rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Openers on the train

Openers on the train

I take the train to work every morning, and there a plenty of beautiful women.

I've given up on all the women listening to their ipods. I just can't think of a good enough opener to get them to keep the headphones off. People on the train commute are notoriously quiet. So for two strangers to talk in a car packed with 100+ people is awkward at best.

However, I thought of an opening that seems to work with women on their blackberries and iphones. I find that these women are so absorbed in their phones that it's normally pretty tough to crack them.

I say something along the lines of "so, you live you life on that thing?" in a slightly pejorative tone while pointing at her phone.

They instantly go on the defense. You can then talk about how you like face to face interaction and whatnot. This keeps them off the phone. Their guilt kicks in, so even if they don't like you, they won't go back to their phone right away.

Anyway, just thought I'd share a nugget and see if anyone had any recommendations for improvement, or maybe even a way to open those ipod women.

Openers on the train

Quote: (06-15-2009 02:48 PM)tracer10 Wrote:  

Anyway, just thought I'd share a nugget and see if anyone had any recommendations for improvement, or maybe even a way to open those ipod women.

Hey, I am bored of my iPod playlist. What do you have on yours?

Openers on the train

Quote: (06-15-2009 03:18 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2009 02:48 PM)tracer10 Wrote:  

Heh, I tried an opener like that once. Her earbuds were in so tight that she didn't hear me.

Everyone on the train just looked at me and I was left holding my dick and then went back to reading their papers.

Not saying it won't work, but I guess I should try making eye contact first to make sure she recognizes me trying to engage her.

Openers on the train

Don't make a comment about her. Ask a question where you need help on something. Then continue talking after she answered about some type of observation.

Openers on the train

Quote:Quote:

"so, you live you life on that thing?"

I don't like that at all. It can come across as a random attack and it just doesn't work for a neg.

This is better.

Openers on the train

Hmmmmm..... I will head back into the war room with your advice to think it over.

Thanks [Image: smile.gif]

Openers on the train

I dug out this old thread about approaching in trains.
I commute daily to my university by train and trolleybus
and see some fine cuties. But like the original poster pointed
out, people are very quiet and appear like they don´t want to be bothered.
Anybody knows some other good ways to get a convo going in
public transport?

Openers on the train

Quote: (04-08-2011 10:40 AM)Austrian Wrote:  

I dug out this old thread about approaching in trains.
I commute daily to my university by train and trolleybus
and see some fine cuties. But like the original poster pointed
out, people are very quiet and appear like they don´t want to be bothered.
Anybody knows some other good ways to get a convo going in
public transport?

Roosh covered it perfectly.

Don't make a comment about her. Ask a question where you need help on something. Then continue talking after she answered about some type of observation.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Openers on the train

I have been meaning to write about this subject for about two years but more from the aspect of travel travel, not train commuting.

I will do it some point soon.

Openers on the train

Quote: (04-08-2011 11:59 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I have been meaning to write about this subject for about two years but more from the aspect of travel travel, not train commuting.

I will do it some point soon.

I've yet to try this, but originally thought it up to open girls at coffee shops or other WiFi sit-arounds, but could work on the train (especially underground)

"Hey, is your WiFi working? I got nothing"
alternatively
"Hey, are you getting a signal? I got nothing"

I figured it atleast initiates a small converstion "what network" "is there a login?" Basically act a little oblivious to get her talking, have her show you whats what on her screen this'll give you the opportunity to see something that you can use to lead into a better less technical conversation.

As for iPod chicks, how well does the clumsy guy angle work? Stumble and "accidentally" unplug her iPod, giving you a chance to open her without whatever shitty music she's listening to drown you out.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Openers on the train

You should go direct first to get over the fear of rejection in front of 100 people. Its extremely hard to push yourself to open in a train but if you can push yourself to do direct it will make it easier to open with whatever you want later on.
In terms of day game, I've always noticed that direct game is really good for getting over the fear of approaching. However, I can't speak for results as I'm only recently starting to get numbers. I'm going to try switch it up and use more indirect because direct seems to work best when you are in a fearless state.