rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Idiocracy

Idiocracy

Anyone around my age (late 20's) noticing that of their female facebook friends from school, it's all the dumb ones that have kids now? I just got this status update, I shit you not:

[Girl I knew from high school who is currently married with kids] answered 5 + 5 + 5 - 5 + 5 + 5 - 5 + 5 x 0 = ? with 0.

She's a teacher too.

Idiocracy

I don't agree with you. They're not dumb. They just use their heart and love the guy so much to give everything to them.

Idiocracy

The "Idiocracy" is coming. I doubt it will be as exaggerated as that one film portrayed it, but the demographics are clear.

Most of our intellectual elite are simply not reproducing in this society. Their birth rates are well below replacement level. Those who lack the same expressed intellectual capacity and resources (our intellectual elite just happen to be our wealthiest, on average) are simply outbreeding everyone.

Our most genetically fit (from an intelligence standpoint-a category not entirely genetic in origin, but significantly so) and accomplished individuals, the people with the resources most adequate to raise and teach several children well, aren't having children. Our least genetically fit (less expressed intelligence) individuals with the least adequate resources to raise any children well are having plenty of children.

On top of this, we have increasingly larger numbers of people in our society who see the creation of children not as a blessing, but an equivalent to a death or prison sentence.

No civilization will survive this intact. Expect complete and total decline or, at the very least, some very, VERY significant change is on order. Shit is going to hit the fan one way or the other.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Idiocracy

/raise. PhD here, STBX apparently just finished her PhD a week or so ago, never even considered having kids together and she said she never wanted any. Did consider donating to a sperm bank but now at 40+ they're not interested; there goes some awesome genes unless I wind up remarrying someone way younger, and in no hurry to do that any time soon either.

Meanwhile my cousins who never even considered going to college all have multiple kids, each one of whom is "a blessing". Hm.

Idiocracy

I basically agree with you guys, but think that the less intelligent have always been and will always be the vast majority of the population anywhere. One of the terms used to decribe the populace by the Romans was "numerarii' which can be freely translated as "belonging to the vast numbers" i.e. people who are only meaningful and representative due to the sheer size of their group, not due to their individual skills and talents.

Even in ancient Athens, at the height of their philosophical and artistic creation, the intellectual elite consisted of less than 3% of the people according to different estimates. And we're talking here, arguably, about one of the highest concentrations of geniuses in a single spot at a given time in the history of mankind. Obviously, we can't be sure about the exact figures, but I believe we can agree it was a very small group anyway. In the end it was this 3% that made a difference, not the remaining 97%.

IMO what matters most is the quality of the leadership, "the elite", the minority at the human top, because that directly affects the rest and raises the bar (or lowers it).

Idiocracy

Eh, figure genetic engineering will eventually make dysgenic pressure irrelevant, but that's going to be pretty much limited to the 100 million or so middle class or higher people in the world of the future. The other 9.9 billion people are going to be the sticky wicket. Well unless society somehow manages to solve all it's social problems and find a magical source of free energy that allows for an average quality of life higher than that of an African peasant...but I'm not holding my breath.

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 01:33 AM)liezelB Wrote:  

I don't agree with you. They're not dumb. They just use their heart and love the guy so much to give everything to them.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Idiocracy

I don't think so at all.

It will be fine. When we're 50 and 60, assuming we're alive, we'll have an excellent pool of young willing females.

This is 10x better than what's happening in Asia right now, Japan is having a demographics crunch and males there are the epitome of beta, China has the same problem coupled with shortage of women, and India...well, it's India, and it has a shortage of women like China.

I think North America will still be in a solid position come 2040.

Idiocracy

Girl troll: [Image: troll.gif]

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Idiocracy

I thought this thread was about the movie..

I love this movie

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 09:22 AM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

I don't think so at all.

It will be fine. When we're 50 and 60, assuming we're alive, we'll have an excellent pool of young willing females.

This is 10x better than what's happening in Asia right now, Japan is having a demographics crunch and males there are the epitome of beta, China has the same problem coupled with shortage of women, and India...well, it's India, and it has a shortage of women like China.

Umm what do you mean by "its" India? Is there something people should know about that place?

