rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Michael Moore's Vacation Home

Being a talented leftist polemic filmmaker is very very VERY lucrative.

See: http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/abreit...st-dreams/

Great comment:
Quote:Quote:

What a shame to have such a lovely home and not be able to fit through the door.

[Image: 3MooreHouseBig2center.jpg]

[Image: Aerial1.jpg]

[Image: Moore-Property-Tax-Assessment-1-794x1024.jpg]

I know the point you're trying to make, but do you really think that $925,000 is expensive for a house?

Quote: (11-11-2011 04:04 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I know the point you're trying to make, but do you really think that $925,000 is expensive for a house?

For a second VACATION home?

It's not cheap, that's for sure.

I would guess if you have a $1million vacation home that puts you firmly in the 1% he enjoys rallying against.

Or maybe if he's got you obsessing over what type of house he lives in and how much he makes, he should keep doing whatever it is he's doing.

Quote: (11-11-2011 07:33 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Or maybe if he's got you obsessing over what type of house he lives in and how much he makes, he should keep doing whatever it is he's doing.

Obsess? Nah.
Exposing hypocrisy is fun.
Andrew Breitbart is making a killing doing it.

Quote: (11-12-2011 10:42 AM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

Obsess? Nah.
Here's an oldie but goodie...
Al Gores energy thirsty home.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

Obsess? Nah.

Obsessed.

And unable to comprehend that the fact that he lives in a large house in the middle of Michigan is not contrary to anything he's espoused.

(i dont particularly care for him/his movies FYI)

Obsess? Nah.

What exactly is hypocritical about MM having money or a nice house? Has he ever said that people should not be allowed to accrue wealth or have nice things? If you found out that he wasn't paying his taxes or that he was hiring illegal immigrants at sub-minimum wage, then you could call hypocrisy. But MM had nothing to do with the type of exploitive capitalism that destroyed the housing market and brought down the economy. He's a film maker, an artist. That's about as honest a way to get rich as there is. And a $900k home is not a huge amount. Maybe it is in Michigan but in NYC that wouldn't even buy you a 2 bedroom condo.

Lol, 919,000. Is this the best you have got? An average home in a decent suburb in my city is close to 800,000.

Pathetic. How much did so called "soccer mom" Sarah Palin take in last year? Talk about hypocrisy.

Quote: (11-12-2011 06:39 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Lol, 919,000. Is this the best you have got? An average home in a decent suburb in my city is close to 800,000.

Pathetic. How much did so called "soccer mom" Sarah Palin take in last year? Talk about hypocrisy.

when you hear about Sarah Palin at the OccupyWallSt protests bitching about the 1% let me know

Btw, that's a nice freakin house for $900k. That same house anywhere in California would be like 5 million minimum.

And usually documentary filmmakers are broke...they're lucky to make any money at all.

So for the self-proclaimed financial experts here, what's he supposed to do? Donate that $ to the March of Dimes and live in a tent?

He could very easily not be able to make money in his vocation in the next 5-10 years. Feast or famine is common for filmmakers, actors, singers etc. So he needs to preserve what he is, same as anyone else would.

He's been quite consistent and holds true to his roots, whether you like him/his films or not.

There are a number of reasons to call Moore a hypocrite, but I don't care that he owns a 900K+ house.

His hypocrisy starts with railing against Corporate America, but investing in Corporate America via his foundation, which is why he can get away with the half-truth, "I don't own any stocks".

Michael Moore is a preachy bitch who attempts to make unbiased films that somehow ultimately come out in favor of his liberal I-tug-you, you-tug-me agenda.

But hey, what use is all that cash (Fahrenheit 911 made over 200 million and cost about 10 to make) sitting in the bank? I might think that his films are preachy and lame and he looks like I would if I ate McDonalds every day for two years and was like 6 inches shorter, but I applaud the ambition.

And yes, 925k for any vacation home, let alone a second one, is expensive.

Quote: (11-12-2011 11:51 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

make unbiased films that somehow ultimately come out in favor of his liberal I-tug-you, you-tug-me agenda.

Of course they come out in favor of his agenda. That's the point. They convey his point of view. They are not at all unbiased and he'd be the first one to say so. Just look at the titles. Documentary films are not journalism and are not at all objective and aren't supposed to be...they convey the filmmakers point of view.

I'm not sure why anyone who didn't already someone share his politics or sympathize with them would watch his films or even care.

The right likes to hold him up as a symbol and say, "see, all liberals are like this guy and think this way." And that is of course not true. But he's an easy, big target, and he's low hanging fruit b/c he's a slovenly fat guy with a big mouth, who looks working class but has an expensive vacation home (now).

He indeed came from working class roots. His father, and grandfather i think, worked the assembly line at GM and his hometown was devastated when the plant closed. It's why he made his first documentary (about the effects of the plant closure on his town). It was unexpectedly successful... So he kept doing what he likes to do..make documentaries like this.

