rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Medical Tourism Thread - How to get cheap and excellent healthcare abroad

I'm surprised I didn't post this sooner.

I've traveled the world as a tourist, student, and employee. I've also gotten sick in almost every destination I've been to.

FRANCE: Fantastic service and excellent national administrative system. The French healthcare system is heavily subsidized, so since I was there as a student I got basically free healthcare. Pretty big language barriers, but I wasn't going to big international hospital, just a local one in a small town on the outskirts of Paris. I was able to get by with my basic French, though. I only benefited because I was covered as a student though. As a tourist, you will probably be covered differently.

KOREA: I only went to the hospital on one occasion here, to get an x-ray. I went to the "Samsung Hospital" (go figure) and could have sworn that I was walking into a Hilton Hotel or mall or something. Excellent service. I remember the costs not being as cheap as Thailand but still excellent price. Zero language barriers.

THAILAND: If you are coming to Thailand, get every single possible medical thing you need done accomplished here - teeth whitening, x-rays, immunizations, physicals, etc etc. I hesitate to advise you to take serious surgeries here - although there are thousands of successful surgeries done in Thailand - especially at the international hospitals like Bumrungrad in Bangkok or Phuket International. I'm just saying that because I don't want someone blaming me when they go for a hernia repair and wake up dickless and with a pair of tits, or something like that. Obviously that is a very popular procedure in Thialand.

So yeah, DISCLAIMER, YMG DOES NOT RECOMMEND YOU DO SERIOUS SURGERIES ABROAD, DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DONT GET ANGRY IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY BECOME A LADYBOY. CONSULT A DOCTOR

You can also consult "Docter", one of the guys on rooshvforum.

But yeah seriously, you'll be highly satisfied with healthcare in Thailand.

I recently went to Ram Hospital in Chiang Mai for a series of blood tests and a hepatitis immunization. In general I pay on average about 20% of what I'd pay in the US in Thailand. Zero language barriers.

CHINA: While the service was decent, the prices were not as cheap as I expected them to be. Having said that, China is not a medical tourism destination, although it will become one since they are moving ahead quickly in stem cell research. The facilities are decent. I went here because I basically had no choice while studying in Beijing.

I was checking to see if had a hernia and also got some x-rays - I had an unidentified pain in my chest area that I thought was either a hernia, a heart problem, a broken rib, or a pulled muscle (yeah, I was confused). It turned out that it was a severely strained muscle from weightlifting and/or fighting. Watch your form while you squat, guys!!! Language barriers were not an issue, since the doctor was a westerner.

USA: SUCKS AND IS EXPENSIVE. ASSHOLE DOCTORS AND FAT NURSES.

Other medical tourism destinations:

-Colombia
-Costa Rica
-Mexico
-Brazil

-Turkey
-Hungary
-Poland
(I'm not too savvy on the European ones in general, so you guys better do your homework)

-India (huge destination, although I feel like if I went to India to cure a sickness, I'd pick up four other diseases)
-Singapore
-Hong Kong
-Malaysia (kind of)

Remember, all of these destinations also specialize in different things. I think that Costa Rica is particularly good for hip replacements or something? So if you're an old fart, check it out! Dental work, Eastern Europe apparently good, although I imagine you can get good dental work in any of these spots.

Brazil is the undisputed plastic surgery capital of the world. Like its major cities, you are going to be paying heavily for the operation - but just take a stroll down Ipanema and you will understand why they have gained a world class reputation.

Happy doctor hunting!

Opportunities for cheap titty jobs multiply as they are seized.

---------

YMG sorry for the ignorance here but i never knew about immunization as a preventive action. Have you done it before? Do you recommend it?

What about physicals..what do you mean by physicals? Man, i am zero when comes to this medical stuff, i just want to make sure my information is good when i fly to Thailand.

I have wanted to fuck every nurse I've ever seen in Thailand.

!!!!!

Pitt you went to Africa and you're not sure about immunizations? How is that possible?

Go see a doctor immediately and ask him what immunizations you need for Angola.

Like, TODAY.

Physicals like a regular checkup, testing my blood and heart etc.

Go see a doctor right now. Seriously.

!!!!!

More exclamation marks!

Oh i get what you mean now. Yeah i got vaccinated before i came here, it is a must in order for you to get a visa to fly here. I was just confused with the terms you were using.

Thanks for the thread.

I looked into medical tourism for lasic eye surgery and found numerous all-inclusive package travel deals. Holiday islands like Cyprus are promoting medical tourism.

I know a plastic surgeon in India and he studied in India but did most of his residencies abroad, Brazil, Canada and the US and he's always telling me how many customers he gets from the uk and north america, he's been trying to expand his business and wants me to run a medical tourism biz for him here but I'm so busy with my own biz I haven't had time to see if it's worthwhile. As for getting diseases, the hospitals he uses are affiliated with major hospitals worldwide so I don't think you'd have any issues within them but second you step out you're on your own lol, the cities are filthy you're bound to pick up something and if you're already on the mend and suseptible to sickness your odds could only go up.

@ YMG It's Funny you started this thread , Insurance Compnies in USA are asking/giving a choice to some of the patients to have there Surgries done outside USA,for example Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (C.A.B.G) costs an Insurance company $ 80,000- 100,000 USD Including a 2-3 day stay in ICU, Sugical fees the whole schbang. Cost of the same procedure in India $ 10,0000. No Brainer....... yes and to entice the patients to go to India to get there surgeries done they are throwing in a Rehab Package after the surgery with a 7 Day stay at five star Hotels on the beaches of Goa, hence the term Medical Tourism.

Yes people are concerned about the quality of care in India, There are multiple hospitals operating in India with only US Board certified Physicians and there Track records are open to the public.....

Agreed USA has seen it's better days in terms of Health Care and is downhill for the past several years....... There is some money to be made in Medical Tourism Business ............

YMG tell me more about them Thai Nurses......[Image: idea.gif]

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

What I worry about is what you can do when they fuck up. Thailand isn't known for the greatest rule of law and they usually take a Thai's side when things screw up, even if it's the Thai's fault. Same with accidents, etc.

Not much to say about Thai nurses, they're just fine as hell.

The legal issues are a legitimate concern, despite their being one of the best hospitals. That's why I had that disclaimer above.

I appreciate the mention, but I am by no means an expert.

Fitness, nutrition and health are a serious hobby of mine, nothing more.

Haha yeah Docter I was just playing, I just said that becuse your handle is "Docter"

YMG, have you been to a dentist in Chiang Mai?

I just checked online and it's really cheap. I think I will get a cleanup/teeth whitening done while I'm there.

A buddy of mine has told me that's it's similar to prices in Los Angeles. Funny, I just had sushi with him.

But yeah I mean, if you found those prices online they are probably legit.

For us Canadians, we get free healthcare for all basic stuff. For non basic things, such as laser surgery, teeth whitening and co, I'm hesitating between Asia (BKK) and Brasil. Anyone has any first hand experience of having laser eye surgery done in either of these locations? A friend of mine, did his eye laser surgery in Colombia in 2009 for 800 bucks. So that's also an option and maybe a good reason to finally make it to Colombia. Anyone else with experience of such surgeries done in Colombia?

Quote: (11-12-2011 04:43 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

I know a plastic surgeon in India and he studied in India but did most of his residencies abroad, Brazil, Canada and the US and he's always telling me how many customers he gets from the uk and north america, he's been trying to expand his business and wants me to run a medical tourism biz for him here but I'm so busy with my own biz I haven't had time to see if it's worthwhile. As for getting diseases, the hospitals he uses are affiliated with major hospitals worldwide so I don't think you'd have any issues within them but second you step out you're on your own lol, the cities are filthy you're bound to pick up something and if you're already on the mend and suseptible to sickness your odds could only go up.

Quote: (11-12-2011 02:05 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

-India (huge destination, although I feel like if I went to India to cure a sickness, I'd pick up four other diseases)

I highly object!
I don't really know how India is portrayed in the West, so as to say, but calling the cities of a country filthy, in my opinion, is extreme of generalization.
I'd be more glad if you come over here and then speak something about it.
Still, I do not suggest you to flock over here and go straight to the villages - definitely you're gonna meet some heavy dirt.

