rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hipster Game

Hipster Game

To expand on Roosh's blog post:

http://www.rooshv.com/tapping-into-the-hipster-niche

Any advice on hipster game?

Edit:

Roosh's post is a good start, but depending on how "hardcore" your hipster scene is, you may actually have to put some thought in to coming up with a "look." I personally don't really like the hipster scene, but Roosh's post has got me thinking if I should give it another try.

Either way, good to hear thoughts of dudes who have "cracked" this scene.

Hipster Game

I've made a thread that covers this. Search for artsy/hipster girls..

Hipster Game

With my style and look I should be getting all over this, but I can't stand the hipster scenes in DC (i.e. busboys & poets). There's one in Clarendon that I've heard of but they've always got a cover and I'm a cheap bastard. Need to figure something out.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Hipster Game

Why bother? when you run into one just use regular game. If you have to spend time in the Hipster circles a regular dude is going to end up killing one of them. Most hipster dudes are not players..Thats why it looks like everybody is "chill". They're not "chill" at all. Fuck them!

Hipster Game

IMO this demographic is all about "being in on it". You don't have to show up with crusty vans and wayfarers, but if you can talk the talk a little bit you'll be fine.

Just read Hipster Runoff for a month, it's a crash course.

And if you're in DC, go to Passenger, just north of Chinatown.

Not my scene, personally.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

Hipster Game

This scene is just another step to men not being men and women not being women anymore.
If you don't boycott this crap I hope you have nerves of steel to endure it.

Hipster Game

Quote: (11-02-2011 03:53 PM)the28 Wrote:  

This scene is just another step to men not being men and women not being women anymore.
If you don't boycott this crap I hope you have nerves of steel to endure it.
So true!

Hipster Game

hahahah.. hipster game.. it's hilarious. there is no hipster game..

Hipster Game

You don't have to be a hipster to bang hipsters

Hipster Game

hipster game- do drugs get laid

Hipster Game

There's a weird hipster-hybrid type of girl that has to be considered. This would be the type that has the requisite tattoos and piercings, but coupled with retro, über-feminine dress and makeup. Think rockabilly, pin-up look. Or throwback '50's skirts and blouses. Sure, you might have to suck it up and swallow the horn-rimmed glasses, but these girls can be hot.

Hipster Game

Quote: (11-02-2011 06:36 PM)PDX Wrote:  

There's a weird hipster-hybrid type of girl that has to be considered. This would be the type that has the requisite tattoos and piercings, but coupled with retro, über-feminine dress and makeup. Think rockabilly, pin-up look. Or throwback '50's skirts and blouses. Sure, you might have to suck it up and swallow the horn-rimmed glasses, but these girls can be hot.

This is true.

My main motivation is that occasionally I see a decent looking hipster chick and I suddenly get the motivation to start hitting up hipster bars.

For example, if you are in Austin, this is a typical hipster bar:

http://thebeautybar.com/austin/

Only problem is I hate the scene. Oh, well...on the upside you don't need much money (hell, you could be completely broke) to go out with hispter girls.

Hipster Game

Befriend em. There's a thin line in their world between friendship and fucking.

Hipster Game

Hipsters look like this. Not so much the titty girl
[attachment=3471]

Hipster Game

The good news is, guys like the one on the right are your competition.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Hipster Game

Quote: (11-02-2011 08:07 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

The good news is, guys like the one on the right are your competition.
True! The guy on the left will give you a run for the money. My bud. Hipster/Intl player

Hipster Game

The hipster niche is one of my strengths (unlike, say, Latin club-hoochies). Without restating what I said in this previous thread, I'd add a few points:

1. You have to have some degree of unconventionality in your style.
Your look has to be palatable to these girls. That doesn't mean you have to have a concave chest and no body fat, it just means you have to show that you have some fashion sense beyond the traditional "dude uniform." Something "indie" and off-market--but not douchey--works well. A custom suit or tight, filigreed, studded t-shirt is generally not going to cut it.

2. You need to bring some sharp wit or wry sense of humor.
You can't beat these bitches over the head with your traditional club material. These girls (especially the authentic hipsters, not just the girls that dress that way to fit in with the scene--a real problem in sizeable hipster enclaves in large American cities), appreciate a subtle joke or observational humor. Yeah, it's annoying that they may try to go toe-to-toe with you, but the better ones will just provide you with the requisite responses and laughter to keep you going and concede your superior ability early on.

3. You have to make your intentions known.
Because of the sizeable beta presence in those communities, these girls are accustomed to a larger-than-average swarm of beta orbiters. Be subtle with your humor, but not subtle with your game. Your angle should be pretty obvious from your contrasting alpha "frame," but keep that caveat in mind as you proceed.

4. Tease a lot, sexualize indirectly.
These girls appreciate a well-placed teasing session. The operative part is well-placed. You have to remain clever and funny, even if your statements are flirting with mean-spiritedness. If your targets are the real thing, they'll even appreciate being called out on their hipsterism. Don't go out of your way to ridicule their costumes (outfits)--or the "scene"--but subtly dropping the hipster label at some point after building comfort can work. The way to escalate sexually is definitely through clever innuendo and teasing rather than caveman. If your hipster game is tight, this shit gets the panties wet rapido.

