than you. You are young, good looking and fluent in Spanish. I have no wish to gain unwanted weight just to fcuk piglets. I don't fcuk well with a huge gutt. Can one make money there with different skill sets?

If you are good looking you will do better, but again, have to live there and have a social circle. Any pretty boys are actually labeled "dogs" by local girls - go figure, I'll never understand it!

No money to made in Colombia, even if you are a highly skilled IT guy. Only guys who make real money (150KUSD and above) are guys teamed up with a local silent partner narcos who needs to launder money on a new hotel or nightclub.

If making (legal) money was not an issue, I'd never leave...no joke!

Mixx

Quote: (11-14-2011 11:51 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

If you are good looking you will do better, but again, have to live there and have a social circle. Any pretty boys are actually labeled "dogs" by local girls - go figure, I'll never understand it!

No money to made in Colombia, even if you are a highly skilled IT guy. Only guys who make real money (150KUSD and above) are guys teamed up with a local silent partner narcos who needs to launder money on a new hotel or nightclub.

If making (legal) money was not an issue, I'd never leave...no joke!

Mixx

I thought as much. For me, there has to be easy access to women for dudes of all looks and ability to make good or great money LEGALLY with different skill sets for a country to be considered in the category of greatest.
If not, it fails to be a contender.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

There are things one can do to squeeze out extra trips. If you take enough trips you to can use your airmiles or AMEX card points. Hell, I am not going to use my AMEX points on some overpriced camera sold in the AMEX catalog.

The answer is pretty rational. It costs money to travel internationally. Yes, if you stay abroad long enough, the lower cost of living will balance out the costs of getting there. However, most people don't have the time to do this.

It's also generally quite difficult to generate income abroad. So unless you have some unique way of doing that, you're going to be sacrificing income while abroad.

Perhaps the biggest reason is language. Unless you speak the language, your chica options are going to be very limited. (Exception being the Phillipines).

Chicks in the US put out! I love the adventure of travelling abroad and I love exotic women, but chicks in the US aren't all bad. To me the ideal situation is living in the US making good money and having all the conveniences of living here (including easy women) and ALSO being able to travel abroad (somewhere warm in the Winter!) and experience other cultures and women.

in order to take the red pill you have to be introduced to the red pill. most Americans never are. for some its blind luck. its very difficult to take the first step, get on a plane by yourself, and go somewhere you dont speak the language or know anyone if you have never done it before. i was fortunate in that i had a good friend living in Bulgaria. when he told me I should come visit him my first thought was "who the fuck goes to Bulgaria?" he said to trust me, i did, and my eyes were opened to a world outside the US. but had i not had that connection i probably never would have taken the first step. most men aren't as adventurous or dont think outside the box they have grown up inside.

Quote: (11-14-2011 01:19 PM)Brian Wrote:  

i was fortunate in that i had a good friend living in Bulgaria. when he told me I should come visit him my first thought was "who the fuck goes to Bulgaria?" he said to trust me, i did, and my eyes were opened to a world outside the US. but had i not had that connection i probably never would have taken the first step. most men aren't as adventurous or dont think outside the box they have grown up inside.

Bulgaria is very under-rated

The women are cute, well educated, feminine and look after their guys

Also, if you say you are a feminist there, they will assume you are a lesbian sociopath

Quote: (11-14-2011 01:28 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

i was fortunate in that i had a good friend living in Bulgaria. when he told me I should come visit him my first thought was "who the fuck goes to Bulgaria?" he said to trust me, i did, and my eyes were opened to a world outside the US. but had i not had that connection i probably never would have taken the first step. most men aren't as adventurous or dont think outside the box they have grown up inside.

Also, if you say you are a feminist there, they will assume you are a lesbian sociopath
I have heard the exact same thing from friends that are world travelers even last week.

Funny how I was browsing OKCupid to pipeline for my upcoming Texas 3 week trip, and saw this woman on it. Funny thing her requirements for anyone to write to her are this (her words):

1. Must be taller than 5'10" (1.80m)
2. Must be white
3. Must be in shape
4. Must have a steady job with above average income
5. Must accept that she has a 4 year-old son.

And she looks likes this:

Mixx

Quote: (11-14-2011 01:28 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

i really enjoyed the Bulgarian girls [Image: smile.gif] from what Roosh says about the Polish girls they sound similar. phenomenal bodies, but some butterfaces thrown in.

Quote: (11-14-2011 01:42 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Funny how I was browsing OKCupid to pipeline for my upcoming Texas 3 week trip, and saw this woman on it. Funny thing her requirements for anyone to write to her are this (her words):

2. Must be white
3. Must be in shape

Mixx

amazing. truly amazing.

Man, all this talk makes me want to get off my ass and hit up some cheap-ass third world country and prance around like a king.

Gotta get that passive income rolling...

Most people I speak to about my extended travels abroad say to me they think it sounds great but when I ask them why they wouldn't do it they say they wouldn't know where to go, couldn't find anyone to go with and are too scared to go alone, it costs too much money, they have a job and don't want to quit (regardless of how shit it is), their family and friends are here, they like where they live (despite always bitching about it). I'm glad not everyone travels, leave it to people like me.

Quote: (11-14-2011 01:42 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

2. Must be white
3. Must be in shape

Mixx

America is truly the land of opportunities. I envy you guys (the ones with American visa). I gotta get my paper right..that dime is...outstanding.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards