rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Belt buckle allergy

Belt buckle allergy

I was wondering if there are other types of metals belt buckles are made out of? Most seem to be made out of nickle, which causes a rash when it contacts my skin. I have to tuck in my shirts generally to avoid this.

Belt buckle allergy

Same here...really annoying. usually have to go for higher end belts to avoid the cheap mental

Belt buckle allergy

A belt buckle allergy is a dermatitis which caused when the skin comes in direct contact with nickel or other metal in a buckle.Various other options such skin friendly belts,titanium belts,anti-allergic belts are available in markets.

Belt buckle allergy

Quote: (11-04-2011 10:25 AM)kbell Wrote:  

I was wondering if there are other types of metals belt buckles are made out of? Most seem to be made out of nickle, which causes a rash when it contacts my skin. I have to tuck in my shirts generally to avoid this.

Sounds familiar. I have an allergy to chrome. Years ago I bought a bunch of cheap Fruit of the Loom Boxers and with all of them the fly would gape open and my member would fall out (i.e. when wearing pants). I decided to fix it with a small chrome-plated safety pin on each pair. After a few weeks I had inexplicable skin irritation on my member--went to doctor thinking I'd caught something and he figured it out. Before that I'd never heard of a metal allergy.

Belt buckle allergy

what are the skin friendly belts made out of? latex? silicone? I saw some good ones on http://www.nonickel.com/catalog/Mens_Belts-7-1.html