I recommend viewing this Wikipedia article, which though brief, could clear your doubts on medical tourism in India.

Importantly, you can come here even for most serious diseases. Recently, Indian Government has started issuing Medical Visa for up to 1 year.

The cost of most of treatments in India is 1/10th compared to that the United States and Britain. Highly qualified doctors - and you don't have to worry about waking up as a ladyboy as in Thailand! [Image: wink.gif]

These days it seems like every country in the world promotes itself as a haven for medical tourism. The reality is that in most cases they offer sub-standard facilities and limited skills/qualifications.

I base my statement on the fact that every single person I know who has gone to India has gotten sick.

Including Indian-Americans.

India is a legitimate medical tourism destination.

I didn't get sick the last two times I was there.
I guess it makes up for the fact that I shit like malaria when I was a little kid.

You just some way to deal with screwups in India somehow too:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/201...-stoicism/

Quote: (11-14-2011 08:24 AM)Ami5 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-12-2011 04:43 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Quote: (11-12-2011 02:05 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

I highly object!
I don't really know how India is portrayed in the West, so as to say, but calling the cities of a country filthy, in my opinion, is extreme of generalization.
I'd be more glad if you come over here and then speak something about it.
Still, I do not suggest you to flock over here and go straight to the villages - definitely you're gonna meet some heavy dirt.

I recommend viewing this Wikipedia article, which though brief, could clear your doubts on medical tourism in India.

Importantly, you can come here even for most serious diseases. Recently, Indian Government has started issuing Medical Visa for up to 1 year.

The cost of most of treatments in India is 1/10th compared to that the United States and Britain. Highly qualified doctors - and you don't have to worry about waking up as a ladyboy as in Thailand! [Image: wink.gif]

These days it seems like every country in the world promotes itself as a haven for medical tourism. The reality is that in most cases they offer sub-standard facilities and limited skills/qualifications.

bro you can object all you want but I've been to India 3 times, I'm Indian, this isn't what I've seen on tv this is first hand experience. I have no doubts as to the skills and professionalism of the doctors and to the quality of care some of the medical facilities provide but it is not a clean country. There are clean parts but even those are under what we're used to in the west. It's gotten better over the years but with the sheer population, lack of space, huge number of poor, stray animals, cows wandering, heat etc you can only clean the place up so much, it is a dirty country.

I don't know if this the right thread, but has anyone gotten eye surgery outside of the US? I'm thinking of PRK surgery (tired of dry eyes and eye crap caused by contacts). India does Relex Smile surgery, but I'd like to roll it into a party trip to game some foreign chicks. Looks like there is a place in Guadalajara. I don't necessarily want to do Asia. I like Asian girls but just feel I'd get more pro's than anything else.

Reviving this thread...

I recently went to the doctor and had him look at some issues I was having and he basically told me nothing was wrong with me.

Anyone have medical or dental work recently abroad? I'm fed up with the way health services work in US. I will be traveling to Mexico and Colombia which I've heard good things about but want to hear some other recommendations if I don't find what I'm looking for there. At the very least, help convince me I will actually receive quality care...

Quote: (04-21-2014 04:47 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  
On the cool, she probably had at least one too many tortiillas, but the tetas was mas gorda, comprenede?

Quote: (09-30-2018 04:49 PM)louiebeans Wrote:  

Reviving this thread...

I recently went to the doctor and had him look at some issues I was having and he basically told me nothing was wrong with me.

Anyone have medical or dental work recently abroad? I'm fed up with the way health services work in US. I will be traveling to Mexico and Colombia which I've heard good things about but want to hear some other recommendations if I don't find what I'm looking for there. At the very least, help convince me I will actually receive quality care...

I chipped a tooth after moving to Uruguay and had it fixed by a dentist from Vzla. If you can find a practitioner trained in Vzla you are probably getting good care. Their medical education programs seem to be intense in the Soviet tradition.

I've heard good things about Columbia.

Quote: (09-30-2018 04:49 PM)louiebeans Wrote:  

Reviving this thread...

You can definitely get quality care abroad in latin america, I speak from experience. But it depends on what you are looking to get done so you would need to be more specific.