Idiocracy

I like this trend. The more dumb bitches we have in this world the better chance of getting laid. It is a fact that smart girls don't put out.....at least not to me anyway. Dumb bitches are too stupid to say no, or can be tricked to dropping the panties to the trusses.

And fuck smart bitches anyway. Dumb bitches ALWAYS lose at Monopoly. Have you ever had a smart bitch beat you down on the monopoly board? It is a crushing blow to a man's confidence. And don't get me started on Scrabble. The fuck do educated bishes come up with some of those words?

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 10:48 AM)Gariell Wrote:  

I don't think so at all.

Umm what do you mean by "its" India? Is there something people should know about that place?

To put out there I mean no disrespect to Indian people at all. By "umm it's India" it means the stifling culture they've created is really quite literally "hell" for anyone who wants to be a player.

In India a relationship is not about a man and a woman, it's about 2 families looking to transfer and combine wealth to each other. It's very medieval. Just...not good. Indians families will actually kill their daughter if she fucks around. Honor killings are very common.

And no disrespect to Indian guys, some seasoned Indian PUAs here in Toronto.

I love Indian girls. I'll always have a little soft spot for them, but their culture is...'unique'.

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 10:50 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I like this trend. The more dumb bitches we have in this world the better chance of getting laid. It is a fact that smart girls don't put out.....at least not to me anyway. Dumb bitches are too stupid to say no, or can be tricked to dropping the panties to the trusses.

And fuck smart bitches anyway. Dumb bitches ALWAYS lose at Monopoly. Have you ever had a smart bitch beat you down on the monopoly board? It is a crushing blow to a man's confidence. And don't get me started on Scrabble. The fuck do educated bishes come up with some of those words?
I swear to god that last weekend I had this girl with me in a resort that I stayed in for the night and asked her..Ya know we should get a pizza here before it gets too late and asked her what she wanted on it..

Her: Pepperoni?
Me: Sausage?
Her: What?
Me: You dont like veggies on pizza do you?
Her:They dont put that on pizza. It's pepperoni. Like what kind of veggies?
Me:I don't like them on pizza.
Her: Never heard of that...

Then we jump the fence to go in the hot tub and she sits right infront of the water outlet that's coming out at about 160 degrees and passes out..I grabbed her and yanked her out and felt the water were she was sitting.. Holy shit it almost burned my hand..

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 10:40 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I thought this thread was about the movie..

I love this movie

It is. And me too.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 09:24 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Girl troll: [Image: troll.gif]

Co-sign.

[Image: troll.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 02:27 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Most of our intellectual elite are simply not reproducing in this society. Their birth rates are well below replacement level. Those who lack the same expressed intellectual capacity and resources (our intellectual elite just happen to be our wealthiest, on average) are simply outbreeding everyone.

It's absolutely true. That first twenty minutes or so of Idiocracy really illustrates the problem cogently.

Assuming that we have something to contribute to the genetic pool, I sometimes wonder how guys like us can knock up a few bitches without all the burdens and risks (discussed at great length in other threads), for the betterment of mankind.

Probably best to do it abroad.

Idiocracy

On the other hand empirical IQ tests (let's set aside all the problems involved in testing intelligence; even Binet never intended IQ testing to be a full measure of intellifence) show that overall intelligence in the population is increasing. This is the Flynn Effect - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Others argue the opposite is happening.

Debating this properly takes more understanding of intelligence testing and statistics than arguments than just arguing from 'common sense'.

What is clearly declining in the West is the % of people who value education and culture. Not sure how that correlates with intelligence, but most likely negatively.

That said, this is interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_int...telligence

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 03:15 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

On the other hand empirical IQ tests (let's set aside all the problems involved in testing intelligence; even Binet never intended IQ testing to be a full measure of intellifence) show that overall intelligence in the population is increasing. This is the Flynn Effect - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Others argue the opposite is happening.

Debating this properly takes more understanding of intelligence testing and statistics than arguments than just arguing from 'common sense'.

What is clearly declining in the West is the % of people who value education and culture. Not sure how that correlates with intelligence, but most likely negatively.

That said, this is interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_int...telligence

The thing is the Flynn effect probably isn't a result of heritable intelligence. For starters the 100 years or so they've been testing this stuff is way too short for significant natural selection to take place in a species that takes 20 years per generation.

There are a couple probable causes for the Flynn effect. Improved nutrition in childhood (which seems to have become excessive nutrition now...but fatties are a rant for another day), which is going to allow brain development to reach it's physical potential for more people. Then there's the problem of IQ tests never being able to perfectly measure raw intelligence. Even a wordless test involving pattern recognition of culturally nonspecific symbols is going to end up being gamed by little kids whose helicopter parents have them playing with toys that improve pattern recognition. The SATs are even worse, given that every high school now spends all it's time teaching to the test.

Anti-intellectualism could be an issue, but the culture would have to promote it for long enough of a time that intelligent men faced a severe prolonged dry spell. On the other hand it's far more likely that a rival culture would overwhelm a society that did something so stupid. Which is actually the subject of about 90% of Roissy's posts...hmm.

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 12:12 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Anyone around my age (late 20's) noticing that of their female facebook friends from school, it's all the dumb ones that have kids now? I just got this status update, I shit you not:

[Girl I knew from high school who is currently married with kids] answered 5 + 5 + 5 - 5 + 5 + 5 - 5 + 5 x 0 = ? with 0.

She's a teacher too.

Before I nuked my failbook account and stripped everyone expect real friends and family I noticed that almost all the SMART girls I went to highschool with, the ones who got good scholarships to good schools (one girl got a full ride to Dartmouth) ended up staying in bumfuck Ohio, going to community college.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Idiocracy

Anyone else notice how attractive girls always seem about 15 IQ points dumber than they are? It always bothered me that girls who I knew to be smart still ended up sounding stupid.

I speculate that it's because attractive girls end up choosing their friends based on status/attractiveness, and not intelligence, so she takes on the personality and interests of her friends who are dim or average in intelligence yet hot, rather than hang with the smart plain janes. Smart girls who were average looking in high school tend to be better bets.

Another problem, in my view, is that there's no intelligent, elite culture. There's only pop culture. Even smart people aren't introduced to the finer things, so few people develop a taste for anything more refined than MTV and Glee. I attended a top university, hoping that people would be more articulate and intellectual, with more urbane interests, and didn't really find that to be the case.

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 06:43 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Anyone else notice how attractive girls always seem about 15 IQ points dumber than they are? It always bothered me that girls who I knew to be smart still ended up sounding stupid.

I speculate that it's because attractive girls end up choosing their friends based on status/attractiveness, and not intelligence, so she takes on the personality and interests of her friends who are dim or average in intelligence yet hot, rather than hang with the smart plain janes. Smart girls who were average looking in high school tend to be better bets.

Another problem, in my view, is that there's no intelligent, elite culture. There's only pop culture. Even smart people aren't introduced to the finer things, so few people develop a taste for anything more refined than MTV and Glee. I attended a top university, hoping that people would be more articulate and intellectual, with more urbane interests, and didn't really find that to be the case.

Another reason, quite simply, is that hot girls have little incentive to develop their higher faculties. They get every benefit from society (attention, good jobs, and even straight-up cash) without having to learn and "get smart" so to speak.

There are certainly exceptions, but this explains the overall girls-are-dumber, girls-are-not-funny, and smart-girls-tend-to-be-uglier phenomenon.

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 06:52 AM)Locksmith Wrote:  

I basically agree with you guys, but think that the less intelligent have always been and will always be the vast majority of the population anywhere. One of the terms used to decribe the populace by the Romans was "numerarii' which can be freely translated as "belonging to the vast numbers" i.e. people who are only meaningful and representative due to the sheer size of their group, not due to their individual skills and talents.

Even in ancient Athens, at the height of their philosophical and artistic creation, the intellectual elite consisted of less than 3% of the people according to different estimates. And we're talking here, arguably, about one of the highest concentrations of geniuses in a single spot at a given time in the history of mankind. Obviously, we can't be sure about the exact figures, but I believe we can agree it was a very small group anyway. In the end it was this 3% that made a difference, not the remaining 97%.

IMO what matters most is the quality of the leadership, "the elite", the minority at the human top, because that directly affects the rest and raises the bar (or lowers it).

You're right. The key issue here, though, is the ratio.

Even if the intellectual elite push their fertility up above replacement level, they'll usually be outnumbered by the "numerarii". We can't alter this.

