rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Opening' has finally clicked

I feel on top of the fucking world, like huge lightbulbs going off.

The hardest part for me has always been actually taking the first step, aka opening, but today it clicked as to how UNIMPORTANT and minor of a step it is in the grand scheme of things.

Best illustrated by analogy, since I'm a visual guy.

You're in a canoe, in a lake teeming with women. Your opener is literally just tossing the fishing pole in the water -- causing fish to look your way.

How easy was that?

Transitioning to a regular conversation is trying to get the specific fish to take a bite.

Attraction/Comfort is the push/pull tug of the fish finally stuck on your bait swimming around.

Closing is when you pull that shit up and out of the water and fuck its brains out.

Not that I think reading an analogy will help someone, I just feel the need to express my epiphany.

Game on gents [Image: pimp.gif]

This is my main difficulty as well, even knowing that what you say doesn't make a huge difference. Are you saying you don't have any issues/fear cold opening now, or what?

Yea pretty much, it's just do it. Stop thinking about what to say and just say the first thing you think of -- it's 99% of the time gonna be a decent opener, if not awesome

Quote: (11-10-2011 11:36 AM)Docter Wrote:  

Stop thinking

+1

Quote: (11-10-2011 11:36 AM)Docter Wrote:  

Yea pretty much, it's just do it. Stop thinking about what to say and just say the first thing you think of -- it's 99% of the time gonna be a decent opener, if not awesome

Most of my openers are situational. Part of being good at game is being able to adjust on the fly to your surroundings and what you're given to work with. I guess I still use one of Roosh's big 2 from Bang, but that's a rarity.

One of my favorites at the moment I use with my wingman, I'll grab a girl and ask them if they've met Hollywood Ray yet? They'll get excited like they're meeting some sort of celebrity or something, it's weird. You've got their attention though.

Quote: (11-10-2011 07:11 PM)CJ Wrote:  

One of my favorites at the moment I use with my wingman, I'll grab a girl and ask them if they've met Hollywood Ray yet? They'll get excited like they're meeting some sort of celebrity or something, it's weird. You've got their attention though.

^^
I like this one.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

It's winter, and now the women are wearing boots. Here's an opening line I have been using with some success.

"Interesting boots. You know, we're (fill in the blank) not ride(ing) horses."

The blank?

"going to fly" (getting on an airplane_
"getting an education" (if you're at school)
"spending our hard earned dollars" (at a store)

It's a great opening neg. It makes them self conscious, wondering if something is wrong. If they come back and try to justify, you've hit the nerve.