Quote: (11-12-2011 07:47 PM)Brian Wrote:  

when you hear about Sarah Palin at the OccupyWallSt protests bitching about the 1% let me know

When you hear about "soccer moms" flying about in private jets on a regular basis let me know.

Quote: (11-13-2011 10:10 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

When you hear about "soccer moms" flying about in private jets on a regular basis let me know.

wtf are you talking about? are you really that dumb? she can fly on her own 747 if she wants, as long as she doesnt stand up and talk about how flying private is wrong and capitalism sucks while making money off it. that former soccer mom is also a former Governor and VP candidate. the liberal stupidity seriously never ceases to amaze me. i'm surprised most of you can even manage to feed yourself, but I guess that explains why 17% of the country is on food stamps.

Quote: (11-13-2011 11:56 AM)Brian Wrote:  

wtf are you talking about? are you really that dumb? she can fly on her own 747 if she wants, as long as she doesnt stand up and talk about how flying private is wrong and capitalism sucks while making money off it. that former soccer mom is also a former Governor and VP candidate. the liberal stupidity seriously never ceases to amaze me. i'm surprised most of you can even manage to feed yourself, but I guess that explains why 17% of the country is on food stamps.

She is a fake who pretends that she is a working class soccer mom, just a regular citizen, a Washington outsider etc.. etc., while flying around in private jets and taking her family with her on all expense paid vacations.

Are YOU really that dumb?

Quote: (11-13-2011 11:56 AM)Brian Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2011 10:10 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Really? You're getting that bent out of shape about Sarah Palin? Calling ALL liberals or anyone who disagrees with you dumb, hypocrites, idiots etc?

By the way, by your own logic here, you can say the same about Al Gore re: HIS house. He's was the former VP for 8 years. He's on the board of Apple and has dignataries visiting his home. So he too can live the way he wants AND campaign against global warming.

Blaming the poor for being poor or unemployed when any sensible person right or left knows there's high systemic unemployment shows you're either dishonest or lacking a few I.Q. points yourself.

Also, your woman Palin is a FORMER gov b/c she quit. (to travel around talking etc.). If she was a democrat you'd be going ape sh-t complaining about her. But naturally, you're giving her a pass now.

Lastly, I like to see your point of view generally, but when you're more cool-headed about it

Sarah Palin has never made global warming an issue. Gore has, repeatedly, and used it to cash in, big time. The hypocrisy of that guy is mind boggling. He's just a whore like the rest of the politicians.

Quote: (11-13-2011 04:32 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Sarah Palin has never made global warming an issue. Gore has, repeatedly, and used it to cash in, big time. The hypocrisy of that guy is mind boggling. He's just a whore like the rest of the politicians.

He should at least stop eating meat if he thinks greenhouse gases are so harmful.

The moral of this story is that tenderman100 is a dumb troll who thinks Michael Moore, having made some documentaries pointing out some of the problems in this country, is somehow a left-wing spokesperson. Michael Moore isn't a left-wing spokesperson, he is just a documentary guy who is just someone the right-wing chooses to poke fun of because a lot of the things Michael Moore seems to expose (like how Detroit is fucked up, how our health care system is substandard compared to other Western Countries, and how we're delusionally pro-gun in this country) goes counter to the bread-and-butter wisdom of the right wing.

I don't know how this forum, of all places, ended up attracting right-wing loony talk. It's really baffling to me.

It's not even educated conservatives. No, it's the fucking dumb bumpkins who can somehow afford internet access for their cheap ePCs. For fuck's sake. The internet has become shit ever since every god damned person can afford to access it now.

Quote: (11-14-2011 03:00 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

The moral of this story is that tenderman100 is a dumb troll who thinks Michael Moore, having made some documentaries pointing out some of the problems in this country, is somehow a left-wing spokesperson. Michael Moore isn't a left-wing spokesperson, he is just a documentary guy who is just someone the right-wing chooses to poke fun of because a lot of the things Michael Moore seems to expose (like how Detroit is fucked up, how our health care system is substandard compared to other Western Countries, and how we're delusionally pro-gun in this country) goes counter to the bread-and-butter wisdom of the right wing.

I don't know how this forum, of all places, ended up attracting right-wing loony talk. It's really baffling to me.

It's not even educated conservatives. No, it's the fucking dumb bumpkins who can somehow afford internet access for their cheap ePCs. For fuck's sake. The internet has become shit ever since every god damned person can afford to access it now.

Uh, did you read Roosh's rules? Apparently not.

Quote: (10-27-2011 11:40 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

1. Re-read rule number one of the forum rules: http://www.rooshvforum.network/member.ph...n=register

2. Be respectful. If threads get out of hand, I'll close it.

3. Don't come to this subforum if you don't like people disagreeing with you. Don't name-call when this happens.

So I've asked him if I can rip you to shreds. If he gives me permission, you are in for the trashing of your life. Stay tuned.

Keroauc: Please no name calling or insults. Let's keep it sane.