We can, however, alter the ratio. What we're in danger of now is a widening of the gap in numbers between the numerarii and the elite, who unlike in the majority of times past, are now deliberately failing to replace themselves and sparking a decline in their own population. If they just put their fertility rates up to just above replacement level, we'd be in a good position.

Quote: (11-10-2011 11:58 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2011 02:27 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

It's absolutely true. That first twenty minutes or so of Idiocracy really illustrates the problem cogently.

Assuming that we have something to contribute to the genetic pool, I sometimes wonder how guys like us can knock up a few bitches without all the burdens and risks (discussed at great length in other threads), for the betterment of mankind.

Probably best to do it abroad.

Option 1: Sperm Banks. Donate as much and as often as you can before you hit your late 30's. There is great potential to sire 20+ children this way.

Option 2: Go abroad. This is the best option if you want to do it the natural way. Go to societies where a) children are still considered a blessing and young women want them early (one thing with more educated American women is that they tend to wait until the last second before going for the kid thing, flirting around or working like slaves in their prime and trying to procreate at 30-35-that ain't my cup of tea), b) the laws aren't aggressively anti-male and c) achieving good living standards costs far less relative to Western standards (so you can support many children easily).

Option 2 is my preferred choice, but I plan on exercising Option 1 as well.

As for the Idiocracy, the worst part about it all is that our intellectual (and, usually, socio-economic) elite who are refusing to push their fertility rate above replacement level think they're being more moral by doing so, calling it "responsibility".

It is absurd. Western nations are facing a population shortage-they need MORE babies, not less.
That, and these are the people most able to a) breed smarter kids, b) teach these kids valuable lessons and provide them with awareness needed to solve the "big issues" these people claim to be dealing with by not reproducing (ex: climate change) and c) give kids a good, stable upbringing (due to their material wealth and access to resources).

Bottomline: More kids from these socio-economic elites could equal a better proportion of smart, more aware, stable and well-raised children in the next generation. It is irresponsible, one could argue, for these people NOT to reproduce. More kids like that could go a long way to creating the "better world" these people spend so much time arguing for.

Instead, they allow themselves to be outbred by people who don't give a crap about the issues they're fighting for (or possess the resources/knowledge to deal with them)...while claiming that this is a way to solve the issues they are fighting for...yeah.

On second thought, maybe they aren't that bright after all...

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Idiocracy

Relevant read related to discussion: http://www.inmalafide.com/blog/2011/06/0...n-america/

Good comment:

Quote:Quote:

Similar ideas have not worked in Singapore, Japan, Korea, Germany and many other countries.

Want to know why?

It comes down to something that most so-called “high IQ” people do not understand.

Whether we like it or not, people who spend their whole existence being uppity scamsters and conmen (aka “high IQ”) are not exactly interested in doing something that might not benefit them- like raising kids. Peoples whose lives revolve around status, work, attention, con games and other assorted bullshit are too full of themselves to actually care about another human- let alone have kids.

When is the last time you met a non-narcissistic “high-IQ” girl?

Hello.

Idiocracy

Quote: (11-10-2011 10:59 AM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2011 10:48 AM)Gariell Wrote:  

I don't think so at all.

To put out there I mean no disrespect to Indian people at all. By "umm it's India" it means the stifling culture they've created is really quite literally "hell" for anyone who wants to be a player.

In India a relationship is not about a man and a woman, it's about 2 families looking to transfer and combine wealth to each other. It's very medieval. Just...not good. Indians families will actually kill their daughter if she fucks around. Honor killings are very common.

And no disrespect to Indian guys, some seasoned Indian PUAs here in Toronto.

I love Indian girls. I'll always have a little soft spot for them, but their culture is...'unique'.

There is alot of hate on this forum directed towards Indian culture not being open enough to dating. It may be true, but it's changing, and westernized Indian girls are usually fair game for Western guys of different races. I know tons of Indian girls that have dated non Indian guys.

Why don't we lob more anger at the Muslim community?
a) They are not modernizing. They have become more conservative in the last generation w/ regard to partying.
b) They are breeding at a higher rate than Indians
c) They don't let their women out of the house but have no problem banging around like crazy.
d) That's some serious honor killing trends, even in the West, while in the US you never have Indian families engaging in honor killings.
e) Indian guys, when they're rich, have earned their money through brains or business, while many Muslim countries live off their oil w/ little actual contribution.