rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you have genital herpes?

To see how many in this player community have genital herpes. for educational purposes

Fun fact a friend of mine is genetically immune to herpes, you could soak him in a tub of the herp juice and he'd walk away scott free, every male on his fathers side of the family has it. Lucky bastard.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I'm going to start telling women that.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (10-27-2011 03:51 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Fun fact a friend of mine is genetically immune to herpes, you could soak him in a tub of the herp juice and he'd walk away scott free, every male on his fathers side of the family has it. Lucky bastard.

If you are not trolling, can you elaborate more on that.

Negative.

Aloha!

This makes no sense. Like saying someone is immune to the common cold. Herpes can infect any human.

Quote: (10-27-2011 04:32 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Not trolling, maybe he was when he told me though, but I cant go into much because I dont know much.

What i do remember (vaguely) was that he produced an antibody (might have the wrong terminology there) that ostensibly destroyed the disease outright. Its not just that he doesn't have symptoms, he cant even be a carrier.

Chef In Jeans

No genital herpes here. Am suffering from genital despair......from not having my dick balls deep in some tight little manky right now. [Image: banana.gif]

It is probably because he doesn't have the receptor cells to get herpes. As there are some people who appear to be immune to the HIV virus because they no do have the receptor cells as well. Maybe someone with a biology background could give a better explanation on this.

People with O negative blood type are immune to HIV aids... im O positive, FML

Quote: (10-27-2011 06:27 PM)defguy Wrote:  

That isn't true.

Quote: (10-27-2011 05:50 PM)johnw28 Wrote:  

It is probably because he doesn't have the receptor cells to get herpes. As there are some people who appear to be immune to the HIV virus because they no do have the receptor cells as well. Maybe someone with a biology background could give a better explanation on this.

That sounds similar to how I remember him explaining it. Regardless, assuming it was true he basically used it as an excuse to rawdog every girl, ever. As per his last blood test he's still clean (as far as I know)

Chef In Jeans

Quote: (10-27-2011 06:59 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (10-27-2011 05:50 PM)johnw28 Wrote:  

That sounds similar to how I remember him explaining it. Regardless, assuming it was true he basically used it as an excuse to rawdog every girl, ever. As per his last blood test he's still clean (as far as I know)

Thats a good but simple explanation. For HIV theres a receptor on the cell surface CCR5 that the HIV virus particle needs to bind to resistant individuals lack that cell surface marker so the HIV virus cant bind to and infect cells. On a side note, you can't just get rid of the CCR5 receptor in people because I believe it has a function in the inflammatory response.

I would assume the inherited resistance to herpes follows the same kind of mechanism, the individual is genetically lacking the receptor for the herpes virus thus the herpes virus can't bind and infect the person.

so it seems like this community has a much less incidence of genital herpes than the general population (20%). or maybe the poll is just not accurate or representative or something. interesting nonetheless

Quote: (10-27-2011 10:18 PM)endobendo Wrote:  

so it seems like this community has a much less incidence of genital herpes than the general population (20%). or maybe the poll is just not accurate or representative or something. interesting nonetheless

It's funny how many people are in denial, or maybe only the guys without herpes voted.

Quote: (10-27-2011 10:18 PM)endobendo Wrote:  

Many people have HSV-2 infections but don't have symptoms (yet). The virus can be latent for years and then become active unexpectedly, especially if your immune system becomes suppressed. I think only about 20% of people who test positive for HSV-2 have any symptoms beforehand.

Quote: (10-27-2011 06:31 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Quote: (10-27-2011 06:27 PM)defguy Wrote:  

That isn't true.

Dudes whose dicks bend to the left are also immune to HIV. Look it up.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (10-27-2011 05:46 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

No genital herpes here. Am suffering from genital despair......from not having my dick balls deep in some tight little manky right now. [Image: banana.gif]

ha ha , made me chuckle! No gential herpes in these nether regions.

Quote: (10-27-2011 05:43 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (10-27-2011 04:32 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Not trolling, maybe he was when he told me though, but I cant go into much because I dont know much.

What i do remember (vaguely) was that he produced an antibody (might have the wrong terminology there) that ostensibly destroyed the disease outright. Its not just that he doesn't have symptoms, he cant even be a carrier.

Hey Chad Daring,

Something about this tells me your friend is full of shit. I bet he's got the major case of herpes going.

Have you seen documents proving his non-herpes status, or have you heard his father and grandfather talk about their immunity?

I'm just saying, if I had herpes the first thing everybody I know would hear is that I'm somehow magically resistant to herpes.

The bigger the story, the bigger the lie.

Aloha!

A lot of misinformation in this thread...

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Got tested today. Clean of everything. BOOYAH!

In a forum dedicated to having lots of casual sex and many admitting to spotty condom usage, I find the 97% "no" vote to be dubious.

Quote: (10-29-2011 02:05 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

In a forum dedicated to having lots of casual sex and many admitting to spotty condom usage, I find the 97% "no" vote to be dubious.

Haha, yeah 1 out of 5 American adults has genital herpes but 98% of guys on this forum don't. That makes perfect sense.

Why get tested? Just squeeze a lime in her pussy and around the pussy where you see any strange bumps, and if it doesn't burn , you're good to go! I read this while staying at a holiday inn last week.

Quote: (10-29-2011 03:07 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-29-2011 02:05 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Haha, yeah 1 out of 5 American adults has genital herpes but 98% of guys on this forum don't. That makes perfect sense.
So 50 guys the 98% say they don't have it.. so what?