5. Know some shit about indie music, art, fashion, whatever.
Being able to drop some knowledge on some underground music or artist is almost a requirement. It not only gives you cred, it also gives you a smooth segue (if you need it) into something to do together--assuming you don't get her to your place that same day, but frankly even still. Fortunately, this is pretty easy. Know a bar or two with live music in your area and, if you're really on top of your game, who's playing the coming days. It's even better if you "know this one band really well."

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Hipster Game

My hipster playas - would u say it's easier to fuck one of these girls if you have the emo hipster look or if you look completely different?

Hipster Game

With hipster chicks it always helps to be dick. They need it.

Subtle digs go along way, usually if you target their sense of uniqueness and are coming in as the outsider.

"Cool pants..." trail off, let it hang there, straight faced all the way. Were you being sarcastic? She can't tell but is this dude being critical of me?

"Did you get that at Abercrombie?" Pisses them off, especially if you feign smart ass confusion. Works, though.

And my all time favorite:

"You are the most unique person you know" Takes a second to sink in, but you can see their demeanor change through the whole process as it disarms her. My go to, especially if she is really playing up her "unique hipster" bonafides.

Hipster Game

Quote: (11-02-2011 09:59 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

The hipster niche is one of my strengths (unlike, say, Latin club-hoochies). Without restating what I said in this previous thread, I'd add a few points:

1. You have to have some degree of unconventionality in your style.
Your look has to be palatable to these girls. That doesn't mean you have to have a concave chest and no body fat, it just means you have to show that you have some fashion sense beyond the traditional "dude uniform." Something "indie" and off-market--but not douchey--works well. A custom suit or tight, filigreed, studded t-shirt is generally not going to cut it.

2. You need to bring some sharp wit or wry sense of humor.
You can't beat these bitches over the head with your traditional club material. These girls (especially the authentic hipsters, not just the girls that dress that way to fit in with the scene--a real problem in sizeable hipster enclaves in large American cities), appreciate a subtle joke or observational humor. Yeah, it's annoying that they may try to go toe-to-toe with you, but the better ones will just provide you with the requisite responses and laughter to keep you going and concede your superior ability early on.

3. You have to make your intentions known.
Because of the sizeable beta presence in those communities, these girls are accustomed to a larger-than-average swarm of beta orbiters. Be subtle with your humor, but not subtle with your game. Your angle should be pretty obvious from your contrasting alpha "frame," but keep that caveat in mind as you proceed.

4. Tease a lot, sexualize indirectly.
These girls appreciate a well-placed teasing session. The operative part is well-placed. You have to remain clever and funny, even if your statements are flirting with mean-spiritedness. If your targets are the real thing, they'll even appreciate being called out on their hipsterism. Don't go out of your way to ridicule their costumes (outfits)--or the "scene"--but subtly dropping the hipster label at some point after building comfort can work. The way to escalate sexually is definitely through clever innuendo and teasing rather than caveman. If your hipster game is tight, this shit gets the panties wet rapido.

5. Know some shit about indie music, art, fashion, whatever.
Being able to drop some knowledge on some underground music or artist is almost a requirement. It not only gives you cred, it also gives you a smooth segue (if you need it) into something to do together--assuming you don't get her to your place that same day, but frankly even still. Fortunately, this is pretty easy. Know a bar or two with live music in your area and, if you're really on top of your game, who's playing the coming days. It's even better if you "know this one band really well."

You have pretty much described my whole vibe right there.....
My social circle/scene crosses over with the hipsters regularly and im into these chicks(the fit ones)so im gonna attack like a badman now...

Hipster Game

Hipster girls LOVE being dominated in the sack. Don't be afraid to go caveman rough.

Hipster Game

Hipsters are noncompetitive by nature. Like a lot of guys have said in this thread, all of the hot ones have a rotation of beta males that they keep around because:

1. They're too lazy to compete with bitchier girls for alpha males
2. They are usually more psychologically broken than the average female
3. Other girls can't stand them

They are, by far, the most vulnerable girls in America because of their sexual depravity from never fucking any of the legions of betas in their midst, and because they typically don't hang out with other girls. Hooking up with these girls is like playing life on easy mode.

Also, knowing stuff about what bands they like or conforming to their style is generally unnecessary in my experience. Maybe because I'm not white and I have a non-European name, but they seem to find me as unique as they think they are.

Hipster Game

Quote: (11-03-2011 03:49 AM)Batata Wrote:  

Also, knowing stuff about what bands they like or conforming to their style is generally unnecessary in my experience. Maybe because I'm not white and I have a non-European name, but they seem to find me as unique as they think they are.

^^
This is a good observation about the scene in general, IMO.

The less you are like them (physically, ethnically, etc), the less you need to be like them (culturally).

The more you are like them, the more you need to be into their shit, or appear to be, because they're only into that shit because they feel that it sets them apart from what they view as the "other two hundred million boring white people in America".

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

Hipster Game

Quote: (11-02-2011 01:54 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

With my style and look I should be getting all over this, but I can't stand the hipster scenes in DC (i.e. busboys & poets). There's one in Clarendon that I've heard of but they've always got a cover and I'm a cheap bastard. Need to figure something out.

Wonderland Ballroom
Meridian Pint
Joint Chiefs
Room 11
Domku
Through the Looking Glass
The Passenger
Red Derby

that outta cover it

Hipster Game

It's ironic that hipsters might be a positive influence with regard to body health in the US. In Europe I consider them bottom of the barrel 15min-to-4am material.